Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
I'll break your post questions into two parts:

Read my post again... specifically the bottom of the spoiler.

Think of it this way if I had to break it down to it's most simplest yet detailed form - there's currently 3 Giselle pathing splits (other than None):
  • Giselle Simon(Non-Cuck)
  • Giselle Simon(Cuck)
  • Giselle Simon(ThreeSome) - Note: this pathing split requires either of the preceding and it's a spinoff of those. So, it can be thought of as two variants if you wish: Simon(Non-Cuck / Threesome) or Simon(Cuck / Threesome).
View attachment 2619933
It is for me still very hard to imagine what happens in these 3 splits of the Giselle path.
- Mostly the 2 variants of the 3 some. I can understand a 3 some in which Simon is non cuck: that would be a usual MMF 3 some, both men fuck Giselle. OK that is clear. But how can a cuck 3 some look like? In order to be a 3 some, Simon must participate somehow, not just watch coz if he just watches that wouldn't be a 3 some. But if he participates .. he is not a cuck..
- The second split in which Simon is a cuck i can imagine as a repeat of what they did in the car maybe extended with more positions. So MC fucks Giselle and Simon watches. This split is clear.
- But the first one where Simon is NOT CUCK... there must be a missunderstanding in terminology here. Does that mean MC fucks Giselle in secret, behind Simon's back? In which case this would mean Giselle is cheating on Simon. Another way to see "Giselle Simon(Non-Cuck)" would be Giselle fucks Simon and MC watches. In which case MC would be cucked. But for some reason i don't think this is what will happen.. So is this split a "Giselle cheating on Simon with MC path"?

That "SanchoSplit" has a submenu that allows you to specify your preferred LI to carry forward so that your playthough is NOT borked. With that said I cannot tell the future of what the VN developer may or may not do... hence the disclosure of using any cheat of any kind. Bottom line: as of Ep9 that specific SanchoSplit won't break a single thing.
Great , then i must wait till you release the mod for EP9 coz at this time i play Ep9 with the mod for Ep8 in it and that will surely break things if i go on at this point. Thanks a lot for your great work and the explanations.

PS: when i have the new mod for Ep9 can i just put it in over the old mod and will overrite the old one or do i have to make a new clean install of the Ep9 update and put the new mod there ?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Great , then i must wait till you release the mod for EP9 coz at this time i play Ep9 with the mod for Ep8 in it and that will surely break things if i go on at this point. Thanks a lot for your great work and the explanations.

PS: when i have the new mod for Ep9 can i just put it in over the old mod and will overrite the old one or do i have to make a new clean install of the Ep9 update and put the new mod there ?
Jesus man... you're killing me. Since you've already altered your VN Ep9 (I know you stated you only did the one thing but let's insure you do this right): Always... only install the mod version for the VN version it applies to. You're likely to get shit fucked up otherwise... it's not worth the risk as things always change. So, yes, start with a fresh install of Ep9 to make sure it's all as intended.

Reactions: mizilic

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep9)
1684081124634.png 1684081149906.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ for details):
  • All of the unmodded VN bugs I've found have been sorted.
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - Completely rewritten ChoiceGuide
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Jesus man... you're killing me. Since you've already altered your VN Ep9 (I know you stated you only did the one thing but let's insure you do this right): Always... only install the mod version for the VN version it applies to. You're likely to get shit fucked up otherwise... it's not worth the risk as things always change. So, yes, start with a fresh install of Ep9 to make sure it's all as intended.
Well, i was behind in playing the game as Ep9 came out so , since i was still in Ep7-8 i put the mod for 8 inside and continued playing from Ep7 TILL Ep9 with it. I would not have continued to Ep9 with the mod for EP8.. I wil reinstal and apply the new mod when ready.
But Ok, don't lose time with me now.. get that mod for Ep9 done, sorry for disturbing.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmm something went wrong not sure what
View attachment 2620416
but as you can see the installtion is right:
View attachment 2620417
As I can see your installation is wrong.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Yes i thing i know what my mistake was its because of unren.bat.
Yes unren.bat is the trouble maker for me on this i realy sorry for that.

Reactions: Sancho1969

kirya1421

May 10, 2021
As I can see your installation is wrong.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.
I have the same problem.
And there is no such file (unreg.bat), the game freezes when I start a new game.
Also the game is clean and has no mods

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have the same problem.
And there is no such file (unreg.bat), the game freezes when I start a new game.
What platform are you running the VN on? Attach your log.txt file (physically attach the file via 1684090153444.png , don't copy/paste the contents in the post). I need more information than "it doesn't work".

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Can confirm, that the SanchoMod works perfectly fine on PC with a fresh install of the VN. (At least starting the game and considering the info of the main menu. Bonus code worked also just fine.) Should bugs appear, I will give feedback.
Thank you for your hard work Sancho!! Now go get you something to drink, you deserve it.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your response, and you are well done for doing such a thing, great respect for your work.
The only thing that jumps out at me via that log file (you can edit your post and delete that file if you wish now), is that it stops right after loading the controller API. I attached a controller to a testing rig, installed the VN, installed the mod and it worked fine... but it's log has the proper continuation of the program:
Python:
# (above is the same/similar so no reason for me to mirror)
controller: '030000005e040000ff02000000007200' 'Controller (Xbox One For Windows)' 1
controller: '030000005e040000ff02000000007200' 'Controller (Xbox One For Windows)' 1
Cleaning stores took 0.00s   # SanchoNote: From here-down your log file is blank meaning the startup stopped/was aborted.
Init translation took 0.02s
Build styles took 0.01s
Load screen analysis took 0.23s
Analyze screens took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.00s
Running _start took 0.01s
I'm not saying your controller is any issue (RenPy recognizes it just fine) but either RenPy or the mod is sensing something wrong and aborting. You installed the mod inside a clean VN installation? If so, your "/game" folder should look similar to this:
1684092369929.png

Last edited:

kirya1421

May 10, 2021
The only thing that jumps out at me via that log file (you can edit your post and delete that file if you wish now), is that it stops right after loading the controller API. I attached a controller to a testing rig, installed the VN, installed the mod and it worked fine... but it's log has the proper continuation of the program:
Python:
# (above is the same/similar so no reason for me to mirror)
Cleaning stores took 0.00s   # SanchoNote: From here-down your log file is blank meaning the startup stopped/was aborted.
Init translation took 0.02s
Build styles took 0.01s
Load screen analysis took 0.23s
Analyze screens took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.00s
Running _start took 0.01s
I'm not saying your controller is any issue (RenPy recognizes it just fine) but either RenPy or the mod is sensing something wrong and aborting. You installed the mod inside a clean VN installation? If so, your "/game" folder should look similar to this:
View attachment 2620808
I deleted all the files that were not on the attached picture, after which the game showed that the mod is installed, but the game does not hang when I start a new game.:LOL:
The folder with the game looks like this, I returned all the files back. It seems to me that there are extra files in the folder that prevent the game from working correctly.:unsure:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I deleted all the files that were not on the attached picture, after which the game showed that the mod is installed, but the game does not hang when I start a new game.:LOL:
The folder with the game looks like this, I returned all the files back. It seems to me that there are extra files in the folder that prevent the game from working correctly.:unsure:

Well fuck...you previously stated:
I have the same problem.
So... this is a waste of time. Your VN installation was NOT clean.
A clean installation means you installed the dev's game and did nothing else.
Do exactly as described above your original post by me here.

kirya1421

May 10, 2021
Well fuck...you previously stated:

So... this is a waste of time. Your VN installation was NOT clean.
A clean installation means you installed the dev's game and did nothing else.
Do exactly as described above your original post by me here.
I reinstalled a clean game, installed the mod, and it now works, only there is no replay in the gallery, and the game does not start.
Please excuse me, I don't understand VN and Renpy

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I reinstalled a clean game, installed the mod, and it now works, only there is no replay in the gallery, and the game does not start.
Please excuse me, I don't understand VN and Renpy
You'll see "SanchoGallery" after clicking "SanchoMod": 1684098442725.png

To start a new game click "New Game": 1684098494551.png

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well made it to the end. Thanks to the mod, I was able to replicate my choices from the episodes 1-8 and finished now EP9. Zero bugs with my choice path. Whenever possible, I did use the cheat options. So again, great work and thank you for it, Sancho.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes