Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
What version of UnRen did you use? If you tried 0.8 then try 0.9. If you tried 0.9, try 0.8. And use only options 1 and 2.

Oh yes, I remember, looks like because this is unofficial RenPy port, it has some errors inside.
Yes i used both versions but same
it's a shame we can't :'(

Klow_ice

Sep 2, 2019
Hello Klow_ice, I'll tell you what I did to translate this game with the v01d_08 tool
at least for me it worked (sorry, my english is via google translate)

1- after using UnRen, you remove it from the game folder all these RPY files mentioned in the error, if you notice in the error it shows the path to the file
2- put all these rpy files mentioned in the error in a folder of your choice
3- now do the translation that should work perfectly
you can use the game like this, only some texts on the game computer will be in English
or you can do the manual translation of the RPY that you separated in step 2
- after translating manually using some text editor (atom in my case) you put these rpy scripts back where they were in the game folder
after doing all this run the game once and it will give the error you mentioned at the beginning
- but don't be alarmed, delete the rpy you translated that cause an error, they are no longer needed.
when running the game with them in the game folder these RPY updated the rpyc that now contains their manual translation.
and ready your game should work perfectly with all the translation (this should not be the correct way but it works)
i hope i was clear, as i said before my english is by google translate.
no problem, I also use google translate ^^
thanks for that, i will try ;)

Leo...

Donor
Oct 7, 2019
Please, can you specify your instructions more? I moved all the RPY error files, when I use RenPy to create a language folder with a dialog pull out, it throws me an error!
Hello, I generated a smooth translation folder for Summertime Saga
I used the compressed version of https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-v0-20-1-kompas-productions.276/page-2203#post-3425379

I'll leave my tl folder with the translation folder clean so you can just translate
when generating the translation on renpy I used the name fzone (don't forget to change it on your screens)

001.JPG

I'm also leaving settings.rpy (file where you must add the translation button in the menu)
you won't even need to use UnRen in the game.
just download my game folder below and play inside the game folder of the compressed game (link above)

location where you will find the settings.rpy to edit is SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc compressed \ game \ scripts \ core \ user_interface \ menu

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Hello, I generated a smooth translation folder for Summertime Saga
I used the compressed version of https://f95zone.to/threads/summertime-saga-v0-20-1-kompas-productions.276/page-2203#post-3425379

I'll leave my tl folder with the translation folder clean so you can just translate
when generating the translation on renpy I used the name fzone (don't forget to change it on your screens)

View attachment 684722

I'm also leaving settings.rpy (file where you must add the translation button in the menu)
you won't even need to use UnRen in the game.
just download my game folder below and play inside the game folder of the compressed game (link above)

location where you will find the settings.rpy to edit is SummertimeSaga-0-20-1-pc compressed \ game \ scripts \ core \ user_interface \ menu
Thanks, I translated the game. I managed to create a language selection button in the menu, but it does not respond. I tried several variants, but they do not start me even a game. Even the zzz variant does not work:unsure:

Leo...

Donor
Oct 7, 2019
Thanks, I translated the game. I managed to create a language selection button in the menu, but it does not respond. I tried several variants, but they do not start me even a game. Even the zzz variant does not work:unsure:
in the settings.rpy I sent you add the line as shown in the image
where you have (portugês) add the name of your language asCapturar.JPG

Reactions: 4ppendix

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Thanks to you, I managed to start the game, but not all dialogs are translated ... Now I will have to go through it all, fix it manually. But thanks

Reactions: Leo...

gebasy

Jun 27, 2018
Hi, thank you for such a great effort,
I'm trying to translate The_Secret_Reloaded--pc--0.4.2
I'm already done translating all the lines and exporting the dialogue from the translations file.
the step of creating another language screen is really hard for me to understand
I attached here the screens files which I found at game/ folder inside the main directory of the game.
Your help is appreciated.

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Hi, thank you for such a great effort,
I'm trying to translate The_Secret_Reloaded--pc--0.4.2
I'm already done translating all the lines and exporting the dialogue from the translations file.
the step of creating another language screen is really hard for me to understand
I attached here the screens files which I found at game/ folder inside the main directory of the game.
Your help is appreciated.
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-translation-tool.21920/page-18#post-3525924

gebasy

Jun 27, 2018
This worked thank you so much but the font is not working as my language comes from the right to left
is there any advice regarding this issue
Thank you

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
This worked thank you so much but the font is not working as my language comes from the right to left
is there any advice regarding this issue
Thank you
There is no direct answers, since this tool only helps to translate the game dialogues. And I really don't know how to help you. You need to find the font that supports your language, and that to change it using code somehow. See my post, maybe it will give you some focal points.

gebasy

Jun 27, 2018
Thank you for your kind replay, I guess I will stop here as I couldn't find solution for this matter and I will keep an eye if anything appeared around. :)

pablo.1297

Jan 2, 2019
El traductor de Yandex se paga ahora ¿No sabe si no hay otra forma de traducir automáticamente?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Does anyone have an alternative option?

Bad news, Yandex API is no longer free.
Try using Google, it still has some free options.

Does anyone know good and free online translator, that has public API ?
DeepL is good, but it is not free.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DonoDaCasa
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes