Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Please edit this file for me.
Let me ask you more: after the translation is finished and export the translation to the game / tl / mylang directory. Then just edit the Screen.rpy file to play the game, right?
sorry, Because I am very bad at English, I use google translate, hoping for sympathy!
If you don't know how to edit the screens file, you can always use the other method. See this post. Just download that file, and change language there to "mylang", which is the name of your directory in game/tl folder.

Reactions: kakalee

kakalee

May 20, 2019
If you don't know how to edit the screens file, you can always use the other method. See this post. Just download that file, and change language there to "mylang", which is the name of your directory in game/tl folder.
Thank you but I tried it and my game language is still not translated, can you check for me, ty!
PS: I put the file zzz.rpy in the folder Dream of Desire / game, then I edit the zzz file to: config.language = "vi" ("vi" is the translated folder name in Dream of Desire / game / tl). Can you edit the Screen.rpy file for me. ty!

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Thank you but I tried it and my game language is still not translated, can you check for me, ty!
PS: I put the file zzz.rpy in the folder Dream of Desire / game, then I edit the zzz file to: config.language = "vi" ("vi" is the translated folder name in Dream of Desire / game / tl). Can you edit the Screen.rpy file for me. ty!
If your game is not translated, than probably you did not make any translations. Did you export translated dialogues back to game?
I checked you screens file, and unfortunately it uses images as buttons, so I'm not sure if creating own text-buttons will work. The file zzz works the same way as screens file does, so you better use it for this game.

kakalee

May 20, 2019
If your game is not translated, than probably you did not make any translations. Did you export translated dialogues back to game?
I checked you screens file, and unfortunately it uses images as buttons, so I'm not sure if creating own text-buttons will work. The file zzz works the same way as screens file does, so you better use it for this game.
Thank you, I tried using this file Screen.rpy. nd everything worked fine, my game has been translated (game Dream of Desire). Anyway thank you very much: D

Lucas979

Oct 13, 2018
someone share their google api?
It happens that my card (Which is Visa Prepaid) is not accepted in google cloud ... they only accept credit cards.
I promise that I will only use the api for translations, it will not do anything else.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
[QUOTE = "Lucas979, publicación: 4307679, miembro: 945698"]
¿Alguien comparte su API de Google?
Sucede que mi tarjeta (que es Visa Prepago) no es aceptada en google cloud ... solo aceptan tarjetas de crédito.
Prometo que solo usaré la API para traducciones, no hará nada más.
[/CITAR]
Utilizo una tarjeta prepago de mi país que se llama uala y no tuve ningún problema si me pedías que tuviera saldo para verificar si el verdadero sueño de la tarjeta.
I use a prepaid card from my country called uala and I didn't have any problem if you asked me to have a balance to verify if the real dream of the card.

Last edited:

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
yo al intentar usar mi tarjeta directamente me sale la pantalla de que no se aceptan tarjetas prepagas... no se si es solo en mi pais.. aunque ya intente con otros e igual me sale esto
View attachment 844491
3 things.
1 first is an english site if you write in any other language than english you will be suspended or banned.
2 things I don't know what country you are from?
3 I used a UALA prepaid card in one account and in the other one I used BRUBANK both I allowed without problems.
------
3 cosas.
1 primero es un sitio en ingles si escribis en cualquier otro idoma que no sea ingles te van a suspender o banear.
2 cosas no se de que pais eres?
3 yo use una tarjeta prepaga UALA en una cuenta y en la otra use BRUBANK ambas me permitio sin problemas.

JumPin

May 14, 2020
I put the file in the settings folder and rename it to google.json, but the software does not identify the file.

111.png

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I put the file in the settings folder and rename it to google.json, but the software does not identify the file.

View attachment 850481
try closing and reopening the program. the other thing you could do is download the file again and put the location of the file where the directory to be translated . Sorry my English is not my native language

JumPin

May 14, 2020
try closing and reopening the program. the other thing you could do is download the file again and put the location of the file where the directory to be translated . Sorry my English is not my native language
did not work

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018

View attachment 850481
This happens because you have file extensions in your system hidden. So actually this file has the name google.json.json or something like that.
So please enable showing file extensions in Windows, and you will see the real file name. I give 100% it will not be google.json :) .

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Wanted to try DeepL today, and noticed that they made changes - now when you translate the file, the number of characters is limited dramatically, and they banned me after I uploaded 3 files. :cry:
Looks like this will not work for the tool, DeepL is too limited now.

deepl.png

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Wanted to try DeepL today, and noticed that they made changes - now when you translate the file, the number of characters is limited dramatically, and they banned me after I uploaded 3 files. :cry:
Looks like this will not work for the tool, DeepL is too limited now.

View attachment 851700
Excuse my bad English, but I think it's because of the language because I translated a file from English to Spanish and I didn't have any problems. Did you try a doc file in English?

JumPin

May 14, 2020
This happens because you have file extensions in your system hidden. So actually this file has the name google.json.json or something like that.
So please enable showing file extensions in Windows, and you will see the real file name. I give 100% it will not be google.json :) .
it worked, thanks bro.

JumPin

May 14, 2020
As it reduces the size of the text in the preferences? When I change the language the text becomes very large.

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
As it reduces the size of the text in the preferences? When I change the language the text becomes very large.
Probably it depends on the font, that developer used in the game, or some other RenPy issues, or game settings somewhere in the code. Try asking in this thread.

Excuse my bad English, but I think it's because of the language because I translated a file from English to Spanish and I didn't have any problems. Did you try a doc file in English?
I tried to translate from English to Russian, and after 3 times got banned by IP. Did you try to translate in the past several days?

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Probably it depends on the font, that developer used in the game, or some other RenPy issues, or game settings somewhere in the code. Try asking in this thread.

I tried to translate from English to Russian, and after 3 times got banned by IP. Did you try to translate in the past several days?
if i translated version 13 of foot of the montain on monday. the truth is that it doesn't pass the same way i recognize that version 13 has less than 40000 lines

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
[QUOTE = "v01d_08, post: 4341407, membro: 357768"]
Volevo provare DeepL oggi e ho notato che hanno apportato modifiche: ora quando traduci il file, il numero di caratteri è notevolmente limitato e mi hanno bandito dopo aver caricato 3 file. :cry:
Sembra che questo non funzionerà per lo strumento, DeepL è troppo limitato ora.

View attachment 851700
[/CITAZIONE]
It happened to me too, it's limited time, after 6-8 hours you can do it again and it works. Sorry English is not my native language.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
v01d_08 confirmed only leaves you one document every x amount of time you should see that every few hours allows you to translate complete documents

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes