Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Lucs2206

Sep 1, 2019
Tyy

I created another Yandex account and got another key, it worked again,every time it stops working, just create another Yandex account and key, it works again.

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
Tyy

I created another Yandex account and got another key, it worked again,every time it stops working, just create another Yandex account and key, it works again.
maybe it's easier to wait 24 hours? Do you translate the game or "War and Peace"(Lev Tolstoy)?
or are you going to translate the entire library of games on renpy for a week into your language?

Reactions: Lucs2206

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
From
Yandex reserves the right to set any limits and restrictions, including but not limited to those stated below:
the volume of the text translated: 1,000,000 characters per day but not more than 10,000,000 per month.

Google has 10M per day, maybe worth a try.

Reactions: Leo... and Lucs2206

Lucs2206

Sep 1, 2019
maybe it's easier to wait 24 hours? Do you translate the game or "War and Peace"(Lev Tolstoy)?
or are you going to translate the entire library of games on renpy for a week into your language?

I translated about 8 games for my language, I prefer translator soon a lot, than go playing and when finish translating another

Reactions: v01d_08

Lucs2206

Sep 1, 2019
From
Yandex reserves the right to set any limits and restrictions, including but not limited to those stated below:
the volume of the text translated: 1,000,000 characters per day but not more than 10,000,000 per month.

Google has 10M per day, maybe worth a try.

Tyy

yhj3388

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Can you add pure dialog import and export function, so that people from different countries can take advantage of the exported conversation TXT third party automatic translation, instead of only Google and yandx, I wonder if my request is effective!

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Can you add pure dialog import and export function, so that people from different countries can take advantage of the exported conversation TXT third party automatic translation, instead of only Google and yandx, I wonder if my request is effective!
What do you mean under the "pure dialog import and export function"? Take a look at translations.txt file, it contains imported dialogues.

Bers123

Sep 5, 2018
The first time I used it, it worked, but then I tried again in the same game and in others too, it gives this error View attachment 450850
I also have this problem, and I already tried to create a new account with a new API but I still don't have a solution. I have 2083 dialogs and 101889 characters, does anyone tell me how to fix it?

Leo...

Donor
Oct 7, 2019
I also have this problem, and I already tried to create a new account with a new API but I still don't have a solution. I have 2083 dialogs and 101889 characters, does anyone tell me how to fix it?
Which translator did you use, Yandex or Google?
try creating a new api wait a few minutes and try translating again.
I just used the tool with Yandex api and it is perfect.

Reactions: v01d_08

Bers123

Sep 5, 2018
Which translator did you use, Yandex or Google?
try creating a new api wait a few minutes and try translating again.
I just used the tool with Yandex api and it is perfect.
I use Yandex, I keep trying and nothing.

Leo...

Donor
Oct 7, 2019
I use Yandex, I keep trying and nothing.
try sending an image of your renpy tool
use this api
trnsl.1.1.20191116T195652Z.8cae12f789fbe964.65f9a37292454f8ea17bc23a3d3bd1b4c4921f14
I just used it and it works, if it doesn't work you must be doing something wrong

Bers123

Sep 5, 2018
try sending an image of your renpy tool
use this api
trnsl.1.1.20191116T195652Z.8cae12f789fbe964.65f9a37292454f8ea17bc23a3d3bd1b4c4921f14
I just used it and it works, if it doesn't work you must be doing something wrong
I figured it out, I was misplacing the language to translate.

Reactions: Leo...

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
First of all, I would like to thank and congratulate for this amazing program, the only tool that allows to enjoy renpys in our own language! (y)

PROBLEM: game updates :eek:

I'm posting this reply to discuss about "issues" coming from new versions of translated games. I would like to share my personal "solution" and ask if everybody else got same issues, specially using the built in renpy updating method.

I just recently had to update Milfy City from 0.6c to 0.6d. Using renpy procedure (so extraction from old version >> merge to new version) a very small part of the old one was joined to the new one. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or if that's typical. Comparing a "merged translations.txt" with a "not merged translations.txt" it results that the first one is just only 2-3% smaller than the second one! Almost entirely dialogues must be translated again.
Who has already translated games know how many corrections are requested, even using automatic translators (furthermore the google credit goes down!)
Not to mention manually translating... it becomes more frustrating than it is.

SOLUTION
Maybe there's a better and smarter solution, but this is what I found.
I am not a programmer but i have a little bit of experience in VBA so i thought that excel can compare old and new translation files line by line. Assuming that every "original language" line can be always translated the same, wherever it is, the old version can be a kind of source for automatic translator.
The excel workbook i made can generate a translations.txt containing already translated old dialogues.
In txt new dialogues (not yet translated) will be AFTER old dialogues.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- After opening file allow macros (if it ask you)
- Browse for the old translation folder [main game folder]\game\tl\[your lang] (same folder needed in translation tool)
- Browse for the new translation folder
- Browse for the translation tool folder (it just needed to put translations.txt in the correct folder)
Pay attention: if translations.txt already exists it will be overwritten
-
Press START and wait for finish (it take a while)

It should be compatible from excel version 2007 but i can't guaantee.

For game above, this method was able to translate about 97-98 % of new text.

I hope it can be useful to someone, and if it not... it's all the same! I accept your suggestions! ;)

Bye

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hi, Lavoisier, I appreciate your feedback and the fact that you're using my tool.

Help me understand what do you mean. You had version 0.6c with translations. Then the original game was updated to 0.6d. Please explain, how did you merge them?

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
Hi v01d_08,

following the documentation instructions at

on how to merge versions I have not been able to obtain appreciable results.

The excel file linked above has this structure in broad terms:

OLD VERSION COLUMN | NEW VERSION COLUMN | COMPARING COLUMN

The VBA code running under the macro does this:

- it extracts all dialogues from all .rpy translation files (of old version) copying them in the first column (it has same format of your txt file: file address and line number, original dialog line, translation dialog line, empty line). But unlike your tool it also extracts already translated dialogues.

- it does the same with the new version (so now it is identical to yours because without translated) copying them in second column.

- for every "original dialog line" in second column it searches if the latter exists in the first column and that's it...
every single dialog of new version will be:

# [address] #[line number]
# [original sentence]
{if it exists} [old translated sentence] {else} [empty sentence for translating]

Now it copies all dialogs creating translations.txt file, first those translated, then those not translated

...and then your excellent tool does everything else and finishes the job!

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Oh, now I get it. I thought that somewhere in my tool there is a mistake, and something is not working very well. But if everything is okay, then I'm glad. I think it's worth adding a link to your manual in the first post, maybe someone will need it. So I updated Q&A section.

And what if you just copy a folder with translations from 0.6c to 0.6d and then generate empty translations again for 0.6d in RenPy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavoisier

Lavoisier

May 14, 2018
Everything is ok in your tool (y)

I'm very honored of the link in the first post! I hope it can be helpful

Leo...

Donor
Oct 7, 2019
First of all, I would like to thank and congratulate for this amazing program, the only tool that allows to enjoy renpys in our own language! (y)

PROBLEM: game updates :eek:

I'm posting this reply to discuss about "issues" coming from new versions of translated games. I would like to share my personal "solution" and ask if everybody else got same issues, specially using the built in renpy updating method.

I just recently had to update Milfy City from 0.6c to 0.6d. Using renpy procedure (so extraction from old version >> merge to new version) a very small part of the old one was joined to the new one. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or if that's typical. Comparing a "merged translations.txt" with a "not merged translations.txt" it results that the first one is just only 2-3% smaller than the second one! Almost entirely dialogues must be translated again.
Who has already translated games know how many corrections are requested, even using automatic translators (furthermore the google credit goes down!)
Not to mention manually translating... it becomes more frustrating than it is.

SOLUTION
Maybe there's a better and smarter solution, but this is what I found.
I am not a programmer but i have a little bit of experience in VBA so i thought that excel can compare old and new translation files line by line. Assuming that every "original language" line can be always translated the same, wherever it is, the old version can be a kind of source for automatic translator.
The excel workbook i made can generate a translations.txt containing already translated old dialogues.
In txt new dialogues (not yet translated) will be AFTER old dialogues.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- After opening file allow macros (if it ask you)
- Browse for the old translation folder [main game folder]\game\tl\[your lang] (same folder needed in translation tool)
- Browse for the new translation folder
- Browse for the translation tool folder (it just needed to put translations.txt in the correct folder)
Pay attention: if translations.txt already exists it will be overwritten
-
Press START and wait for finish (it take a while)

It should be compatible from excel version 2007 but i can't guaantee.

For game above, this method was able to translate about 97-98 % of new text.

I hope it can be useful to someone, and if it not... it's all the same! I accept your suggestions! ;)

Bye
Wow, thank you so much, I really needed this.

Reactions: Lavoisier
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes