Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

theGlassAlice

Sep 8, 2018
Hmmm, the counter is just there to tell you how many you've got vs how many there are left to unlock. (will be more useful later when there's more than just 5 to get).

It's a persistent variable and so it's not affected by rollback or loading (Once you've unlocked an image by finding an onion, if you load an older save or roll back to before you unlocked it, it'll still be unlocked, and the onion won't show up again)

As for how you managed to get it up to 6, I think it's because the onion is a screen that sits on top of the background, which appears based on a "If onion2 == notfoundyet, then show the screen" sort of idea. Once you click the onion it sets off a bunch of actions that updates various things, including adding 1 to the onion count, and then setting "onion2 = found". If you roll back during the animation (Which is yet another screen that sits on top) it'll revert back to the last screen call, which was the onion itself, allowing you to click it again, even though it's already been unlocked. I think my solution to this will have to be to just disable rollback during the animation. Simple enough I think.

- Just tested and this is 100% what it is. Roll back any time during the animation and it'll break it. I'll disable rollback during the animation.

Most games make their gallery items persistent, but I think that's because they have their galleries accessible from the main menu. I don't have that as a feature so in theory I could just make them regular variables, which would having to unlock them all again if you start a new game. It would also mean that if I ever make it so that certain scenes or onions are only available if you make certain choices, and you miss out on other scenes (Think like, 2 girls go into 2 different rooms, and you have to pick which one to follow) , it'll make it impossible to unlock all the scenes in just one playthrough even with rollback and save scumming.
This is the main reason I made them persistent. I don't think replay value is really that important for a game like this. I personally wouldn't bother to play through a whole game again just to unlock a few things I didn't unlock the first time.

I've got no idea why I'm explaining this here when I could just go and try to fix it, but I think it just helps me think through the issue.

Thanks for being specific with what happened by the way. I don't want bugs in my game, so specific info like what you provided is very useful for fixing stuff when there's no actual error log available.
You must've hidden the last 3 onions pretty well cuz I can't find them. I do enjoy the technical explanation though

On the less technical side, I do enjoy the general looks of the game. The story so far I'll have to see more if it's interesting, but I wasn't bored, which is good considering this is just the intro. The little animations like clock between scenes and the onion animation is a nice addition.

Although how come the MC can sleep like a bear going to hibernation, through an entire day, which is odd considering he's just come back from the military, you would expect him to always be punctual, wake up early and such. Just minor gripes tho.

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
Well, I'm sold. Girl designs are cute, Riley is a sweetheart and very much my type, MC doesn't seem to be an asshole...

I'm looking forward to more. Riley is stunning and a sweetheart. Did I say that?

Reactions: TheDick69+

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
You must've hidden the last 3 onions pretty well cuz I can't find them. I do enjoy the technical explanation though
iC4v3M4n actually made a post on the previous page showing all the onion locations if you're interested. Here's a link

I don't want to make them too easy. Honestly I have a lot of fun hiding the onions around and making the pictures for them.

Once the story progresses and content starts getting a bit spicier, I may add a patreon reward that allows people to come up with their own scenes (Within reason) for me to make into an onion image or something.
All the onion images are non canon but they will still have to abide by the general feel of the part of the game they're unlockable in, and abide by the tag rules (I.E. No NTR, and if a character has only just been introduced, I can't be having an unlockable image of them getting gangbanged by robots or whatever)

Although how come the MC can sleep like a bear going to hibernation, through an entire day, which is odd considering he's just come back from the military, you would expect him to always be punctual, wake up early and such. Just minor gripes tho.
Hehe, I thought I might get called out on this. I have got an explaination for it that will be coming up in a future update, but it's not a major plot point. Of course this may change once he makes it to the academy and gets back into a routine.

Well, I'm sold. Girl designs are cute, Riley is a sweetheart and very much my type, MC doesn't seem to be an asshole...

I'm looking forward to more. Riley is stunning and a sweetheart. Did I say that?
Hehe, for the sake of remaining unbiased about the characters, I don't have a favourite. But if I did have a favourite... ;)

Specter2470

Aug 12, 2019
Hmm, the website is meant to be absolute cancer, but it's not supposed to blink and flash. Am I right in saying the flashing only occurred when the guy was dancing/clapping on the right? Also, which version is this? win, mac, or linux?

I'm using Windows - and yeah, the cancer occurred while the dude was dancing. Once he started that it was pure pandemonium

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I'm using Windows - and yeah, the cancer occurred while the dude was dancing. Once he started that it was pure pandemonium
Hehehe, well, Kellin is supposed to be a kinda chaotic character, but he's not supposed to be chaotic enough to make the game bug out with the dance of his people...

I think I know what the issue is. For some reason, people have been getting flashing issues with videos that include an alpha mask. Mostly with the 2 sleepover scenes at the end of this version (Dunno if you got that far, but assuming you're playing at least v0.1.02, I've fixed the problem there, so I just need to apply the same fix to the website scene. You're the first to report it in that section)

I don't know why people are getting this problem, I can't reproduce it at all. In the next update I'll merge his dancing into the layer below which should fix the problem, and I'll be making this standard practice going forward. It adds a bit in terms of filesize, but I'll gladly add 10MB to a release to give people a smoother experience.

For now, In case you never actually got to read what the pages said, here ya go.

2.png 3.png

Edit: What's funny is that after posting these 2 images, I've realised I left a typo in the 2nd one. Fuuuuck that's annoying. I'll fix it at some point, but right now I think people are more interested in new content than minor spelling mistakes.

That whole website was probably the most difficult thing to make in the game, and it's just so awful, it came out exactly the way I'd hoped.

I don't think there are any other scenes in the game so far that include a video with alpha mask (Aside from the onion TA DA kinda thing) so you should be good to go, but please report any issues. I don't want my game to be buggy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiur

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
So I'm wondering what kind of content are we going to expect in the future? true harem? or the type where npcs sleeps around? the girls mentioned about reward and punishment for students
1651727803598.png

I just got a slight ntr vibe from this

EDIT: should probably also add SANDBOX on your planned tags since you did mention you are going to make it for the next update

Last edited:
Reactions: punisher2099

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
So I'm wondering what kind of content are we going to expect in the future? true harem? or the type where npcs sleeps around? the girls mentioned about reward and punishment for students

There's no need to worry.

From the Developer Notes of the OP:
The game will have a heavy focus on punishment and reward, and for those that this matters to, no NTR or sharing.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022

EDIT: should probably also add SANDBOX on your planned tags since you did mention you are going to make it for the next update
True harems take a while to build. It will be a possible to build one, but it's a while away. The MC doesn't even officially have a girlfriend yet so he's gotta do that before he can start adding other girls. :)

As for the NTR thing, like Tiur said, It's not happening. I know the GATDAM system sounds pretty fucked up, but that's why the MC is going to take care of the girls :D

It will become apparent where this is going in the next public version. (It won't be as obvious in the patreon only releases that happen before that, which I'm sure will end up being posted here as well, just not directly by me.)

And yeah, you're right, I should add sandbox to the future tags. That list isn't exhaustive though, there are other planned tags too that aren't listed, but sandbox is one I should have included given it kinda defines how the game works.

Edit, since I've noticed people do actually read back this far, the sandbox idea was abandoned. It's now a normal VN, but with a lot of choices, and occasional sandbox sections.

Last edited:
Reactions: battali0n and Tiur

Specter2470

Aug 12, 2019
Hehehe, well, Kellin is supposed to be a kinda chaotic character, but he's not supposed to be chaotic enough to make the game bug out with the dance of his people...

I think I know what the issue is. For some reason, people have been getting flashing issues with videos that include an alpha mask. Mostly with the 2 sleepover scenes at the end of this version (Dunno if you got that far, but assuming you're playing at least v0.1.02, I've fixed the problem there, so I just need to apply the same fix to the website scene. You're the first to report it in that section)

I don't know why people are getting this problem, I can't reproduce it at all. In the next update I'll merge his dancing into the layer below which should fix the problem, and I'll be making this standard practice going forward. It adds a bit in terms of filesize, but I'll gladly add 10MB to a release to give people a smoother experience.

For now, In case you never actually got to read what the pages said, here ya go.

View attachment 1793754 View attachment 1793753

Edit: What's funny is that after posting these 2 images, I've realised I left a typo in the 2nd one. Fuuuuck that's annoying. I'll fix it at some point, but right now I think people are more interested in new content than minor spelling mistakes.

That whole website was probably the most difficult thing to make in the game, and it's just so awful, it came out exactly the way I'd hoped.

I don't think there are any other scenes in the game so far that include a video with alpha mask (Aside from the onion TA DA kinda thing) so you should be good to go, but please report any issues. I don't want my game to be buggy.
I did finish the release last night - no issues with the two scenes at home.
And thank you for posting the screenshots - I now know what GATDAM stands for, which helps put the conversations into context.
I enjoyed myself - there's a ton of promise here, and I look forward to seeing how this goes, and I appreciate a developer who interacts with the audience to improve their experience and learn along the way.
Koodos to you, Good Sir (?), and keep up the good work.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I did finish the release last night - no issues with the two scenes at home.
And thank you for posting the screenshots - I now know what GATDAM stands for, which helps put the conversations into context.
I enjoyed myself - there's a ton of promise here, and I look forward to seeing how this goes, and I appreciate a developer who interacts with the audience to improve their experience and learn along the way.
Glad you liked it :) I really have no idea why peoples computers seem to be going nuts whenever a video with an alpha layer is played, but oh well. I'll just not use those in future.

Good Sir (?)
Hehe, I'm not that formal, but yeah, I'm a dude.

Reactions: Specter2470

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
First, my screen didn't get haywire, had no problem at all. Even if the website scenes were totally wicked! :ROFLMAO: Like the MC and the two LI's we've been introduced to (Riley and Cassie). So I'm hooked and will continue play. Keep up the good work Dev! (y)
:devilish:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
First, my screen didn't get haywire, had no problem at all. Even if the website scenes were totally wicked! :ROFLMAO: Like the MC and the two LI's we've been introduced to (Riley and Cassie). So I'm hooked and will continue play. Keep up the good work Dev! (y)
:devilish:
That's fantastic news man, I'm glad you liked it! I'm actively working on it (Literally, I stopped for a moment to respond to this) so I'm hoping to get some new stuff out soon :D (Next update will have a fix for the website stuff as well)

Reactions: TheDick69+

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Punishment means we can punish the girls?
Since I've taken a no NTR stance on the game, I suppose it's worth clarifying that in future updates, yes this will be an option. The game hasn't gotten that far yet though, so if you're just here for that kind of content, I'd say wait for a few more updates first.

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes