HTML Abandoned Rent Control [v1.7] [SelectaCorp]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

orto23

Oct 16, 2018
for anyone that is interested and does not know already, you can access one more Taigan house rule if you skip selecting one of the earlier house rules (rule 2 i think) and instead select the one that is blocked, the game although is still blocked at that point from seeing anymore house rules for Taigan, including the rule you skipped. Not sure if this also works the the television anchor. looking through the code, it seems that all the content that is blocked is in the game, it seems there is a Java Script error that does not turn on the hot spots that allows you to progress. Seems an easy fix for someone with Java coding experience, and a Java debugging tool

Reactions: seden and ShamanLab

Southron

Jun 7, 2017
So, I don't know if anyone checks this old thread anymore, but is the final version posted here just... completely busted? The game doesn't seem to have any story introduction, or any kind of explanation of what to do. From what I gather from the thread it seems like there should be... something? The game just opens on the control room screen whether I click start or guide, with 365 days and 1000 selectas, and all I seem to be able to do is buy upgrades and unlock stuff on the girls mind screens that don't seem to do anything. I see something about missions but I don't seem to be able to do them.

Is it like the old Corporate Raider games where they are basically unplayable now because of the weird engine they use? I know the game is abandoned, so I doubt the dev would care to address it. Does anyone know a way to unfuck it? Maybe an older version that actually functions?

Edit: Well, I guess I have it figured out. The game really is just... like that, huh?

Last edited:
Reactions: ShamanLab

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Is it correct that CURRENT BACKGROUND: never moves from 1%? I did everything with the cop girl all 4 house rules but her background intel is still 1%.

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Is there any difference between initial release and 1.7 version? I remember old times. :) It was good, but with few minor bugs.

No changelog. :(

Last edited:
2.30 star(s) 4 Votes