Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yep, just cuz you like to be wholesome doesnt mean you cant switch things up a little sometimes. As long as everybody is having a good time.
This is exactly the point. I just want people to be able to choose always. No getting locked in to a corruption or love path right at the start. Players should be able to choose how they want to treat the girls at any given moment, but depending on the way they've treated the girl up to that point, some options may not be available, or may yield different results.

The actual scope in which this is implimented will really depend on whether I end up being able to do this full time. Guess we'll see.

Reactions: vilewe7570

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
This is exactly the point. I just want people to be able to choose always. No getting locked in to a corruption or love path right at the start. Players should be able to choose how they want to treat the girls at any given moment, but depending on the way they've treated the girl up to that point, some options may not be available, or may yield different results.

The actual scope in which this is implimented will really depend on whether I end up being able to do this full time. Guess we'll see.
Haha, I guess you dont want to spoil to much by giving an answer for the rest then? Fine, I'll wait.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Haha, I guess you dont want to spoil to much by giving an answer for the rest then? Fine, I'll wait.
Haha, no I saw the edit after I'd done it and I just had to go make some food.

Question though, is there going to be more going on with the plot or is it just gonna be centered around having fun at school. Some story beats in the beginning had me thinking there might be a mystery to solve or something more that is going to happen. Some "greater" plot to keep things interesting when there are no lewds?

I have really enjoyed what is here so far.
It's a bit of both. Once you actually start at the school, there will be an initial period where you are essentially just getting to know the girls, playing through their events, having to protect them from certain things etc. There is an overall plot which will be kinda always present and assuming I don't completely fuck it up, will weave itself in with the characters as some of them are connected. The way I've tried to tell the story so far is quite intentional. Make no mistake though, while there is a story, and it is something of a mystery, my main focus (And thing that I'm hoping will set my game apart) is the quality of the H scenes. I'm trying to make them as good as I can.

I've always kinda hated it when there a game I like, and then you get to the h scenes and it's just no sound, 1 second animation loop and then the MC says "I'm cumming" and the scene is over. I'm trying to avoid that, but I'll admit I've got closer to that last part in the content so far than I'd like. Early days I guess.

I was a big fan of Once in a lifetime though, and while I don't think I'll be going as story focused as that game, it is something of an inspiration so I'm hoping to include some similar elements.

(Essentially to sum it up, it'll mostly be just having fun in school for a while, but there will be a point where the story kinda takes over and it becomes more linear again. I just don't think there's really a way for me to write in the kind of content I want to include for all the different girls without doing it this way.)

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Haha, no I saw the edit after I'd done it and I just had to go make some food.

It's a bit of both. Once you actually start at the school, there will be an initial period where you are essentially just getting to know the girls, playing through their events, having to protect them from certain things etc. There is an overall plot which will be kinda always present and assuming I don't completely fuck it up, will weave itself in with the characters as some of them are connected. The way I've tried to tell the story so far is quite intentional. Make no mistake though, while there is a story, and it is something of a mystery, my main focus (And thing that I'm hoping will set my game apart) is the quality of the H scenes. I'm trying to make them as good as I can.

I've always kinda hated it when there a game I like, and then you get to the h scenes and it's just no sound, 1 second animation loop and then the MC says "I'm cumming" and the scene is over. I'm trying to avoid that, but I'll admit I've got closer to that last part in the content so far than I'd like. Early days I guess.

I was a big fan of Once in a lifetime though, and while I don't think I'll be going as story focused as that game, it is something of an inspiration so I'm hoping to include some similar elements.

(Essentially to sum it up, it'll mostly be just having fun in school for a while, but there will be a point where the story kinda takes over and it becomes more linear again. I just don't think there's really a way for me to write in the kind of content I want to include for all the different girls without doing it this way.)
Yea I get what you mean about H-scenes. there arnt many games that really hit it. But I think what u have going so far is really great so keep going. Bro this is the first renpy game I've played that actually includes liquid animations in the loops. Was definitely a welcome surprise. I think it looks great.

Also I definitely noticed the inspiration from once in a lifetime, from the moment I started the game. The way scenes are presented is important and your game is far from the usual slideshow.
So best wishes. Definitely watching where this goes.

Last edited:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Stormside [v0.11] [Atemsiel] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 1,04 GB / 337 MB - Stormside-v0.11-win-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Linux: 1,04 GB / 328 MB - Stormside-v0.11-linux-crunched.tar.bz2
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,02 GB / 320 MB - Stormside-v0.11-mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Linux/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v.0.12(v4) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yea I get what you mean about H-scenes. there arnt many games that really hit it. But I think what u have going so far is really great so keep going. Bro this is the first renpy game I've played that actually includes liquid animations in the loops. Was definitely a welcome surprise. I think it looks great.

Also I could definitely picked up the inspiration from once in a lifetime, from the moment I started the game. The way scenes are presented is important and your game is far from the usual slideshow.
So best wishes. Definitely watching where this goes.
Thanks man, I appreciate that. I felt like I'd struck gold when I worked out how to use the liquid physics. It's still a bit janky as the models themselves don't have collision (to make it work I've had to fill the models with invisible cubes and stuff that do have collision.) but I'll be trying to make good use of it. It's straight up murder on my computer though so I may have to upgrade if I want to include liquid in some of the scenes later on that will feature more than 2 characters.

I even had an xray scene in the climax of the dream sequence originally, but due to the amount of collisions involved I couldn't get the framerate to stay in double digits when recording it, so I scrapped it and replaced it with what you can see in the game now. (I think it's probably for the best anyway, imo it turned out better this way.)

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Game looks beautiful. Agree with the others, not a fan of sandbox stuff either. Happy you're choosing to keep it as more of a character selection thing. Hope you don't include a morning/noon/evening system. Rather have it as straight to the point as possible.

Got another request... can you make sex toy scenes optional? Not a huge fan of em. Most other games with corruption tend to have the "mandatory" vibrator in classroom and multi dildo scenes. Cool with other stuff... just rather have my guy do the fucking lol.

Happy there won't be hypnosis/mind control. That shit is spammed too much in corruption games.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Game looks beautiful. Agree with the others, not a fan of sandbox stuff either. Happy you're choosing to keep it as more of a character selection thing. Hope you don't include a morning/noon/evening system. Rather have it as straight to the point as possible.

Got another request... can you make sex toy scenes optional? Not a huge fan of em. Most other games with corruption tend to have the "mandatory" vibrator in classroom and multi dildo scenes. Cool with other stuff... just rather have my guy do the fucking lol.

Happy there won't be hypnosis/mind control. That shit is spammed too much in corruption games.

Haha, yeah I will be including something similar to the classroom vibrator stuff to be fair, but like with most of the scenes, they will be optional. Gotta remember too that MC has his Ghosthands, so if the player may decide to be a bit more hands on in these kinda scenes..

I'm not 100% sure how I'm gonna do the sandbox part yet. I would quite like to have random events that will only happen at the right time at the right place, but I'm not really sure. I want most of my time to be spent making scenes and content, so I'll have to have a really good think about it closer to the time. If I can't think of a good way to do it, I'll just make it linear and do it the way the MrDots games do it where you can just toggle someones route, and this affects which scenes you see.

For now though, it's staying linear until MC and the girls get to Stormside and get settled in.

(Actually, since I could still implement random events in a linear game by having them only get called once some conditions are met, that route toggle option sounds a bit more enticing. I'll have a think about it)

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
(Actually, since I could still implement random events in a linear game by having them only get called once some conditions are met, that route toggle option sounds a bit more enticing. I'll have a think about it)
That sounds great. Choices > sandbox. I'm all for meaningful choices/branching routes etc in VNs.

I've wasted hours on mind numbing clicking while playing sandboxes on the site... I got little to no patience for it anymore. I only want the art, story, lewds & choices. I imagine many others feel the same.

Reactions: battali0n

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I'm, a fan of the romantic wholesome side of things, but that doesn't mean it has to lack... spice. Depravity can also be good, but... wholesome depravity. For example, there's a 'story of culture' called Wild Therapy where a guy has an accident and ends up with amnesia, and after making sure he's okay, his girlfriend takes the opportunity to train her formerly quite meek partner into a Master who uses her for pretty rough BDSM... just like she always wanted. Very kinky. Very wholesome.

Reactions: sdkoi

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Feels like a bis Teaser so far (0.11)... I hate that it's working (the girls help too) :ROFLMAO:
Can't wait for the academy to start.
Also I have cuteness overlaod. This game is bad for my health.
And freckles! Stop messing with my blood pressure!

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
I even had an xray scene in the climax of the dream sequence originally, but due to the amount of collisions involved I couldn't get the framerate to stay in double digits when recording it, so I scrapped it and replaced it with what you can see in the game now. (I think it's probably for the best anyway, imo it turned out better this way.)
X-ray scenes huh... heheheheheh if you manage to find a way to make it work please go ham! I rarely see anything like those in games like these! The Japanese do it a lot but they're censored so it sucks!

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
X-ray scenes huh... heheheheheh if you manage to find a way to make it work please go ham! I rarely see anything like those in games like these! The Japanese do it a lot but they're censored so it sucks!
To be honest, I have a good idea of how I might do it. It would take a lot of video editing and after effects, but that was already my plan. The reason I didn't actually put it in this version is due to the specific animation I was using for this scene. I'm not an animator, so they are built in HS2 animations, but I'm doing everything I can to kinda spice them up and make them more than they are on their own. (Though later on if this ends up making me enough money that I can pay others, I might try reaching out to that guy who makes kplug for koikatsu and see if his stuff can be ported over and if I can pay for that. He makes some great stuff.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
what the hell...why dont you tag this as rape sex.humilation....a school that gets the girls entered in intimate places AND the worst your friends go to the same school...but hey it´s only for fun hahhh.....TAG the shit as what it is and nobody gets histeryc....but i´m out ....shame was a good start but ended in the gutter....yeah no ntr but all the shitty rest....

• Wow
Reactions: verzauberung

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
what the hell...why dont you tag this as rape sex.humilation....a school that gets the girls entered in intimate places AND the worst your friends go to the same school...but hey it´s only for fun hahhh.....TAG the shit as what it is and nobody gets histeryc....but i´m out ....shame was a good start but ended in the gutter....yeah no ntr but all the shitty rest....
Because the rules for tagging here are clear, only tag what's currently in the game. None of that stuff is actually in it yet. I'll update the tags as things are added.

Reactions: vilewe7570

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
Havent played the game. Pls give a quick tldr and warning of what could be viewed as extrem fetish

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Havent played the game. Pls give a quick tldr and warning of what could be viewed as extrem fetish
I can explain this, while it isn't currently in the game, in future updates the characters will be heading to an academy that employs something called the GATDAM system. Basically, the girls can be sexually punished for fucking up, and rewarded for doing good stuff. There's no NTR or sharing, so you'll have to wait for future updates to find out how that's gonna work. (It's not too difficult to guess when you consider than anyone other than the MC doing this stuff would be NTR)

They haven't made it to the school yet, so punishment type content isn't currently in the game. Happy to answer any more specific questions. There's a partial list of future tags in the developers notes in the op.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Because the rules for tagging here are clear, only tag what's currently in the game. None of that stuff is actually in it yet. I'll update the tags as things are added.
Yes and no, you are not allowed to add tags that are not currently in the game to this list
1.JPG
but you can add all future/planned tags to the genre list or the Dev notes.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yes and no, you are not allowed to add tags that are not currently in the game to this list
View attachment 1848151
but you can add all future/planned tags to the genre list or the Dev notes.
Good to know, thanks. The future tags are currently listed under the dev notes, so I'll leave them there for now. I don't want people seeing all kinds of crazy fetish stuff in the genre list and then going into the game wondering where it all is. At least not until it's actually in the game.

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes