Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Danphil

Apr 7, 2019
examples:

# ch_l "This is. . . [[bzzzt]- "
ch_l "Это. . . bzzzt] -"

# "This cologne is guaranteed to make women love you more [[+Love]. You have [Inventory_Count] doses left."
"Этот одеколон гарантированно заставит женщин полюбить вас больше + Love]. У вас осталось [] доз."

# game/script Scenes.rpy:4030
old "Give me the key to [GirlX.Name]'s room.[[Owned] (locked)"
new "Дайте мне ключ от комнаты []. В собственности] (заблокировано)"

vip123

May 6, 2019
Hello when I run generate translations it gives the following
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
does anyone know how to solve this problem

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello when I run generate translations it gives the following
does anyone know how to solve this problem
Hello, could you please describe the problem in more details? What game are you translating?
Does the tool gives you any error messages? If yes, how did you react to them?

Ruanmata

Dec 11, 2020
TRADUÇÃO PT_BR !!!!!!!!!!!
Pra quem tiver tentando colocar em Português Brasil.
Só copiar o arquivo e substituir o mesmo. OBS: Fazer os passo a cima ate a parte onde ele pedi para fazer alterações no arquivo, quando ele pedir é só copiar esse arquivo e substituir o mesmo.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I have the following error when passing the translation I don't recognize the error I looked at the file several times and I don't see anything strange.

Code:
19.12.2020 8:57:08:707 Warning ThreadId 1 (Translator.cs, [1]ExportTranslations): Error at line 3. Translated dialogue line can not start from # symbol.
19.12.2020 9:07:20:974 Warning ThreadId 1 (Translator.cs, [1]ExportTranslations): Error at line 3. Translated dialogue line can not start from # symbol.

Ri-UK

Aug 24, 2020
Hello, I use this tool, and it works very well!, my only problem so far has been in a game with voices, where by passing through the API, the translation of some lines becomes like this:
Python:
# game/script.rpy:170
translate PortuguesByRiUK start_c8e6b584:

# voice "voice/sharo0000.ogg"
    # uk_says "“Huh?!”"
    voice "voice/sharo0000.ogg"
    uk_says "voice/sharo0000.ogg"
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Last edited:

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
I have the following error when passing the translation I don't recognize the error I looked at the file several times and I don't see anything strange.
edit it, try to play it. it happened to me several times that it wrote me a mistake in special symbols, in the end I played the game without any problems

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello, I use this tool, and it works very well!, my only problem so far has been in a game with voices, where by passing through the API, the translation of some lines becomes like this:
Python:
# game/script.rpy:170
translate PortuguesByRiUK start_c8e6b584:

# voice "voice/sharo0000.ogg"
    # uk_says "“Huh?!”"
    voice "voice/sharo0000.ogg"
    uk_says "voice/sharo0000.ogg"
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Hello, I didn't know about voices in RenPy games. Does the voice line always starts from "voice" word ?
If yes, I can try to ignore it and the line after it in my tool, so it will not affect voice lines.

Last edited:

Ri-UK

Aug 24, 2020
Hello, I didn't know about voices in RenPy games. Does the voice line always starts from "voice" word ?
If yes, I can try to ignore it and the line after it in my tool, so it will not affect voice lines.
Yes, voice lines always start with the "voice" word, here is an example of the game code:

Python:
voice "voice/sharo0004.ogg"

uk_says "“Yes, it was. I might be lost since I'm not used to this world, but you're the one who ran into me.”"

pc_says "“Huh...?”"

voice "voice/sharo0005.ogg"

uk_says "“You weren't looking, just rushing ahead.”"

pc_says "“I-I wasn't...”"

and the translation generated by ren'py, becomes so:

Python:
# game/script.rpy:300
translate PortuguesByRiUK start_8f279b6d:

# voice "voice/sharo0004.ogg"
    # uk_says "“Yes, it was. I might be lost since I'm not used to this world, but you're the one who ran into me.”"
    voice "voice/sharo0004.ogg"
    uk_says ""

# game/script.rpy:306
translate PortuguesByRiUK start_026d1942:

# pc_says "“Huh...?”"
    pc_says ""

# game/script.rpy:310
translate PortuguesByRiUK start_435f7a12:

# voice "voice/sharo0005.ogg"
    # uk_says "“You weren't looking, just rushing ahead.”"
    voice "voice/sharo0005.ogg"
    uk_says ""

# game/script.rpy:316
translate PortuguesByRiUK start_f59f89ad:

# pc_says "“I-I wasn't...”"
    pc_says ""

Last edited:
Reactions: v01d_08

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Ok, then I definitely have to handle dialogues with voice in my tool, and translate only text part, not the one starting from "voice" keyword. Thanks for reporting it, will take a look when I have some free time.

Reactions: Ri-UK

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Hey guys so i'm translating a game but I have an issue while translating choices scenes.
I mean I can translate the choices in the .rpy file but when Im checking in game choices dont
appear as translated.

I cant upload the screenshot on F95 smh so here is an alt link

As you can see on the screen, any line above the "translate french strings" part is successfuly
translated in game but the lines below isn't. I tried to delete this "translate french strings" part
and/or to delete blank spaces before "#game..." but it still won't work

Any help would be nice

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hey guys so i'm translating a game but I have an issue while translating choices scenes.
I mean I can translate the choices in the .rpy file but when Im checking in game choices dont
appear as translated.

I cant upload the screenshot on F95 smh so here is an alt link

As you can see on the screen, any line above the "translate french strings" part is successfuly
translated in game but the lines below isn't. I tried to delete this "translate french strings" part
and/or to delete blank spaces before "#game..." but it still won't work

Any help would be nice
Hello, please provide more details. What game do you translate (link). What languagues and online translator do you choose? Do you get any error messages from the tool?
Would you be so kind to say what is wrong in other words, I didn't quite get what is the issue. And what are the "choices scenes" ?

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Hi v01d_08 thanks for your help.
Im trying to translate Light of my Life by naughtyroad from english to french.
I used the RenPy engine + Unret bat and Im doing a manual translation. So far
i aint got no error messages

Here is what I mean by choice scene (1st attached picture)
The second picture is after the 1st choice, the text is successfully translated
while the choices are still in english, even though it's translated in the
.rpy file

I hope it makes more sense now?
edit: I noticed choices in the .rpy file are listed at the very bottom of the file,
right after this line: translate french strings

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hi v01d_08 thanks for your help.
Im trying to translate Light of my Life by naughtyroad from english to french.
I used the RenPy engine + Unret bat and Im doing a manual translation. So far
i aint got no error messages

Here is what I mean by choice scene (1st attached picture)
The second picture is after the 1st choice, the text is successfully translated
while the choices are still in english, even though it's translated in the
.rpy file

I hope it makes more sense now?
edit: I noticed choices in the .rpy file are listed at the very bottom of the file,
right after this line: translate french strings
After an investigation I came to a point that this is a possible bug in RenPy SDK. When you click "Generate translations" there, it creates a new game/tl/lang_name folder, and generates dialogues with emty translations. Then for each line it generates a label, like this:

Code:
# game/story/prologue/scenes/pro_s02.rpy:358
translate French pro_s02_44ce1024:

# char "Well, that is definitely not appropriate."
    char ""
See, the label for this translations line is pro_s02_44ce1024. But for choice scenes it does not create it, all choice dialoges are moved to the end of the file, and even if you translate them manually (even without using my tool, just edit the .rpa file), the game will not recognize that translation for this line exists, becouse there is no label. So I think this is the reason why you can't translate it.
Ofcource there is always a chance that something wrong with the game itself, for example I managed to generate translations only from the third time, after I firstly launched the game several times. But sorry mate, I can't help you here.

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Damn thats too bad
So the issue would come from these rng numbers created on each
line of dialogs except for choices?

Thanks anyway, maybe it will get fixed with an update of RenPy SDK someday.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Damn thats too bad
So the issue would come from these rng numbers created on each
line of dialogs except for choices?

Thanks anyway, maybe it will get fixed with an update of RenPy SDK someday.
I think yes, for some reason the RenPy SDK does not generate this labels to connect translation dialogue with the original one in default language. I tried to google the solution but found nothing.
Just to be sure, you can try to find another game with choice scenes and try how the translations are generated there.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Version 0.07 fix 7

Fixed issue when some broken tags were skipped after translation. See this post for details.
Archive with a new fix attached to the first post. I will leave the archive with a previous version also, just for stability reasons.

Fix of dialogues with voice is a bit more complicated, will do it next time when I have a free evening.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes