Others Complete [REQ] Evenicle 2 [Alicesoft]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
I was able to get PNG/JPEG and other raw resources out of AFA with latest arc_unpacker compiled from its github repo. But this doesn't really help with translation.
The game seems to be using original QNT and AJP (JPEG-like format embedded with PMS-bitmap mask) for images, FNL for PMS-bitmap fonts and some unknown formats for other things like text/scripts etc. It seems really PITA to translate this and Rance 10 without developers' help because one needs to write encoders for all those custom formats, AFA-bundle packer (or make the game access unpacked resources somehow which will simplify things a lot), and somehow reverse-engineer how the game keeps texts and way to reencode them back to original format. So the game is no-go for translators who don't want to seriously dedicate their effort.

Reactions: danielson

aklik

Mar 24, 2018
Best you'll get here is a shitty machine translation.
I wont get it, because I tried this game and didnt like it, felt really worse than first part, tho some people think that machine translation is better than nothing.

danielson

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to get PNG/JPEG and other raw resources out of AFA with latest arc_unpacker compiled from its github repo. But this doesn't really help with translation.
The game seems to be using original QNT and AJP (JPEG-like format embedded with PMS-bitmap mask) for images, FNL for PMS-bitmap fonts and some unknown formats for other things like text/scripts etc. It seems really PITA to translate this and Rance 10 without developers' help because one needs to write encoders for all those custom formats, AFA-bundle packer (or make the game access unpacked resources somehow which will simplify things a lot), and somehow reverse-engineer how the game keeps texts and way to reencode them back to original format. So the game is no-go for translators who don't want to seriously dedicate their effort.
I was thinking of translating/picture editing some basic things, like status screen, some buttons, item names and descriptions etc like that, and tried to mess around with ALD Explorer and AIN Decompiler from the tlwikidotorg page (currently down), but just for test after I recompiled all the original qnt files, the game ran with missing or misplaced gray empty buttons images right from the game start menu. AIN Decompiler couldn't even open the ain file

Paarl

Dec 25, 2019
Does anyone know how to use machine translation for this game? or has someone already done it?

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Someone posted toolset recently so maybe there will be some unofficial progress in this regard, I mean faster than 2024 :sleep: or for other games using this engine.

Playstorepers

May 24, 2020
Someone posted toolset recently so maybe there will be some unofficial progress in this regard, I mean faster than 2024 :sleep: or for other games using this engine.
Mangagamer already picked the game up and they did a fine job translating the first.

The translation will be released in less than a year so no reason to start unofficial translations now.

But other alicesoftgames can profit from this tool.

Eraea

Jul 23, 2017
Evenicle 2 english release seems to be in house english translation by Alicesoft themselves so I guess we can hope for a better translation this time

kumala

Jun 12, 2021
any info to get zilant costume?
already get LL1,2,4 and still missing LL3
how to find other costume too?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote