Tool Ren'Py Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.4

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Hi, ive been trying 2.6.3 in some games recently and quite a few give this error "
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/y_outline.rpy", line 1110: keyword argument 'xpos' is incompatible with 'xalign'.
    xpos gui.dialogue_xpos
        ^
I dont remember happening in any game a few months ago.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hi, ive been trying 2.6.3 in some games recently and quite a few give this error "
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/y_outline.rpy", line 1110: keyword argument 'xpos' is incompatible with 'xalign'.
    xpos gui.dialogue_xpos
        ^
I dont remember happening in any game a few months ago.
Thanks!
That part of the code was actually copied from the RenPy default input screen code back in 2020 :LOL: to replace the customized one in Just Another Bubble by SuperWriter. And the code in the v8.1.1 of Ren'Py is still the same.
renpy.org is down for the moment, so I can't check what the newest version actually is.

Could you please specify, in which games that error pops up, so I could maybe take a look?

In the meantime, you can just delete that line or the whole section in the y_outline.rpy
It won't matter in any other games than Just Another Bubble anyway (I don't even remember that game any more).

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
When using v2.6.3 with Midnights Paradise Is it possible to remove the grey background on the MC namebox? Everything goes except the MC grey background. Thanks.

I was able to resolve this issue by removing the textbox background call seen in " variables_anim_chars.rpy "
character.mc = Character("[mc.name]", namebox_background="#606060")
You may wish to update your version to to include the code
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty

Vinit5467

Sep 9, 2023
v2.4.9
- Override for the thin font in "A New Home" [Envixer] (v0.7) added
- Redesigned in-game UI to be less intrusive, smaller and more transparent in Babysitter [T4bbo] (v0.1.4)
Most extensive changes for a single game in this patch so far. Details in the comments of the conf file.
A sample of the changes:
original and patched

Demnor

Apr 12, 2020
I tried your patch on My Bimbo Dream and got an error message. Using JustJane's suggestion above seems to have solved the issue though.

Really great patch by the way, I've used it lots. Thanks for making it.

DomKaty89

Dec 19, 2022
Woah! Ariana Grande in F95zone?! Naah, that can't be real. :confounded:

How do you get on it you are it (Ariana Grande)?

Fla24xxx

Oct 21, 2021
It doesn't seem to work on College Bound

Edit: scratch that, it's working fine, pretty good

Last edited:

YoRHa_A2

Aug 6, 2017
TY for this amazing mod.
If you can share some of your knowledge, is there a way to add more options in the quick menu? for example restore the Hide, Quick Save, Quick Load buttons for games that removes it? Also, a custom button for accessing the console?

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
When using this mod with Banking on Bella, the quickmenu also disappears. This is the only game I've encountered where this happens. Is there any way around this?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Sorry for not following my own thread for a long time.

I just posted a small update (v2.6.4) to the transparency patch, mostly to address the issue of crashing Ren'Py v8-based games.
I actually fixed the problem quite a while back but had no time to post it then and forgot about it later. Sorry!

There's not much anything else new in there.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Sorry for not following my own thread for a long time.

I just posted a small update (v2.6.4) to the transparency patch, mostly to address the issue of crashing Ren'Py v8-based games.
I actually fixed the problem quite a while back but had no time to post it then and forgot about it later. Sorry!

There's not much anything else new in there.
Thanks for the update.

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
Any chance you could automatically change the dialogue to be white with a black border so we can see the text regardless of what the dev uses? I've noticed that most of the time when the devs don't have transparency settings, they also don't have a font color that can be seen properly in a transparent text box.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

Edrick23

Dec 27, 2018
Any chance you could automatically change the dialogue to be white with a black border so we can see the text regardless of what the dev uses? I've noticed that most of the time when the devs don't have transparency settings, they also don't have a font color that can be seen properly in a transparent text box.
Yeah, you can do that. penfold-mole mentioned it somewhere.
Something like that (doesn't work every time) :

Reactions: illogicallity

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
Please tell me if it is possible to make the text outline thicker?

1.png
it just hurts my eyes afterwards.

game "Welcum to the City"
Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.4

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes