Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
In the print "Step 4" click on "+ Create CREDENTIALS" then "NEW API" then you download the file ".JSON" then rename the file you downloaded to "google" and paste it into the "settings" in the TranslateRenPy tool . remembering that you have to do this with the temporary student account that you did.

slolahmad98

Oct 6, 2020
In the print "Step 4" click on "+ Create CREDENTIALS" then "NEW API" then you download the file ".JSON" then rename the file you downloaded to "google" and paste it into the "settings" in the TranslateRenPy tool . remembering that you have to do this with the temporary student account that you did.
and I know how to do the ".JSON" I did but nothing change.
Maybe that's the way it doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
Cancel it there and select "CLOSE" not "RESTRICT KEY". then just activate the key and download the json and that's it.

slolahmad98

Oct 6, 2020
Cancel it there and select "CLOSE" not "RESTRICT KEY". then just activate the key and download the json and that's it.
Sorry for all these questions. This is the first time in all this . How do you activate? if don't mine.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Just go to and select the project and download the json

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
I don't know, but today I tried to translate the game via Yandex, it was surprisingly possible. It just occurred to me that he was translating less text

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
I don't know, but today I tried to translate the game via Yandex, it was surprisingly possible. It just occurred to me that he was translating less text
It happened to me twice using the Yandex API that I have here, I managed to use it once and it was blocked, the other time I tried it about 30 days later and it worked to translate another game after it was blocked.
I don't know why but the paid Api yandex sometimes works.

• Wow
Reactions: v01d_08

mert081

Mar 9, 2019
v01d_08, can this help you to improve your tool to solve the problem?

Link:

I tested the NyashniyVladya tool and it worked for games made on Ren'Py versions 6.99.14 and newer (does not seem to work on versions before 6.99.14), just follow the instructions in releases:

1. Copy Translator3000.rpa to the "game" folder
2. We started the game at least once to create the json file in the game folder.
3. Open the "_translator3000_setting.json" that appears in the game directory.
4. We changed the parameters to those necessary, replacing the value "null", example:

"directionOfTranslation": null,
"prescan": null,
"gameLanguage": null

FOR:

"directionOfTranslation": "en",
"prescan": false,
"gameLanguage": "jp"

Note: "prescan" changing to "True" will translate all strings, but it will take a long time, but if it is "false" it will translate in real time.

After editing the json, save and start the game that should work.
I hope this helped and if you have to thank someone, don't thank me, thank NyashniyVladya for the tool he made.

And I'm sorry for the google translate, I hope you can understand what I wrote without further problems. :cry:
Hi,
Can't we convert this method to a free json file and make it work with the program in question?

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
It happened to me twice using the Yandex API that I have here, I managed to use it once and it was blocked, the other time I tried it about 30 days later and it worked to translate another game after it was blocked.
I don't know why but the paid Api yandex sometimes works.
Today I managed to translate 3 games via Yandex. But it has a catch! You need 2 keys for one average game! I have about 10 keys, I don't know for how long I can use them again.

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
Today I managed to translate 3 games via Yandex. But it has a catch! You need 2 keys for one average game! I have about 10 keys, I don't know for how long I can use them again.
it seems that we have a loophole that is a mystery because sometimes it works.

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
If you did the tutorial all right the maximum time of 30 minutes has expired. redo the student's account again as soon as possible.

furrry2

Feb 16, 2020
Weird...

I tested it now with Wolf Tails and it work, I tested it with other Ren'Py games and it work, it just didn't work with games made on versions of Ren'Py before version 6.99.14.

Wolf Tails:
View attachment 881423

Nota: He utilizado el idioma español como ejemplo, para otro idioma que no aparece el texto, la fuente de texto del juego tiene que ser cambiada a otra si no tiene los caracteres necesarios del idioma.

Para cambiar el idioma en "gameLanguage" y "directionOfTranslation" ver aquí:
El programa funciona pero la novela visual es lenta para mí, ¿tienes una solución?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
I'm tired of it. Better to buy. and thanks.
No need to buy, just create a normal Google Cloud account and add a credit card to get 1 year of trial of 300 free dollars.

After I enter the translated dialog and start the game, the program gives the following error.
What game did you translate? Did you use online translator? If yes, did you get any errors during translation?
When exactly does this error from screenshot occur?

Last edited:

slolahmad98

Oct 6, 2020
No need to buy, just create a normal Google Cloud account and add a credit card to get 1 year of trial of 300 free dollars.
thanks I will.

What game did you translate? Did you use online translator? If yes, did you get any errors during translation?
When exactly does this error from screenshot occur?

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Now even Google has set the limit of 300$ free (I last 2 months), why not insert free Deepl one month?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes