5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
I said the same thing :) ... change "italian" to "it" in scripts.rpy
You can't paste file from folder it to a new italian because in .rpy there is
# game/scripts/intro.rpy:134
translate it intro_165694ef:

or you have to change translate it with translate italian in all the .rpy if you create the new folder

but the problem is not language settings
Infatti ho cambiato 'italian' in 'it' e il pulsante è selezionabile, switcha il menu ma la lingua nel gioco rimane inglese.
In fact I changed 'italian' to 'it' and the button is selectable, switch the menu but the language in the game remains English.

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Infatti ho cambiato 'italian' in 'it' e il pulsante è selezionabile, switcha il menu ma la lingua nel gioco rimane inglese.
In fact I changed 'italian' to 'it' and the button is selectable, switch the menu but the language in the game remains English.
The problem is not language settings ...

All direct translation works ( choices ,menu) not others things ...

direct
Python:
translate it strings:

# game/screens.rpy:225
    old "Back"
    new "Indietro"
no direct :) see the tag translate it intro_21d42849

Python:
# game/scripts/intro.rpy:137
translate it intro_21d42849:

# Lisa "You decided to come with us, even though you could have stayed with Ann and Alice. So stop complaining."
    Lisa "Hai deciso di venire con noi, anche se avresti potuto restare con Ann e Alice. Quindi smettila di lamentarti."

Reactions: wasya2009

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
attach the file Log.txT
Ok, what is see is next error:
Google.Apis.Auth.OAuth2.Responses.TokenResponseException Error:"invalid_grant", Description:"Invalid grant: account not found"
Looks like you made some errors in your google.json file. Please download it again from your Google cloud console, and make sure you follow the steps from Translate.API.pdf - active the cloud API for translation, set up the project, and download private key as json.
So again - I think this error occurs because of incorrect information in your google.json file, and what I see - Google says that your account not found. So probably only you can fix it.

I managed to translate but when I transform it into an apk, why won't the translation?
Hello Ali. Sorry, can't understand your question. What do you mean under "when I transform it into an apk, why won't the translation" ?

Last edited:

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
Nope
First - read this post
Second - read documentation, and howto games in renpy
Third - if you don't understand how, to... maybe find this official renpy forum, and reading post or another
Four - if you are asking for some help, describe the problem first (the more detailed the better). There are some mind readers on the forum :sleep: o_O :LOL: They only help when they have a lot of free time, so try to learn for the future yourself
Five - Using Google/Yahoo/Yandex/DuckDuckGo...or somethink, to find answers for your questions
Six - problem with this soft/your computer or problem with your hands/mind

Atlan1000

Dec 10, 2019
Hello v01d_08,

Is it possible to implement this translator in the tool?

This is (in my eyes) the best online translator (better than Google or Yandex (where I can't sign up)) and it is very versatile and scalable.

It's free for API usage in the first month only, but you can cancel it monthly without any problems.
Here is the link to the free online translation to compare with others...

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello v01d_08,

Is it possible to implement this translator in the tool?

This is (in my eyes) the best online translator (better than Google or Yandex (where I can't sign up)) and it is very versatile and scalable.

It's free for API usage in the first month only, but you can cancel it monthly without any problems.
Here is the link to the free online translation to compare with others...

Hello, Atlan1000. There was a discussion of DeepL already. To make the long story short:
1) It is not free - API access costs 5 euro per month;
2) The monthly limit is only 1M chars. If exceeded - 20 euro per 1M;
3) There is a subscription plan only for a limited list of countries (mostly EU and several high-developed countries).
But, of cource, the main reason that it is not free.

C410_sama

Aug 26, 2020
Alguém pode me ajudar, fiz tudo certo mas na hora que coloquei meu idioma está tudo vazio mas como lisnhas estão todas traduzidas, acho que coloquei o .txt no lucro errado

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
v01d_08 hello i have a problem with the file screens.rpy i modify it i get in the menu but i can't select the option Splatino. I have attached the original version 12 and the modification.

xelion

Apr 8, 2018
v01d_08 hello i have a problem with the file screens.rpy i modify it i get in the menu but i can't select the option Splatino. I have attached the original version 12 and the modification.
The text is not well aligned
I give you an image, of how you should have these lines of text that you have entered
Also in my image, you will see how some yellow arrows, that is that you have made INTRO, you have to erase them. It has to be exactly like in my image.
I also attach my screen, with the lines aligned. I have tried it and it works

----------------------------
En español
Las líneas de texto , tiene que estar alineadas con el vbox. Además en mi imagen, verás como unas flechas amarillas, eso es que has hecho INTRO, tienes que borrarlas. Tiene que quedar exacto como en mi imagen.
Te adjunto una imagen, para que veas como tienen que estar
También te he hecho el screen con esas líneas bien alineadas y he probado y funciona. Puedo elegir EspLatino.

saludos

Sorry for writing in Spanish. It is that I have no idea of English, and in case I do not explain myself well, I have added Spanish explanation.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
The text is not well aligned
I give you an image, of how you should have these lines of text that you have entered
Also in my image, you will see how some yellow arrows, that is that you have made INTRO, you have to erase them. It has to be exactly like in my image.
I also attach my screen, with the lines aligned. I have tried it and it works

----------------------------
En español
Las líneas de texto , tiene que estar alineadas con el vbox. Además en mi imagen, verás como unas flechas amarillas, eso es que has hecho INTRO, tienes que borrarlas. Tiene que quedar exacto como en mi imagen.
Te adjunto una imagen, para que veas como tienen que estar
También te he hecho el screen con esas líneas bien alineadas y he probado y funciona. Puedo elegir EspLatino.

saludos

Sorry for writing in Spanish. It is that I have no idea of English, and in case I do not explain myself well, I have added Spanish explanation.
no work
----
no deja seleccionar EspLat

xelion

Apr 8, 2018
Have you tried my file? I've used it, and it lets me select language and translate.

In the image, there is almost nothing translated, since I have only put a few translations of the menu, so you can see that it works

If you are going to edit your screen.rpy, make sure to align both the vbox and the added lines, and above all you have to eliminate all the jumps that you have generated with TAB or INTRO (in my case they would be the yellow arrows that I show in the image of more above), the arrows are visible, because I have since it shows jumps

Reactions: ktemanuel

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Help me
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 264, in script
    python:
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 596, in execute
    screen load():
    screen load():
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 600, in execute
    use file_slots(_("Load"))
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 603, in execute
    screen file_slots(title):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 607, in execute
    use game_menu(title):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 419, in execute
    screen game_menu(title, scroll=None, yinitial=0.0):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 428, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 431, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 437, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 440, in execute
    if scroll == "viewport":
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 471, in execute
    transclude
    use game_menu(title):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 609, in execute
    fixed:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 628, in execute
    grid gui.file_slot_cols gui.file_slot_rows:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 636, in execute
    for i in range(gui.file_slot_cols * gui.file_slot_rows):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 640, in execute
    button:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 643, in execute
    has vbox
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 647, in execute
    text FileTime(slot, format=_("{#file_time}%A, %B %d %Y, %H:%M"), empty=_("empty slot")):
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 259, in FileTime
    return _strftime(format, time.localtime(mtime))
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 95, in _strftime
    rv = time.strftime(rv.encode("utf-8"), t).decode("utf-8")
ValueError: Invalid format string

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\main.py", line 524, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
    context.run()
    python:
    python:
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 896, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1929, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\game.py", line 332, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 896, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1929, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\FootOfTheMountains-V12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen load():
    screen load():
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 600, in execute
    use file_slots(_("Load"))
    use game_menu(title):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 428, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 431, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 437, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 440, in execute
    if scroll == "viewport":
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 471, in execute
    transclude
    use game_menu(title):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 609, in execute
    fixed:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 628, in execute
    grid gui.file_slot_cols gui.file_slot_rows:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 636, in execute
    for i in range(gui.file_slot_cols * gui.file_slot_rows):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 640, in execute
    button:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 643, in execute
    has vbox
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 647, in execute
    text FileTime(slot, format=_("{#file_time}%A, %B %d %Y, %H:%M"), empty=_("empty slot")):
  File "<screen language>", line 647, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 259, in FileTime
    return _strftime(format, time.localtime(mtime))
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 95, in _strftime
    rv = time.strftime(rv.encode("utf-8"), t).decode("utf-8")
ValueError: Invalid format string

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457
Foot Of The Mountains V12
Fri Sep 04 21:34:27 2020

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes