Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
it should be located in 'preferences' section. If there is no such line, find 'hbox' or 'vbox' or 'frame' and insert next code after it, starting from new line (please note, that the number of spaces is important! see screen below. Tab symbols are not allowed by RenPy, use only spaces. Also change 'Russian' to your language, and the second 'russian' exactly to the name of folder with your translations, case sensitive). But keep in mind, that screens.rpy is unique in every game, so there is no exact scenario, how to modify it. You are responsible for this on your own. The main idea is to insert a block, similar to existing, and add 2 textbuttons.
Following this script screens of my renpy game I am unable to find the right place to introduce the language.
Could someone put it there for me.
The game is in English and my language is Portuguese.
Please put it to me and send it back so I can save it here as a template.
I made with another renpy game and I could even find the lines that are sending find in the model above but in this I do not think where to put.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Online translation
Dude this method of this program needs to be very lucky in life to open a renpy game compatible with it.
I checked all my games that I have renpy here 20 only managed to enter 1 on the screen the language method the other 19 has no way to put because I found nothing referring to what you posted here.
What a waste of time to make a program that can do one or the other in life among hundreds put a translation through the screen system.

• Angry
Reactions: Z10bin

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello, Moricano. Although this is a game translation tool, I can't be responsible for the embedding a translation button into your game. I can just give you general advice on how to do this. You can find them in the first post.
I am very sorry that you think this tool is a waste of time. Please accept my apologies, if this has been true for you.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Hello, @Lucs2206. This error means that online translator did not return answer for some reason, nothing to do with it, just try later. The only thing you can do is to find out why this happened.
What translator did you use, Yandex or Google? What was the volume of translated text? Maybe you've exceeded the limits?
Mine is giving this error there too and is with very small game.
As for the issue of exceeding if you turn off the internet and reconnect the ip address then anything exceeded after a reconnection is back to work but does not continue giving the same meaning that it is not exceeded !!!

McJimbo

Apr 3, 2018
I'd like to thank you. This tool is simply awesome. I have already translated my first game, but unfortunately the game does not have the normal renpy menu and have no idea where I am now inserting the language or can I completely replace it?

Game is Dreams of Desire

English to German

I'm grateful for any help

Thanks

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
Hi McJimbo, this game menu is very tricky because it contains option's background images and menu items with coordinates.

I translated this game a while ago. The solution i found was to give up one menu entry in order to make way for the language option. I had chosen to give up the rollback entry.

I edited for you my screens.rpy and i give it back. It works if the name of your translated folder is "german", otherwise you have to edit the line 662 like this:

action Language("[folder_name]")

I hope i was helpful

Last edited:
Reactions: McJimbo

McJimbo

Apr 3, 2018
Thank you so much for your answer. Just tried it. Now I see the possibility to switch to German, but unfortunately he doesn't let me tick the box.

Any ideas?

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
:unsure: it works for me... i don't understand why...

1579001129057.png

When mouse is over the circle, don't you see it turns blue? And over other options?

Reactions: McJimbo

McJimbo

Apr 3, 2018
Thank you so much Lavoisier! You are my hero of the day! Made a mistake when creating the translation in Renpy. Everything was capitalized. Did the step again.

Now everything works perfectly.

Now I would like to give something back to the community and would like to put the translation online.

Is that allowed or desired?

Of course a big compliment goes to v01d_08 for the tool.
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavoisier
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes