Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Can you still make a different program or something? I'm sure there are those who think like me
But is there a sence of making duplicated functionality in this tool? You can always use the Translate++ or Rackamtranslate, if you want it step by step, or just use the RenPy translations tool if you need it in batch.

"Kimber

Nov 23, 2017
Con un pò di pazienza puoi fare come me, quando hai finito la traduzione con google e ricompilato apri direttamente i file rpy con Rackamtranslate per fare le correzioni necessarie, non è completamente automatico ma usa DeepL Translate.
With a little patience you can do the same as me, when you have finished the translation with google and recompiled open directly the rpy files with Rackamtranslate to make the necessary corrections, it is not fully automatic but use DeepL Translate.
Can you explain in more detail how he did it? Or are you with a video?

"Kimber

Nov 23, 2017
But is there a sence of making duplicated functionality in this tool? You can always use the Translate++ or Rackamtranslate, if you want it step by step, or just use the RenPy translations tool if you need it in batch.
because your program is the best, man

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Can you explain in more detail how he did it? Or are you with a video?
I just saw this lines of text on his site
Automatic translation
Translator++ equipped with tool to translate all in-game text using some of the most famous translation tool available.
This feature is mainly served as a reference to produce better manual translation. But yes, if you don’t care about translation quality … you have an option to translate everything using online or offline translation services just by a couple of click. -_^
I don't know what it means, will download and check his tool later. Because currently I haven't find any offline translators.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
What I did was to do the automatic translations with Google then pass the file to docx and correct the dialogs with the deepl.com since the Google translator is not very good then I use the tutorial to compare both files and export the corrected dialogs. Deepl translated over 136000 lines and over one million characters of the game foot of the montain. Sorry for my bad English

Reactions: ▌Gin ▐

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
What I did was to do the automatic translations with Google then pass the file to docx and correct the dialogs with the deepl.com since the Google translator is not very good then I use the tutorial to compare both files and export the corrected dialogs. Deepl translated over 136000 lines and over one million characters of the game foot of the montain. Sorry for my bad English
Buona idea, proverò.
Good idea, I'll try.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Do you have a free version of DeepL for Windows? What are the limits? Web version of DeepL is limited to 5k chars only per request.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Do you have a free version of DeepL for Windows? What are the limits? Web version of DeepL is limited to 5k chars only per request.
as explained use deepl to correct the translation made by google. take out the txt with the app then translate the file with google and correct it with deepl which translated 2535 pages and 1891598 characters with spaces. I use the web version without registering and so far it is the best English Spanish translator I have tried in a long time

• Wow
Reactions: xelion and v01d_08

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
I've just tried it myself, translated a document with 50k chars in 10 seconds. Looks like they have no limits for documents, but there is no documentation about this feature.
I don't think this will last forever, but this is very interesting. I will think how I can use it in my tool.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I've just tried it myself, translated a document with 50k chars in 10 seconds. Looks like they have no limits for documents, but there is no documentation about this feature.
I don't think this will last forever, but this is very interesting. I will think how I can use it in my tool.
The truth is that it would be good to implement that translator because the truth is that everything I translated from English or Japanese were very good translations.
That doc took me several minutes to translate and it took a while. I thought he was hung up but it wasn't just the process

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Solo per capire bene .. il file txt fa copia / incolla in word, tradotto on-line come documento, e poi copia / incolla da word a txt?
Just to understand... does the txt file copy/paste in word, translated online as a document, and then copy/paste from word to txt?

D

Deleted member 1004657

you saw this translation, maybe it will teach you something
v01d_08
please take a look

• Thinking Face
Reactions: v01d_08

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
you saw this translation, maybe it will teach you something
v01d_08
please take a look
Wow, this is a powerful tool. Sad, that it supports only Unity games. But this guys spend lots of time to add a support of all those translators. As far as I understand, this plugin builds itself in Unity game through a Unity plugin system, and has access to game text in real time. So it actually does not translate the game, it translates only the text thay you see on the screen. This differs from the idea of my tool, but it's the matter of taste.
Also I noticed that they have a support of one offline translator called "Power Translator World Premium 15". It is shareware, but I found the cracked version. Some people say the quality of translation is poor, some say it is acceptable.
Currently I think I should try to play more with DeepL file translation when I have some free time, maybe it will become a new way of translation for my tool. If not, I will take a look at that offline translator.

Games Mais 18

Developing New Stories, New Dreams.
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2020
[/CITAR]

very good even does that, gives your tool a functionality in deepl, as it is very powerful, and I am very happy to have people who are so committed to making game translations more and more efficient.

muito bom mesmo faz isso, dá uma funcionalidade no deepl a sua ferramenta, pois ela é muito poderosa, e fico muito feliz de ter pessoas que são tão empenhadas em tornar as traduções de jogos cada vez mais eficientes.

kakalee

May 20, 2019
Please edit this file for me.
Let me ask you more: after the translation is finished and export the translation to the game / tl / mylang directory. Then just edit the Screen.rpy file to play the game, right?
sorry, Because I am very bad at English, I use google translate, hoping for sympathy!

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Please edit this file for me.
Let me ask you more: after the translation is finished and export the translation to the game / tl / mylang directory. Then just edit the Screen.rpy file to play the game, right?
sorry, Because I am very bad at English, I use google translate, hoping for sympathy!
is the right process

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes