Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Same, 6 PM in Belgium
It'll be close... I'm finishing all the gallery population now just in case. After that I'll review the guide as next priority, then cheats. The cheats can always be updated later in a maintenance update later tonight (my time) or so. Hopefully nothing in my life interrupts in the next few hours.

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
In most cases I'm still awake until 2 AM, but that shouldn't matter, just take your time, make sure it's up to your standards.

Reactions: Kaasje404

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021
ok great.. cannot use moded saves with vanilla.. :/ either i start fresh or wait for ep 7 mod ...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, here's the SanchoCheats in current form. I'm going to stop putting in new cheats here as this will cover the base of the current side LI's for a taste. I can always come back and populate more in maintenance updates. Note that these cheats will auto-cancel another cheat if that combination is otherwise impossible during normal play so you can't fuck shit up (it's bulletproof).
1655230187739.png
I'm now going to try and start the final integrity review process so I might be able to get something out for the Euro folks before it gets too late.... I'm trying.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any ETA on potential mod for Ep. 7 ?
Not to sound sarcastic but all I can currently tell you is.... when I'm satisfied that it's presentable. Understand that it's impossible to narrow this down due to this from a prior post above:

" ... This is, of course if I don't finish before night there but I'm hoping to do so... there's just no way to gauge these types of timelines as the whole mod update process is basically like putting out a boatload of small fires to get a gigantic wildfire under control... you can only chip away at it until it's finally professional, bulletproof, and "perfect". "

Reactions: Kaasje404

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Ok, here's the SanchoCheats in current form. I'm going to stop putting in new cheats here as this will cover the base of the current side LI's for a taste. I can always come back and populate more in maintenance updates. Note that these cheats will auto-cancel another cheat if that combination is otherwise impossible during normal play so you can't fuck shit up (it's bulletproof).
I'm now going to try and start the final integrity review process so I might be able to get something out for the Euro folks before it gets too late.... I'm trying.
Take all the time you need. If you're unable to provide it in the next round about 4h, then we will wait until tomorrow. I mean, most of us will skip most of the time sleeping. So it won't feel as long. And what's another night, compared to other modders, you're one of the fastest.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Take all the time you need. If you're unable to provide it in the next round about 4h, then we will wait until tomorrow. I mean, most of us will skip most of the time sleeping. So it won't feel as long. And what's another night, compared to other modders, you're one of the fastest.
TBH, I know my process seems slow but I'm actually working my ass off 14+ hrs a day during these updates. The mod as you know is quite complex and isn't the "green colored text = Best Choice" kind of bullshit. There's a lot to it to insure what you guys see appears to be the same mod as other VN's but actually I have to make it that way... it's not a bolt-on type deal (well, a little bit but there's so much more to it than that). Just a quick explanation for those curious. Regards.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
TBH, I know my process seems slow but I'm actually working my ass off 14+ hrs a day during these updates. The mod as you know is quite complex and isn't the "green colored text = Best Choice" kind of bullshit. There's a lot to it to insure what you guys see appears to be the same mod as other VN's but actually I have to make it that way... it's not a bolt-on type deal (well, a little bit but there's so much more to it than that). Just a quick explanation for those curious. Regards.
Didn't want to imply that. TBH, you provide us with so much informations, that nobody, including me, could say that you're lazy or slow. It was my honest opinion, that you're one of the fastest. Some modders take weeks to update their mods, and some of them are the by you mentioned "green colored = best choice". Don't want to shit on their work, because I don't know anything about their circumstances, but still, the update of SWM came up 22h ago, and you're, at least from what I understand, quite far. Also I saw from your other mods, that they're quite complex. You don't want to release something half finished and nobody else would be happy with it, so I think your approach for this, is the right one.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Didn't want to imply that. TBH, you provide us with so much informations, that nobody, including me, could say that you're lazy or slow. It was my honest opinion, that you're one of the fastest. Some modders take weeks to update their mods, and some of them are the by you mentioned "green colored = best choice". Don't want to shit on their work, because I don't know anything about their circumstances, but still, the update of SWM came up 22h ago, and you're, at least from what I understand, quite far. Also I saw from your other mods, that they're quite complex. You don't want to release something half finished and nobody else would be happy with it, so I think your approach for this, is the right one.
Apologies, I didn't take at as you implying, I was using your post to help explain to others that might not truly be aware what's all in the process and why it takes time. I do appreciate the kind words, sincerely.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CamaroFan432

Kaasje404

Apr 15, 2021
Thank you for all the messages in this thread, it gives an amazing insight in how much work actually goes into a mod. Respect!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, preparing for compile and final integrity test on bench machines. Light at the end of the tunnel "crosses fingers".... Hang in there!
I made a pit stop... had to add at least one SanchoSplit. Now I'm back to it.
1655233155870.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
DAMNIT !!!!

Important. The disappearing MiniMenu bug has reappeared again. I don't have time right now to narrow it down so I made a hotfilx until I can sort that weirdness out. I'll make a note somewhere so everyone knows:

If the MiniMenu suddenly disappears during rollback (this seems to only occur when rolling back directly after opening the MiniMenu and closing it) then simply press the "period" key . as in a period at the end of a sentence. That will force the MiniMenu to pop back up at any time.

Edit: I temporarily fixed this by doubling the MiniMenu. This just is so weird of an issue (it's actually an issue with the QuickMenu as well but I kind of forced that to work). I'm not sure if it's a RenPy bug or something I keep missing in the dev's code but I'll find it eventually if I can afford to spend more than an hour on it. Until then the MiniMenu may appear darker sometimes but that's because it's doubled in those circumstances. No harm is otherwise done. Regards.

Broutminou Since I temp fixed this issue another way you shouldn't have to worry about the different keyboard layout regarding the "period" button. The above should keep it from disappearing at all... just the one anomaly due to the menu being doubled sometimes on the screen but it's a minor thing until I can find the real culprit.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Go
Get
You
Some
New features include MenuChoice Opacity (found in SanchoOptions), more SanchoCheats, initiation of SanchoSplits, more information populated in historical dialogue in regards to dynamic ChoiceGuide... other stuff I forgot I added.
colombeen

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes