Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

brankom

Mar 3, 2022
Hi, so this VN pop up on my feed but I have the exclude tag sandbox, but collectibles? Does that mean some sort of free roam?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Hi, so this VN pop up on my feed but I have the exclude tag sandbox, but collectibles? Does that mean some sort of free roam?
Not currently, at the moment it's a linear story with some choices that will affect what scenes you see, but in future it will be somewhat free roam.

I'm not gonna be implimenting grindy minigames, wait for X days or arbitrary "Love point" requirements. The free roam will essentially just act as a menu to allow you to choose which girls you want to focus on, by going to where they are, so you can skip content for other girls if you want.

The collectables are basically just hidden objects that are in the background of some of the scenes, and if you see one and click on it, you unlock a non-canon special render. I like that kinda stuff, so I put it in the game. (In this case, it's onions. There are onions to find. I dunno why I chose onions)

2.png Here's an example of one of the pictures you can unlock from the hidden onions.

brankom

Mar 3, 2022
Well thank you, I would prefer not to have the free roam as I'm not a fan of wasting time moving through rooms, a simple menu would suffice as long as it doesn't get near to sandbox I can live with it, I'll try it out, thanks for your time.

Reactions: ArunPrime

duden90

Sep 8, 2020
Well technically this release was a patreon only release that seems to have been leaked. I was aware this was gonna happen eventually regardless of what I do, so I figure I might as well just treat everyone as players. Since this was an early access update, it won't have as much content as a public release which will be several of these rolled into one at a point where the story has been progressed to a new part, so to speak. (Currently as of this update, we're in "Part 1: New beginnings" which I realised I forgot to actually write anywhere in the game, so I'll be fixing that in the next update.)

That said, at the moment the reason for the releases being shorter is that I have a full time job on top of this and so can only spend a couple of hours a day on it at best. If I was wanting to release each update as a full length few hours of content, it would probably be several months between releases, and I don't want people thinking I've stopped working on it. It's a fine line I think. Of course I do update people on patreon, but I figure actions speak louder than words.

If this ends up being successful enough that I can afford to work full time on it , then lengthier updates can be expected. (Fingers crossed ;D It's so much more fun than my actual job, but I think I'm quite a way away from that at the moment.)

This makes sense, I hadn't really thought about it. I will do this.

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it. It's cool to see it in someone's signature :D

On a side note, has anyone had any bugs in this version that weren't present in the first version? I haven't heard of any, but I like to try to iron those out as soon as I can.
I found one when you are at the end with Cassie, She says False are you awake? instead of the characters name. Other than that keep up the good work!

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I found one when you are at the end with Cassie, She says False are you awake? instead of the characters name. Other than that keep up the good work!
Oh shit, I know why that is. I'll fix that. Thanks for letting me know.

Mega Link v0.11 for Linux is incorrect. It is the mac version.
Huh, thanks for letting me know. I wasn't the one who posted the links for this leaked version, but since it's leaked anyway I might as well update the link.

Reactions: infogon and duden90

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
This continues to be high quality. I remain looking forward to more.

Hail Rilles.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
The messaging system seems to be some complicated stuff... I don't know what else am I to do in this. Its stuck, this is just after flirting with Cassie, the first talk with Taliya on the phone, and just after talking with Dad that he'd be working overtime again. I keep clicking on anything, its not progressing.

screenshot0001.png

Moreover, when there's a red dot in the upper right of the phone icon its indicative of a new message right? I keep clicking on anything but there's nothing at all. I can't progress, its stuck.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
The messaging system seems to be some complicated stuff... I don't know what else am I to do in this. Its stuck, this is just after the first talk with Taliya on the phone and just after talking with Dad that he'd be working overtime again. I keep clicking on anything, its not progressing.
At that point the game locks out input until you text Riley to check if she has somewhere to stay. You just need to go back to your messages and select her to progress it. I'll be putting in an arrow prompt or something in the next update as I was fairly sure someone would get stuck on this part. Let me know if that fixes it.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
At that point the game locks out input until you text Riley to check if she has somewhere to stay. You just need to go back to your messages and select her to progress it. I'll be putting in an arrow prompt or something in the next update as I was fairly sure someone would get stuck on this part. Let me know if that fixes it.
Sorry I really don't get it, I keep getting back and reloading again I'm not seeing any texts with Riley. How exactly should I do this? The order on what I'm seeing here is Riley Cassie texts the MC, then Taliya, and MC text's Dad. In what order is it supposed to happen? Its even strange too, because there no dialogue that says I should text Dad. I just kept on clicking until I encountered that MC needs to talk to Dad.

Edit: I mean Cassie, I'm confusing the characters.

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Sorry I really don't get it, I keep getting back and reloading again I'm not seeing any texts with Riley. How exactly should I do this? The order on what I'm seeing here is Riley texts the MC, then Taliya, and MC text's Dad. In what order is it supposed to happen? Its even strange too, because there no dialogue that says I should text Dad. I just kept on clicking until I encountered that MC needs to talk to Dad.

So what's supposed to happen, is after your finish watching tv at 10pm, both Taliya and your Dad will text you (As opposed to you texting them). Once you've moved through those text conversations, and quit the phone, the time will be 22:10

At this point, your character thinks "I should text Riley and see if she has somewhere to stay". And then it will look out input to everything except the phone. You need to click back into the phone and go to your messages, where you should see Riley highlighted in blue. If you click on her, it starts another text conversation to progress the story.

If that isn't happening, then it does sound like something might be broken and I'd suggest rolling back to an older save (Maybe an autosave?)

If that fails, let me know what choices you made in the texts with Cassie just before you watched TV, and I'll send you a save file that you can use to finish the update.

The screenshot you sent appears to be from before you get the texts from your Dad and Taliya. Is that the part you can't get past?

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
screenshot0002.png

Here, I keep on clicking here in Riley's but there nothing happening. The MC didn't mention anything in the dialogue about messaging Riley too.

My save is attached here.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
View attachment 1839146

Here, I keep on clicking here in Riley's but there nothing happening. The MC didn't mention anything in the dialogue about messaging Riley too.

My save is attached here.
I'll check out your save, but since the clock is still at 22:00 on that screenshot, I think you've still got to speak to your dad and Taliya, before you can text Riley. Are they still highlighted blue?

Actually yeah, I see what you're saying, something is weird in the save. Give me a minute and I should be able to fix this with the console and send it back.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I'll check out your save, but since the clock is still at 22:00 on that screenshot, I think you've still got to speak to your dad and Taliya, before you can text Riley. Are they still highlighted blue?
Alright, I did as you have described. I don't know the reason but after the talk with Taliya and Dad, the clock is still 22:00. And yes, my screenshot from earlier is just after I talked to both Taliya and Dad, they're not highlighted anymore. My choices for the Riley Cassie conversation earlier is I chose both second options.

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Alright, I did as you have described. I don't know the reason but after the talk with Taliya and Dad, the clock is still 22:00. And yes, my screenshot from earlier is just after I talked to both Taliya and Dad, they're not highlighted anymore. My choices for the Riley conversation earlier is I chose both second options.

Ok, try this save.

I think I found the issue, basically the game thought you still had one more text to read, and so it wasn't progressing. Not sure why but I'll try to solve that. Let me know if this save works. View attachment 5-2-LT1.save

Of course you'll need to remove the 1839161_ off the front of the filename for it to work.

It's probably related to rollback. I thought I'd ironed out the issues with texting and rollback, but I may need to make it a bit more bulletproof.

Reactions: DraxisSilencer1000

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Ok, try this save.

I think I found the issue, basically the game thought you still had one more text to read, and so it wasn't progressing. Not sure why but I'll try to solve that. Let me know if this save works. View attachment 1839161

Of course you'll need to remove the 1839161_ off the front of the filename for it to work.

It's probably related to rollback. I thought I'd ironed out the issues with texting and rollback, but I may need to make it a bit more bulletproof.
Finally working! Thanks for the fix! I'll continue playing for now.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Finally working! Thanks for the fix! I'll continue playing for now.
Just as a point, in this update you can't get all the scenes without using saves. Make a save when you have the choice whether or not to bring up the texts. Based on the choices you've already made, you won't have to go back any further than that to see all the scenes.

Reactions: DraxisSilencer1000

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
This update have good stuff in it! The last moment between Cassie and John though... amazingly sweet. Praise be to wholesome shit! I'm excited to see him protecting his girls, and of course, more romance for both Cassie and Riley. Which will include Taliya, until we know more. Anyway thanks for the save fix and for the update!

Moreover, I really liked that awareness right at the end when I finally discovered the wet dream. On how you emphasized on how some of the choices works for future content.

Reactions: Phunfoteno

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
This update have good stuff in it! The last moment between Cassie and John though... amazingly sweet. Praise be to wholesome shit! I'm excited to see him protecting his girls, and of course, more romance for both Cassie and Riley. Which will include Taliya, until we know more. Anyway thanks for the save fix and for the update!

Moreover, I really liked that awareness right at the end when I finally discovered the wet dream. On how you emphasized on how some of the choices works for future content.
Glad you liked it :D Seems like you're a fan of the more romantic wholesome side of things, so I'm happy to report that I'm not gonna be neglecting that side of things. I like that stuff too, but I also like the darker stuff depending on my mood, so I'm gonna do both as best I can and let people choose how they wanna treat each girl. Thanks for playing. :D

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Glad you liked it :D Seems like you're a fan of the more romantic wholesome side of things, so I'm happy to report that I'm not gonna be neglecting that side of things. I like that stuff too, but I also like the darker stuff depending on my mood, so I'm gonna do both as best I can and let people choose how they wanna treat each girl. Thanks for playing. :D
Yep, just cuz you like to be wholesome doesnt mean you cant switch things up a little sometimes. As long as everybody is having a good time.

Question though, is there going to be more going on with the plot or is it just gonna be centered around having fun at school. Some story beats in the beginning had me thinking there might be a mystery to solve or something more that is going to happen. Some "greater" plot to keep things interesting when there are no lewds?

I have really enjoyed what is here so far.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 84 Votes