Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Confirmed that neither sleepover scene shows the flashing now for me with 0.1.02.
Perfect :D The difference was that the locker room scene actually has one video at the end with the white bar edited in. The other 2 scenes were just loops with a screen over the top that plays the white bar. So basically 2 videos playing at once. I think the alpha layer on the white bar video was bugging out, so I just edited it directly into the videos for the sleepover scenes. I'll do that going forward. It adds a little bit of extra file size, but oh well. Thanks for testing.

Reactions: Tiur

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
It's very unlikely that It'll happen since I personally hate those tags, and I know most others do too.
The only way it happens is if the game gets popular and I get a majority of my patrons that want it, and even then I'll make it super easy to avoid entirely. I understand your concerns though.
Ok i don't wanna sound like i'm lecturing you on how to develop your game, in fact i want the opposite of that, so take this as friendly advice. Do not start with taking polls and stuff on what content should be next in the game, ppl liked this first release and this was purely your vision for the game and you should stick with it. If you're making something that you don't like yourself it will always reflect in the final quality of the product and it always ends badly. Sure you can make some special content for your patreons like special renders, outfits or you could even make something outside of the main story, as long as it's not cannon ppl can just ignore it if they don't wanna see it but just stick with your vision for the game itself.

I've just updated the game to v0.1.02 which will hopefully fix the flashing issue in the sleepover scenes. (I don't actually have a way to test it since I didn't get that issue before, so if you play this version, please let me know if it fixed it.)

I've only updated the mega and Gdrive links so far.
Nice, good to see ur willing to put in the effort to fix any problems ppl come across, i'll try it out when i'm back on my desktop (y)

Reactions: Boogie

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Ok i don't wanna sound like i'm lecturing you on how to develop your game, in fact i want the opposite of that, so take this as friendly advice. Do not start with taking polls and stuff on what content should be next in the game, ppl liked this first release and this was purely your vision for the game and you should stick with it. If you're making something that you don't like yourself it will always reflect in the final quality of the product and it always ends badly. Sure you can make some special content for your patreons like special renders, outfits or you could even make something outside of the main story, as long as it's not cannon ppl can just ignore it if they don't wanna see it but just stick with your vision for the game itself.
I take it as friendly advice ;) You're completely right. I never intended to actually do like a "What content do you want to see" poll as such, it's more just if people started requesting it. But now it's an absolute no for the reasons you describe. I will probably do a poll at some point later in development regarding favourite characters etc, but it's more just for my own info. It probably won't dictate what I work on.

So far I've got stuff planned for all of them and once the player reaches the academy and gets into the swing of things, I intend each release to have something for all the characters rather than focusing on one at a time. I hate it when you're following something, and there's an update and it's the "Character I don't care about" story update. I don't wanna do that to people.

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
I take it as friendly advice ;) You're completely right. I never intended to actually do like a "What content do you want to see" poll as such, it's more just if people started requesting it. But now it's an absolute no for the reasons you describe. I will probably do a poll at some point later in development regarding favourite characters etc, but it's more just for my own info. It probably won't dictate what I work on.

So far I've got stuff planned for all of them and once the player reaches the academy and gets into the swing of things, I intend each release to have something for all the characters rather than focusing on one at a time. I hate it when you're following something, and there's an update and it's the "Character I don't care about" story update. I don't wanna do that to people.
Offcourse i don't mean you can't do polls and stuff, player feedback is also important, i'm just trying to say don't let others decide for you how to make your game. And honestly ppl requesting that is very unlikely, the supporters you'll get follow you cause they like what you're doing so if your game doesn't feature NTR as an example the chances of getting a crowd of ppl asking to add NTR are probably pretty slim so i wouldn't worry about that and just keep doing your thing

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Just hit the Cassie intro and I guess Riley has the ability to materialize clothes? Cause she leaves the room in her panties and returns wearing the denim shorts she never got from the MC. Firmly agree with Cassie on the freckle issue too.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Just hit the Cassie intro and I guess Riley has the ability to materialize clothes? Cause she leaves the room in her panties and returns wearing the denim shorts she never got from the MC. Firmly agree with Cassie on the freckle issue too.
Ahaha, I'd forgotten about that XD I didn't think anyone would notice, but I guess I should've known better..

• Haha
Reactions: Cernunnos.

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
Just tried the new version on my desktop and can also confirm the animation runs without a hitch now (y)
I guess now the waiting game for the next release can begin ;)

evyleu

Oct 24, 2021
It's very unlikely that It'll happen since I personally hate those tags, and I know most others do too.
The only way it happens is if the game gets popular and I get a majority of my patrons that want it, and even then I'll make it super easy to avoid entirely. I understand your concerns though.
No no, never sell yourself for money, if you want NTR do it, if you don't want NTR don't do it, but never sell your ideas for patreons money. Good luck.

Reactions: battali0n and RogMR

duden90

Sep 8, 2020
I look forward to your future releases and hope all is well with you. What do you think the timeline is on release dates, monthly?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I look forward to your future releases and hope all is well with you. What do you think the timeline is on release dates, monthly?
It's hard to say. I have a full time job on top of this so I don't think I'll be making promises regarding the dates. As fast as I can make it at the quality I want really. I might be able to get a better estimate after the next release.

For this initial release, I had to learn renpy, after effects, and all that from scratch and then build some of the underlying systems like the phone. After all that I got started on content. I started this release in mid January. Since all that is already done, I'm thinking I should be able to get releases out a lot faster, but I don't like to make promises unless I know I can keep them.

Technically, I only post the public versions here as well. Though I'm sure the patreon only versions will find their way here somehow. I can't do anything about that and I don't intend to. I just won't post them myself because that would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to anyone who's paying for them.

duden90

Sep 8, 2020
I think that is a pretty good way to look at it. Honestly, just keep doing what you are doing cause you definitely got something here.

Specter2470

Aug 12, 2019
Holy fuck, that Academy website was blinking and flashing so fucking hard I think I got brain cancer.
That shit fucking hurt!!
Couldn't read a damn thing, either

Feb 26, 2020
hmmm played three times and not 1 onion so was they not in this version and how do you get the day off the screen it stays on the hole time right in the middle of the screen annoying

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Holy fuck, that Academy website was blinking and flashing so fucking hard I think I got brain cancer.
That shit fucking hurt!!
Couldn't read a damn thing, either
Hmm, the website is meant to be absolute cancer, but it's not supposed to blink and flash. Am I right in saying the flashing only occurred when the guy was dancing/clapping on the right? Also, which version is this? win, mac, or linux?

hmmm played three times and not 1 onion so was they not in this version and how do you get the day off the screen it stays on the hole time right in the middle of the screen annoying
This version has 5 hidden onions, this is the first I've heard of them not showing up. just to check, when you go to get Riley's shorts out of the dryer, is there one behind the soap dispensers on the left? If not, then yeah something is broken.

Which OS are you running it on?

As for the date screen, I've had this reported before. Next patch should include a fix, but for now, saving the game and then loading the save has worked for me when the date screen gets stuck.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Stormside [v0.1.02] [Atemsiel] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 777 MB / 272 MB - Stormside-v0.1.02-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 770 MB / 263 MB - Stormside-v0.1.02-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 760 MB / 255 MB - Stormside-v0.1.02-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v.0.12v4 (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
Onion Locations Guide:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope this helps for anyone having trouble finding the onions (y)

Last edited:

theGlassAlice

Sep 8, 2018
Actually mine is a bit custom. You can't really see it in the pictures, but I tried to westernise him a bit. He's not visible 90% of the time so I didn't spend too much time on it, but yeah, I didn't want to keep him default. (The hair though... Yeah that's a default hairstyle. I'm hoping to give players the option to change it at some point like in Once in a lifetime, but I want to get the game going before that)
Yes, I can't tell from the preview image, but after playing I can see the male is indeed custom, which is a big plus.

Also there are a bug regarding the "onion" counter. Messing with rollback and saves I managed to set the onion counter to 6/5 (I basically clicking on the onion after rolling back from a save with an onion on the frame), I assume the counter is used to check whether or not to spawn the appropriate onion cuz from this point on I can't find the missing onions anymore.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yes, I can't tell from the preview image, but after playing I can see the male is indeed custom, which is a big plus.

Also there are a bug regarding the "onion" counter. Messing with rollback and saves I managed to set the onion counter to 6/5 (I basically clicking on the onion after rolling back from a save with an onion on the frame), I assume the counter is used to check whether or not to spawn the appropriate onion cuz from this point on I can't find the missing onions anymore.
Hmmm, the counter is just there to tell you how many you've got vs how many there are left to unlock. (will be more useful later when there's more than just 5 to get).

It's a persistent variable and so it's not affected by rollback or loading (Once you've unlocked an image by finding an onion, if you load an older save or roll back to before you unlocked it, it'll still be unlocked, and the onion won't show up again)

As for how you managed to get it up to 6, I think it's because the onion is a screen that sits on top of the background, which appears based on a "If onion2 == notfoundyet, then show the screen" sort of idea. Once you click the onion it sets off a bunch of actions that updates various things, including adding 1 to the onion count, and then setting "onion2 = found". If you roll back during the animation (Which is yet another screen that sits on top) it'll revert back to the last screen call, which was the onion itself, allowing you to click it again, even though it's already been unlocked. I think my solution to this will have to be to just disable rollback during the animation. Simple enough I think.

- Just tested and this is 100% what it is. Roll back any time during the animation and it'll break it. I'll disable rollback during the animation.

Most games make their gallery items persistent, but I think that's because they have their galleries accessible from the main menu. I don't have that as a feature so in theory I could just make them regular variables, which would having to unlock them all again if you start a new game. It would also mean that if I ever make it so that certain scenes or onions are only available if you make certain choices, and you miss out on other scenes (Think like, 2 girls go into 2 different rooms, and you have to pick which one to follow) , it'll make it impossible to unlock all the scenes in just one playthrough even with rollback and save scumming.
This is the main reason I made them persistent. I don't think replay value is really that important for a game like this. I personally wouldn't bother to play through a whole game again just to unlock a few things I didn't unlock the first time.

I've got no idea why I'm explaining this here when I could just go and try to fix it, but I think it just helps me think through the issue.

Thanks for being specific with what happened by the way. I don't want bugs in my game, so specific info like what you provided is very useful for fixing stuff when there's no actual error log available.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDick69+
4.80 star(s) 80 Votes