3.40 star(s) 14 Votes

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
They have decided to complete the game in one big update rather than doing small ones
Nice of them to decide. How about deciding to do the update we were commissioninig in the first place... OR setup a separate account for the other game, instead of subsidising our funds to a game we didnt ask or want to contribute towards...

Technically been conned really... its why im so sour about it.

If they said they were pausing donations or setup a separate funding account for each game respectively it would of been fine, but as far as im concerned its a total wrong way to go about all this and really quite frankly pissed a lot of us off on discord.

Dfgjjkl

Jul 30, 2017
Nice of them to decide. How about deciding to do the update we were commissioninig in the first place... OR setup a separate account for the other game, instead of subsidising our funds to a game we didnt ask or want to contribute towards...

Technically been conned really... its why im so sour about it.

If they said they were pausing donations or setup a separate funding account for each game respectively it would of been fine, but as far as im concerned its a total wrong way to go about all this and really quite frankly pissed a lot of us off on discord.
They're doing another game at the same time for some reason again. The devs seem a bit difficult to talk to. For example if anyone asked about Resident X during the development of HOTD they would just respond with things like ''Wrong question'' and that was it.

HOTD and their next game don't even come close to Resident X in terms of anything really (art especially) so I don't really understand why they're not focusing on the main cash cow

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
They're doing another game at the same time for some reason again. The devs seem a bit difficult to talk to. For example if anyone asked about Resident X during the development of HOTD they would just respond with things like ''Wrong question'' and that was it.

HOTD and their next game don't even come close to Resident X in terms of anything really (art especially) so I don't really understand why they're not focusing on the main cash cow
Its all a con as I said before, such a shame really. They are using the RX funds, to fund other projects.

This game in itself is now dead as far as im concerned. Shame really...

Reactions: jaredforks

tramtoriana2

Oct 4, 2018
Do you guys like the idea of next update being the end? Or its too long to wait and would be better to get faster but small updates

subhan.prentice

Jun 14, 2022
Almost all new content would be added to the end of the game, so for every new patch, you have to play through the entire thing to see the new content. I'd rather forget the game until it's done, and then play it whole.

Reactions: tramtoriana2

blewbury

Jun 25, 2022
A few minutes ago finished latest patreon build (v0.7) from start to 100% without any guides and just can't believe how short this game is for such a long development span.

Since 2011 all we have is:
  1. A 5-steps quest for main storyline dropped at early beginning - everything is direct and simple and can be done just buy walking around the house single time, moving a few things from one place to another and sleeping a few nights - and here we standing near the dungeon entrance and that's it!
  2. Short and hard-dropped route with neighbor girl Konami with very few (5-6) interactions and 3 semi-sexual scenes (peeping of her masturbation and 2 annoyingly interrupted before anything happens sex scenes);
  3. Ultra short (3 scenes) and very weird yoga-sex route with Jada that reminds me of ;
  4. A bunch of time-and-place-based interactions with Sadie that are taking a bit of time to trigger and finish but mostly are feeling incomplete and unsatisfying - yep, we bought a cloth to wash the car but she never washed the car after, we bought surveillance cameras and never used them, we watched a bunch of movies together but most we get is "accidental" petting scene, we achieved Christmas dress for her but she never wore it - the dynamic in Sadie's story is still around 5% of what it should be;
  5. The longest Eleanor route that feels uninteresting, grindy and repetitive;
  6. Few wallpapers hidden not at every location but stacked in 3 places.
It took me 1 hour to walk through whole story, complete every quest and unlock every scene without any hacks and guides except patreon money. And dont get me wrong - the game FEELS good and is vibing of huge POTENTIAL. There's a lot of highlighted things lying every where - the box in Sadie's wardrobe, DVD and gramophone in attic, telescope that so far only brought us the Jada, the mirror and booth in bathroom, the sink in the kitchen, the powerbox at the basement, the showel and measuring tape in garage, the pigeon in the backyard, a bunch of items in store, even the gun in threehouse - that are creating a STORY RICH environment even stronger than we have in huge titles like Taffy Tales and Summertime Saga. This game is screaming of it's potential. But alas - every item I named is just lying without any work and in most interactions we don't even have any options and routes - just saying "hello - bye" to everything and everyone again and again. There's still no story for them and every route except Eleanor's ends just in few steps after start, like in most demo games. Unbelievable sad for a 3 y.o. game.

Last edited:

Crossfire260

Aug 6, 2020
If they are not currently focused on the development of the game you guys commissioned for then why not get together and boycott them?? If it can be done to Bud Light, it can be done to scammers on Patreon, too.

Jan 21, 2024
Now they are making some furry game, and the patreon is getting like no interaction. Ok, we all know furries will dish out mad money and sponsor the game single-handedly, but this is alienating the vast majority of the fan base who are there for Resident X. Hope they finish the game or get what's coming to them

blewbury

Jun 25, 2022
From the last time I've checked there were noting new in public about this gime since patreon post:

Resident X was still being worked on behind the scenes while we were working on High School of the Dead Haven and we will continue to work on it behind the scenes as we work on another new title but with major changes to its development cycle. We are aware that a vast majority of our fans have only shown interest in a few of our characters and don't want to keep waiting for their stories to progress so we'll be changing our story to only focus on Sadie and Ms. Eleanor. We'll be working on Resident X until the full story is complete to release a fully completed game instead of small updates. We'll still be involving you all with polls and previews as we develop it to the end goal.
If we see enough requests to include other characters that are already in the game then we may include them back into the game after Sadie's and Ms. Eleanor's Stories are completed.
So after a couple more years you may get a gutted "completed" version.

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
From the last time I've checked there were noting new in public about this gime since patreon post:

Nah, actually happy they're trimming the fat as it were. Too many games spread themselves thin over too many LIs

Onebi6f4607

Mar 25, 2018

welp time to dive into NymphoPRi for the 78th time

3.40 star(s) 14 Votes