Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, obviously I did the rough coding and just fired this bad boy up. Give me a bit to fine tune the ChoiceGuide and populate the SanchoGallery. I shouldn't need to do any GUI tweaks as I did them before the VN update dropped, so saved a ton of time there. There's some pathing splits near the end of the episode so I want to also review them to 1) insure I have the guide correct and 2) add SanchoSplits if deemed appropriate.

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
My first run at ep 7 will have to wait until tomorrow... It's almost 1:30 AM so I'm going to bed

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
So... you're working on the mod hours after the new version has been released and you're posting updates of your work as you go. But you're worried about people thinking you're lazy? Anyone who thinks that deserved a quick, but forceful, kick on the backside.
This site is 50% reasonable people. 45% people who solely ask for updates and mods to be done the same day as the updates are released and 5% people who just enjoy shitting on Icstor

Apr 20, 2021
This site is 50% reasonable people. 45% people who solely ask for updates and mods to be done the same day as the updates are released and 5% people who just enjoy shitting on Icstor
You're gonna have to shave down the "reasonable people" figure a bit; you've forgotten the the "NTR is horrible" and the "NTR is great" folks. :D

• Haha
Reactions: CSNRC

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Apologies, I'm back at it. ~2hr delay while a 3 decade friend who called and needed to talk as he's going thru some relp issues w/ his wifey. I always drop everything for my "brother", he would always do the same for me if asked. I'm just being honest and transparent as real life always takes priority. Let me get back to work...

DeliteDouche

Nov 26, 2021
Apologies, I'm back at it. ~2hr delay while a 3 decade friend who called and needed to talk as he's going thru some relp issues w/ his wifey. I always drop everything for my "brother", he would always do the same for me if asked. I'm just being honest and transparent as real life always takes priority. Let me get back to work...
There's no need to apologize. You're doing all of us a service, not just for this game, but many others. We can wait.

ab_swag_

Mar 1, 2018

no need to apologize, you're doing us a service. the fact that you take time for your life long friend speaks to your character as well. thank you for all your mods, huge fan

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A quick FYI: While speedrunning to check integrity I'm noticing that the compressed version has very poor animations. Be aware of this if you also are using the compressed. For example Mia's Ep4 scene was fine in all previous compressed versions but this one looks really bad. Compressor had to have used the wrong settings for the webm files.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, it's after midnight here and I'm about to call it a day and take a nap. It won't be finished tonight but I'll do my best to wake up early (as usual) and continue. I might have to take time tomorrow for a supply run but I'll try and finish before that. Have a good evening.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well, it's after midnight here and I'm about to call it a day and take a nap. It won't be finished tonight but I'll do my best to wake up early (as usual) and continue. I might have to take time tomorrow for a supply run but I'll try and finish before that. Have a good evening.
Take the time you need. RL and family always go first, IMHO. Anybody who is reasonable thinks the same. You do a amazing job in every of your mods. And that's for free. Nobody has the right to complain about that. Thank you for your work. I like it that you're so transparent, even with everything not directly related to the mods!

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: kompetr

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. Ok, the coffee is brewing and I've replied to most pings I had this morning from other mods (that always takes an hour or two as I try my best to answer folks whether it seems a silly post or they have a complex issue). I'll grab another cup of caffeine, review my notes from last night, and get my head back into the game. Thank you for your patience and I'll keep y'all posted as always.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Shit, I forgot to post this last night while I was zoned into the code. One of the reasons it takes hours to update a complex mod such as this is taking just the dynamic ChoiceGuide as an example. I have to go back through all the variables to see if any of the old event choices now changes something in the new update. I have to do this through every... single... damn... variable or I might miss something important and then the player who uses the mod thinks I'm just another piece of shit hack that doesn't know the craft. I'll take to to one choice in Ep6 where (thank goodness I thought the dev was going to use this scenario somehow) I preemptively flagged a SanchoNotification that there may be a scene/plot split so saving here or before might be prudent. As it turns out, that was not bad advice. Notice the new outcome of one of the choices that the player would not have known otherwise BUT we now only know after Ep7 update:
__SWM2 SceneFubar01.jpg
Also note that this choice (ironically) the dev fucked up regarding renders. If the player chooses the second option the scene immediately changes location from the outside picnic table to the inside hallway at the Ladie's Room. It's very disconnected and at first I thought my build was fucked up... but the dev must have tried to fix a previous issue and ended up doing a piss-poor job at it imho. But, it's not my VN... just a heads-up that it's not the mod that causes this issue.

I'm back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning Sancho1969, well actually good afternoon/evening here :D
How many hours before "night" there? I have a choice to make that I'm not really comfortable with but it might suit some folks. If I get caught not being satisfied that the product is done before night in Euro, I can push out a "temp" update that won't have maybe the final ChoiceGuide tweaks and the SanchoCheats (yeah, I started coding it too). Then later when I'm satisfied with the product push out a final update. This is, of course if I don't finish before night there but I'm hoping to do so... there's just no way to gauge these types of timelines as the whole mod update process is basically like putting out a boatload of small fires to get a gigantic wildfire under control... you can only chip away at it until it's finally professional, bulletproof, and "perfect".

Reactions: danvo2004

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
How many hours before "night" there? I have a choice to make that I'm not really comfortable with but it might suit some folks. If I get caught not being satisfied that the product is done before night in Euro, I can push out a "temp" update that won't have maybe the final ChoiceGuide tweaks and the SanchoCheats (yeah, I started coding it too). Then later when I'm satisfied with the product push out a final update. This is, of course if I don't finish before night there but I'm hoping to do so... there's just no way to gauge these types of timelines as the whole mod update process is basically like putting out a boatload of small fires to get a gigantic wildfire under control... you can only chip away at it until it's finally professional, bulletproof, and "perfect".
6PM here in Germany right now, that's pretty central, or what do you say? :geek:

Reactions: Sancho1969
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes