Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
I'm getting this error, does anyone know how to solve it?
Looks like something wrong with your google.json file, or maybe firewall/Windows UAC is blocking the connection. Better check both cases.
In other words the languages request is the first that the tool is making, and it instantly failed. The issue is on your side with the connection or with the google API settings file itself.

slayer45226

May 7, 2020
I get such an error when opening the application. Is there anyone who can help?

"02.03.2021 23:17:33:043 Error ThreadId 1 (Utils.cs, [1]Log): System.InvalidOperationException Pencere işleyicisi oluşturuluncaya kadar denetim üzerinde Invoke veya BeginInvoke çağrılamaz.
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)"

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
I get such an error when opening the application. Is there anyone who can help?

"02.03.2021 23:17:33:043 Error ThreadId 1 (Utils.cs, [1]Log): System.InvalidOperationException Pencere işleyicisi oluşturuluncaya kadar denetim üzerinde Invoke veya BeginInvoke çağrılamaz.
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)"
Sorry to head that. Could you please attach here a file Log.txt, after you get this error?

Rizio80

Mar 7, 2021
Hmm, maybe I'm having a stupid moment or something but if I try to use this tool to go from Russian to English, it will just put Russian in there. Won't even attempt to translate the line, however if I try English to Russian it seems to work just fine.
For example... using ru-en and my api key.
Code:
    old "Поиграем с соском"
    new "Поиграем с соском"
Come posso fare per tradurre file apk?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
ciao, come posso tradurre un gioco apk in un'altra lingua?
Hello, try to read the first post before posting questions here and there :) This tool is only for Windows system, so it helps to translate only Windows games, not Android.

Lucas979

Oct 13, 2018
Hello, try to read the first post before posting questions here and there :) This tool is only for Windows system, so it helps to translate only Windows games, not Android.
buddy, is there a way to get these files working?
I can never get the translation to start, the program always gets stuck before starting, I leave you the files so you can try it and see the cause of this problem, I hope you can help me, I really would like to translate that VN.
Thanks!
psd: I'll leave you the .log file just in case it helps you too

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
buddy, is there a way to get these files working?
I can never get the translation to start, the program always gets stuck before starting, I leave you the files so you can try it and see the cause of this problem, I hope you can help me, I really would like to translate that VN.
Thanks!
psd: I'll leave you the .log file just in case it helps you too
Hello, what I see from error log is that you didn't setup the file google.json correctly, or you didn't setup your Google Cloud accoutn correctly. So the Google returns an error when the tool tries to login with your Google credentials:
Code:
Google.Apis.Auth.OAuth2.Responses.TokenResponseException Error:"invalid_grant", Description:"Invalid grant: account not found", Uri:""
Please double check the instructions on how to setup the Cloud API account.

Lucas979

Oct 13, 2018
Hello, what I see from error log is that you didn't setup the file google.json correctly, or you didn't setup your Google Cloud accoutn correctly. So the Google returns an error when the tool tries to login with your Google credentials:
Code:
Google.Apis.Auth.OAuth2.Responses.TokenResponseException Error:"invalid_grant", Description:"Invalid grant: account not found", Uri:""
Please double check the instructions on how to setup the Cloud API account.
That is not the problem, I have been able to successfully translate other VNs, but of all that is the only one that can never start, can you check it yourself?
That log file that I gave you is not the correct one, that error was from when I had to include the new .json file to work.

Reactions: v01d_08

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Version 0.08
  • Fixed crash on program start, when main window was not fully created yet. Thanks to slayer45226 for a bug-report.
  • Fixed program hang-up, when one of the dialogue lines length exceeded the maximum length of Google request. Thanks to Lucas979 for a bug-report. In this rare case the line will not be translated.
  • Removed Yandex from main window.
  • Updated the Translate.API.pdf file, removed Yandex instructions, updated Google info.
Please redownload archive with a new version from the first post. And as always, I left the archive with a previous version for stability reasons.

Also one of the members reported that he has an error during game translation. It is hard to find the exact reason, and I continue to investigate it, but at least I've added a new question to Q&A section in the first post, that covers some cases why this can happen. Let me duplicate it here:
Q: I can't translate the game, the tool gives me error "Translation failed. API returned empty result".

A: There can be several reasons: first, you have no credit left on your Google Cloud account. Second, you did not setup the limits in you Cloud account, open file Translate.API.pdf and read about "V2 and v3 Characters per 100 seconds" limit. Third, there could be issues on Google Cloud side, go to and check "Google Cloud Networking" line in the table.

Hoangng

Jul 27, 2019
hey guys, i use Unren on game A town uncoverd but i don't see where is files which need to translate?
Someone can help me

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
hey guys, i use Unren on game A town uncoverd but i don't see where is files which need to translate?
Someone can help me
Hey, did you generate translations using RenPy SDK, as was mentioned in the instruction from the first post?
After all done, go to the directory with you game, navigate to 'game' folder, and remove all files starting with 'UnRen'.
Now execute RenPy engine from sdk folder, select your project and press Generate Translations. Type your language name and select 'Generate empty strings'. Press Generate Translations, like on screen below. Navigate to YouGameFolder\game\tl, and there you should see a folder, which name you typed when generation translations on previous step.

AdemYurt

Feb 20, 2021
Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Thank so much for this application really....

But i have sometimes this error , and so much dialogues could not translate...how i can fix this problem ?

jingdong4442

Mar 31, 2021
I'm very sorry to disturb you,because of the limitations of my country,
I can't apply Google Cloud Translation API !
Can it be replaced by API else?
The API I applied for was only given to me Account and key!There is also an translate API HTTP address !
How should I use this application ?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Thank so much for this application really....

But i have sometimes this error , and so much dialogues could not translate...how i can fix this problem ?
Unfortunately Google broke tags durring translation from one language to another. Looks like your game contains a lot of them. You can play like this, you'll just have 1575 dialogues untranslated. Or you can translate them by hands if you want to.

I'm very sorry to disturb you,because of the limitations of my country,
I can't apply Google Cloud Translation API !
Can it be replaced by API else?
The API I applied for was only given to me Account and key!There is also an translate API HTTP address !
How should I use this application ?
Hello, you need a Google Cloud account to use this tool for online translation. This is the only way, if you want to translate manually, you can just export dialogues and follow the instruction for the manual translation from the first post.

Reactions: AdemYurt

AdemYurt

Feb 20, 2021
Unfortunately Google broke tags durring translation from one language to another. Looks like your game contains a lot of them. You can play like this, you'll just have 1575 dialogues untranslated. Or you can translate them by hands if you want to.

Hello, you need a Google Cloud account to use this tool for online translation. This is the only way, if you want to translate manually, you can just export dialogues and follow the instruction for the manual translation from the first post.
Okay,i get it thanks for answer :) , have a nice day......

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
how can I unzip and edit rpyc files? because I am translating a game but I have left some things to translate that are inside that file.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes