Green Layer

Aug 8, 2020
Where is the story at rn?

Its been a few years since I last picked it up, and wondering if I should give a few more before the completion of its story content

caju

Oct 5, 2017
How long does the game take to "play through"?
I assume one can find a lot of distractions in that game by the sounds of it but what would be a reasonable guess-timate (just don't have that much time atm in my life and am trying to decide whether to put this on the backburner instead).
100+ hours

AdrianShephard

May 10, 2019
I have bug with Queen Jeanne Apelia with her quest White Silver. The task cannot be completed just because she says always "I'll pray for your success.". Or is there some pattern here that a task can't be completed because of some conditions?

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I have bug with Queen Jeanne Apelia with her quest White Silver. The task cannot be completed just because she says always "I'll pray for your success.". Or is there some pattern here that a task can't be completed because of some conditions?
It's a bug. I fixed it for the next upload.

Where is the story at rn?

Its been a few years since I last picked it up, and wondering if I should give a few more before the completion of its story content
If you only care about the main story, you may want to wait a bit longer. I recently started to make a preview of the time skip system and advance into that direction, but the story isn't really done further than a long time ago. I'll add to the time skip content piece by piece, while finishing content of the "current time" in order to advance the story slowly. However, that is still going to take a while to get finished.

How long does the game take to "play through"?
I assume one can find a lot of distractions in that game by the sounds of it but what would be a reasonable guess-timate (just don't have that much time atm in my life and am trying to decide whether to put this on the backburner instead).
It depends a lot on how you play. It's possible to spend 100+ hours with all side missions and grinding for legendary equipment in raids, but if you only focus on stories and characters you care about, it's a lot shorter. But Renryuu is definitely not a short game for a quick play through. :D

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
It depends a lot on how you play. It's possible to spend 100+ hours with all side missions and grinding for legendary equipment in raids, but if you only focus on stories and characters you care about, it's a lot shorter. But Renryuu is definitely not a short game for a quick play through. :D
Haha, okay. I will put this one on the backburner for now then.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Update 23.11.23.png
Update 23.11.23

Originally, it wasn't my plan to make two fast but small updates in a row, but I wanted to update the game for some bug fixes, and it always feels better to add some new content with it. The next updates should have the normal size again.

Changes:
- An npc with a ! above his head will appear left of your castle in Aldlyn, near the inn, and start a new quest with Kurohime. Requires the previous events with Kurohime, and the event with her and Citrinne.

- The quests "New Blade" and "Bow Maintenance" finish properly now. For anyone who finished either quest but has it still active in the quest log, you can use the sparkling book in your bedroom and select [Bug fixes] -> "Fix quest log" to mark the quest as finished.
- I added a one time option to gift money from your country budget to the capitals of Dorgania, Begus, and Amagal to improve your relationship with them by +10.
- You can now use 15 Budget to request new trade offers from merchant from other contries on the trading screen.
- Two cheats were added to the sparkling book in your bedroom. One to improve the relationship with Dorgania by +10 with each use, and another one to reduce relationship with a party member by -10, -25 or to 0.
- Fixed a bug with the daily quests in the Black Twin Tower of Honor.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused an error when you used the main entrances to the castle in Calterburry.
- Fixed a bug with the White Silver quest, which didn't advance properly when you didn't have the silver ore for Allen immediately during the dialog with him.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

EternalOne

Dec 27, 2018
Updated the save to the latest update and completed something I didn't remember. (I maxed out the overview maps blue resources which require crafting. (hours of waiting)

Mar 31, 2020
You get three quests from the weaver. In one of them, you get the recipe to make the mithril buckets, and in the other quests you improve a deep mine until you get to a lava source, where you can fill the mithril bucket with lava to get a lavabucket.
i didn't get a recipe to create the lavabucket. i'm now stuck trying to craft the equipment without the lavabucket.
Everytime i try to talk to the weaver, it's giving me the same options

Anti Cold
Anti Heat
Anti Magic
Cancel

Last edited:

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
i didn't get a recipe to create the lavabucket. i'm now stuck trying to craft the equipment without the lavabucket.
Everytime i try to talk to the weaver, it's giving me the same options

Anti Cold
Anti Heat
Anti Magic
Cancel
Did you finish the anti-cold quest yet?

Mar 31, 2020
No i'm doing them all at the quests at the same time to avoid going back and forth on maps. Do i need to complete quests in a certain way? If some quests require you to finish other quests first i think that those quests that have prerequisites should be disabled while the required quests are not yet completed.

swanzez

Jun 17, 2017
quest reminder feature was working but after running a few missions it suddenly disappeared i have tried changing to different quests reloading a different save and using the bug fixer in the sleeping chamber but nothing seems to fix it.
the only thing that brings it back is start a new game and i dont want to do that

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
No i'm doing them all at the quests at the same time to avoid going back and forth on maps. Do i need to complete quests in a certain way? If some quests require you to finish other quests first i think that those quests that have prerequisites should be disabled while the required quests are not yet completed.
In this particular case, the needed item requires that you advance the other quest first to get it.

quest reminder feature was working but after running a few missions it suddenly disappeared i have tried changing to different quests reloading a different save and using the bug fixer in the sleeping chamber but nothing seems to fix it.
the only thing that brings it back is start a new game and i dont want to do that
You could check if the quest box is disabled in the menu for some reason, or try to enter and leave the CG room, as there is a "hide" function that makes the box disappear while you're in the menu and replay of scenes.
Since the issue is not in a new game, it means that something in your save happened that caused the box to be marked as hidden, but I can't say what exactly the problem is in your case.
If both of these option don't work for you, you could give me the .rpgsave file from the www/save folder with the save slot number in which you have the issue, so that I can take a look if I can find the problem.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
nether fix worked for me problem is in file 1
I'm afraid I couldn't find what causes this issue, or how to fix it.
Do you remember what you did to make it disappear? Like, what events or system did you use after seeing the box for the last time, and the moment you noticed it was gone.

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
I'm afraid I couldn't find what causes this issue, or how to fix it.
Do you remember what you did to make it disappear? Like, what events or system did you use after seeing the box for the last time, and the moment you noticed it was gone.
There is a "_showMapQuestWindow" option in the save files for the plugin you are using, and the value for this option in the concerned save file is set to "false" here (i.e. in file1.rpgsave).

Modifying it to "true" seems to do the trick.

Apparently this option is set to false when calling the plugin command "HideActiveQuestWindow", which is called indeed in some of your scripts: in CommonEvents, Map654 and Map655.

May be you've not called the corresponding "ShowActiveQuestWindow" command after that, in one or some cases (it's only a supposition of mine) ?

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
nether fix worked for me problem is in file 1
I found the issue after checking it again. The command to show the quest box again after leaving the CG room was bugged. I fixed it in your save file, and made a fix to the exit buttons of the CG room for the next upload.
Sorry for the troubles.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
This is why I hate updates.
bb.jpg
qb.jpg
No, I dont use android.
No, I dont use joiplay.
It seems every developer does this. Some system tweak or update that breaks what worked perfectly for me.

4.10 star(s) 74 Votes