Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I am trying to unzip the game University_of_Problems-0.4.0-Basic-pc and then translate it to spanish, I follow the RenPy Translation tool tutorial.Unren option 1 and then 2, so far no problems now when I go to the next step which is to create the translation with renpy generates me the Spanish folder but only with the common files.

Lucas979

Oct 13, 2018
friend I have a query, there are VNs that have audio dialogues, and when trying to create the translation files for renpy translator tool only the "dialogs" of audio names are put and not the texts, is there a way to solve it?
I add an example.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
friend I have a query, there are VNs that have audio dialogues, and when trying to create the translation files for renpy translator tool only the "dialogs" of audio names are put and not the texts, is there a way to solve it?
I add an example.
Hello, I am sorry but currently voice dialogues are not supported. I have a plan to add it in future, but I'm too busy at work.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello. Has anyone encountered such a problem (attached). Regardless of whether the translation is done by yandex or google. Please help.
Thank you.
Hello, Yandex API no longer works, and removed in newer versions of the tool (v0.08). Use google.
As for the "Empty result" error, there is an answer in Q&A section in the first post.

Kadal Emas

Sep 5, 2018
Hello, I've tried to translate and it works when I open it on the computer. but when I open it via the joiplay android application. no translation results. anyone have a solution?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello, I've tried to translate and it works when I open it on the computer. but when I open it via the joiplay android application. no translation results. anyone have a solution?
Hello, my tool just automates the translation. Here is a Joiplay thread. I recomend you to read their first post, and make a search in that thread, maybe your question already has an answer. If not, try asking people there.

Div666

May 19, 2018
Hey brother, now new users of Google API have only three months to use, which has been greatly reduced compared to the one-year free that you have been emphasizing before. it will be a pity for this cool software if we can't open up more translation API. {T_TNWZ2~9IZOJR2(~[C45V.png

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hey brother, now new users of Google API have only three months to use, which has been greatly reduced compared to the one-year free that you have been emphasizing before. it will be a pity for this cool software if we can't open up more translation API.
Hello, yes, I guess I've mentioned it in a document with instructions, attached to the first post. Anyway, we don't have much choice except of Google, if we want it for free.

obrigado pelo artigo me ajudou bastante a entender como funciona as traducoes
You are welcome.

Reactions: eleniltons

Div666

May 19, 2018
Hello, yes, I guess I've mentioned it in a document with instructions, attached to the first post. Anyway, we don't have much choice except of Google, if we want it for free.
What is the technical difficulty? Or will there be an extra charge? Because the api provided by Baidu and LingoCloud is free, or there is a lot of quota.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
What is the technical difficulty? Or will there be an extra charge? Because the api provided by Baidu and LingoCloud is free, or there is a lot of quota.
There is no online translator that provides same amount of free characters and period of time, as Google does.
I know nothing about Baidu and LingoCloud, as far as I see everything in Chinese there. Do they have english pages describign their API and quotas?

Div666

May 19, 2018
There is no online translator that provides same amount of free characters and period of time, as Google does.
I know nothing about Baidu and LingoCloud, as far as I see everything in Chinese there. Do they have english pages describign their API and quotas?
Here are the details of the charges for LingoCloud, which you can translate into your language using Google browser:

The following is the original text:
Apply for an access token
  • Please send email to api@caiyunapp.com to apply for an access token. Please tell us what you want to do with our translation API? We'll write back and send a token to you.
  • Please change the title of the message to "apply for access token of LingoCloud API" and provide the following information: name, cell phone number, usage, etc.
  • 100,000 words per month are free of charge, and if you exceed one million words per month, we will charge you at a rate of 20 RMB per million words. (words are calculated in accordance with the original characters and contain spaces and punctuation)

This is Baidu's free quota announcement:
This is a partial screenshot of my machine:
1625475477909.png
Although the quota is not as large as that provided by Google, there are other ways to solve it, such as finding an account with a large quota of 50,000 times, or signing up for multiple accounts. But there are no stringent requirements for Google to bind credit cards.

Reactions: v01d_08

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Div666, thank you for this information. If LinguoCloud has manual approval system and only 100k words per month, probably people won't be able to create multiple accounts each time they need to translate a new game.

As for Baidu, the screenshoot and link you have provided is for text recognition. And what we need is called transalation, this is defferent technologies. Recognition is when you have an image and you want to recognize letters from it as a text.
But seems I found the . They promise unlimited number of requests, this is interesting. I tried , the quality of translation for non-chineese languages could be better, I'd say it is 3.5 of 5, but this is free of charge.
Unfortunetly I don't have time to investigate it right now and try requests, but this seems interesting anyway, I'll keep it in mind, can't promise the exact date, but I will try it when I can. Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Reactions: EnlyZ

Div666

May 19, 2018
Div666, thank you for this information. If LinguoCloud has manual approval system and only 100k words per month, probably people won't be able to create multiple accounts each time they need to translate a new game.

As for Baidu, the screenshoot and link you have provided is for text recognition. And what we need is called transalation, this is defferent technologies. Recognition is when you have an image and you want to recognize letters from it as a text.
But seems I found the . They promise unlimited number of requests, this is interesting. I tried , the quality of translation for non-chineese languages could be better, I'd say it is 3.5 of 5, but this is free of charge.
Unfortunetly I don't have time to investigate it right now and try requests, but this seems interesting anyway, I'll keep it in mind, can't promise the exact date, but I will try it when I can. Thanks for sharing this info with us.
After your reminder, I found that I did get something mixed up, because I had been paying attention to some of the technologies of QCR, which made my mind a little confused.
I took a fresh look, as you said, the standard version of Baidu API interface does seem to be free——

About linguocloud, it does charge, but it's not 100000 per month, but 1 million per month. You can confirm it again.
As shown in the figure:
QQ图片20210708181956.png

Finally, thank you for your serious consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: v01d_08

Jun 7, 2021
I'm a fan of China and I'm looking forward to supporting Chinese translation. Thank you for your efforts

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
I'm a fan of China and I'm looking forward to supporting Chinese translation. Thank you for your efforts
Hello, Chinese translation in my tool is already available via Google, feel free to try, instructions are in the first post.

zombie94

Jun 19, 2021
Hello friends, can you help me? I translated the game, I did everything as it was, but I have a problem that when I add the language button in the preferences, my translated language is deactivated, please, what can I do ????

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hello friends, can you help me? I translated the game, I did everything as it was, but I have a problem that when I add the language button in the preferences, my translated language is deactivated, please, what can I do ????
Most probably you didn't write the action Language("yourlanguage") correctly, as "yourlanguage" must be identical to what you told Renpy SDK when generating thee translation files. But it's impossible to know what's wrong unless you upload your screens.rpy and maybe one of your translated scripts

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes