RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Ok, so question: The fiery part above where vampire is found had a chest. What's in there? couldn't find any change in my inventory afterwards, but I somehow had the feeling it was supposed to be use/equipable.
Also, I thought it odd that Tsubaki gifts the pc armoured shoes, yet he can't actually wear any.
The chests contains a skillstone.
Logical mistake on my part, I didn't realise that she gifts him something he can't use. ^^"

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Maybe he should just be able to. I liked her reasoning. ;) Well, or alternatively, give him a witty comeback for the gift.

The Cluedo cameo was cool. Pity you're essentially being punished for it. Guess the only way around that is to leave?
Edit: Actually I got another question: When I enter a map, I often immediately get thrown out again when using mouse controls, unless I click straight ahead, as I move onto another field that is an exit point. Especially the smith in the capital is notorious, with his uselessly large door. But then, sometimes, I can't seem to exit a map unless I enter the exit field from a specific direction. What's up with that?

Last edited:

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
Maybe I get the name wrong but I'm not talking about the Ryen skill... I am talking about the Tsubaki skill that she learn from weapon "Setsuna" which you get from her questline,it's an advance skill that cost 15 TP compare to her starting 10TP dual attack but it deal way less damage than dual attack.
Yes, that's the skill I showed. If you are seeing less damage from it, then you probably haven't leveled up the Fire Magic skill, and you are probably using it against enemies with strong magic defense.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Maybe he should just be able to. I liked her reasoning. ;) Well, or alternatively, give him a witty comeback for the gift.

The Cluedo cameo was cool. Pity you're essentially being punished for it. Guess the only way around that is to leave?
Edit: Actually I got another question: When I enter a map, I often immediately get thrown out again when using mouse controls, unless I click straight ahead, as I move onto another field that is an exit point. Especially the smith in the capital is notorious, with his uselessly large door. But then, sometimes, I can't seem to exit a map unless I enter the exit field from a specific direction. What's up with that?
I plan to change the events of the Millwater to give the option of a good path with Irinlia. :)

Nowadays, when a map has a two tile entrance or you can move left/right from it I add a condition to it that it only works when you face towards the exit when touching the event. It's supposed to prevent you from "accidently" leaving in such cases. Though some older maps are missing this safety, including the blacksmith apparently.
Normal entrances where there is only one tile in the wall or otherwise blocked at the sides and thus can only be left in or out in one direction has no need for such a condition. But I assume you don't have that issue with those.
I'll add the condition to face downwards to the exit of the blacksmith, that should get rid of the issue there. ;)

Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG

TastyDongo

Jan 28, 2018
Yes, that's the skill I showed. If you are seeing less damage from it, then you probably haven't leveled up the Fire Magic skill, and you are probably using it against enemies with strong magic defense.
I'm not sure if you can't read or just trolling me, it's NOT the Ryen skill, the TSUBAKI skill, to just prove my point I go do a little testing for ya.
First there is not a single mention about fire in that skill description, if fire magic does improve it then it's weird.
So as you can see from the bottom left (0 in fire magic) and from the bottom right (MAX in fire magic) , the damage aren't too far apart, sure it does do a little bit more damage but the fire magic mastery should give + 250 damage for fire skill.
And meanwhile at the Top right, dual attack easily does way more damage.

Reactions: PrinceGriss

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
I'm not sure if you can't read or just trolling me, it's NOT the Ryen skill, the TSUBAKI skill, to just prove my point I go do a little testing for ya.
First there is not a single mention about fire in that skill description, if fire magic does improve it then it's weird.
So as you can see from the bottom left (0 in fire magic) and from the bottom right (MAX in fire magic) , the damage aren't too far apart, sure it does do a little bit more damage but the fire magic mastery should give + 250 damage for fire skill.
And meanwhile at the Top right, dual attack easily does way more damage.
Ah, derp, you're right, I was reading the wrong skill. Combo Slash *is* still better than Dual Attack though. Dual Attack deals (4 * attack - 2 * defense) and Combo Slash is (4 * attack + 100 - defense). Combo Slash always deals more damage than Dual Attack, in literally every circumstance.

Here are their entries in the skills.json file if you don't believe me. Not sure which Dual Attack is Tsubaki's, but the damage is the same on both.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
I plan to change the events of the Millwater to give the option of a good path with Irinlia. :)

Nowadays, when a map has a two tile entrance or you can move left/right from it I add a condition to it that it only works when you face towards the exit when touching the event. It's supposed to prevent you from "accidently" leaving in such cases. Though some older maps are missing this safety, including the blacksmith apparently.
Normal entrances where there is only one tile in the wall or otherwise blocked at the sides and thus can only be left in or out in one direction has no need for such a condition. But I assume you don't have that issue with those.
I'll add the condition to face downwards to the exit of the blacksmith, that should get rid of the issue there. ;)
wait,what should i do if i already finished millwater event and irinlia already in dungeon??i need to start the new game or what?

TastyDongo

Jan 28, 2018
Ah, derp, you're right, I was reading the wrong skill. Combo Slash *is* still better than Dual Attack though. Dual Attack deals (4 * attack - 2 * defense) and Combo Slash is (4 * attack + 100 - defense). Combo Slash always deals more damage than Dual Attack, in literally every circumstance.

Here are their entries in the skills.json file if you don't believe me. Not sure which Dual Attack is Tsubaki's, but the damage is the same on both.

except dual attack hit 2 time and combo slash only hit once, so in most of the time dual attack still does way more damage as you can see in my image, and it's been this way for my whole game.

but I said let's drop this already, the dev already see it and he said he will buff it next patch, so yeah.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
wait,what should i do if i already finished millwater event and irinlia already in dungeon??i need to start the new game or what?
I would assume that is what you have to do.
I even expected such an outcome and saved beforehand - proceeding with that event costs Tsubaki 200 hp.
I'll add the condition to face downwards to the exit of the blacksmith, that should get rid of the issue there.
Much obliged. In case you're on a spree, the same also happens with the field below the entry field in the fortress right of the capital - something with with P, I believe? - and in manastyr and at least one other place when trying to quickly get to the transport stone from the starting area. Guess the newest rpgm has more complexities than I bothered to realize.
Edit: When giving the smith his payment for the katana, ryen says "I've got everything you".
Edit:
The chests contains a skillstone.
I thought I read fire gloves. Well, wasn't sure, but now in a dungeon in that waterspirit cave, I found another one. They are definitely in my equipment. They are described as the same as fire plate, but no one seems to be able to wear them.

Edit2: Also, question: Is there a working transport stone somewhere in the capital?

Last edited:

Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016
I assume it mostly refers to the slaves and some prisoners that you can train and mindbreak. But there is no nationwide effect or something like making the country utterly evil.
Ah I see, well thanks for the answer in any case, i'll still give the game a spin to see what it's like, but I'm saddened so few opt for a social corruption route

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
I would assume that is what you have to do.
I even expected such an outcome and saved beforehand - proceeding with that event costs Tsubaki 200 hp.

Much obliged. In case you're on a spree, the same also happens with the field below the entry field in the fortress right of the capital - something with with P, I believe? - and in manastyr and at least one other place when trying to quickly get to the transport stone from the starting area. Guess the newest rpgm has more complexities than I bothered to realize.
Edit: When giving the smith his payment for the katana, ryen says "I've got everything you".
Edit:

I thought I read fire gloves. Well, wasn't sure, but now in a dungeon in that waterspirit cave, I found another one. They are definitely in my equipment. They are described as the same as fire plate, but no one seems to be able to wear them.

Edit2: Also, question: Is there a working transport stone somewhere in the capital?
that is.....sad and dissapointing because im the one mentioning about changing what happen to Lace and irinlia in this thread..i even hoping that Ryen make them like Kurohime..Ryen abuse before he become gentle until the girl fall in love and loyal to him..:(

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
that is.....sad and dissapointing because im the one mentioning about changing what happen to Lace and irinlia in this thread..i even hoping that Ryen make them like Kurohime..Ryen abuse before he become gentle until the girl fall in love and loyal to him..:(
That's probably how the "bad" route will go once he finishes them.

When the "good" route is introduced, I'm going to try to figure out how to reset the story on those two so those of us who are way ahead can play those routes without having to start a new game.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Anyway to boost supply income? Even though yes, we don't technically need it.
Edit: Or actually the logistics might have worked and there was a display bug. Hmm.
Also, there's plenty bugs with the turn-based mode. Should we report those?

Edit: And while on the topic of reporting: When reuniting dea and mai, afterwards the door to the servants room is open, yet can't be traversed. And I still got the blind eye quest. o.<

Last edited:

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Is there any difference in what choices you pick for some quests? Say, the deserters? Or is that mostly roleplaying?

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
Is there any difference in what choices you pick for some quests? Say, the deserters? Or is that mostly roleplaying?
Some quests have different effects depending on the choices you make (like the options when taking to the King of Dorgania affect your relations with Dorgania).

In the specific case of the deserters quest, there are no known consequences for picking one path over another, you complete the quest with the same rewards either way. That could, of course, change in the future.

4.10 star(s) 73 Votes