FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Returning to Mia [v1.1] [Inceton]

NOTE: Fully patched, newest update fixes the replay room.

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -

Mac:
MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Does this fix the bug I came here to show? I can't continue to story. Can't get passed the scene with Emma, shortly after Vivian finds Mia & MC in the yard. I searche dand didn't find anything explaining it in the thread...so...

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage 'bg/Blink/[current_scene_name]_half.jpg': could not find image. ('bg/Blink/e10_2477_half.jpg')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Story/ep10/ep10_Day28.rpyc", line 118, in script
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 584, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\image.py", line 786, in per_interact
    self.find_target()
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\image.py", line 676, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage 'bg/Blink/[current_scene_name]_half.jpg': could not find image. ('bg/Blink/e10_2477_half.jpg')

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Returning to Mia 
Tue Oct 31 23:31:28 2023

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Does this fix the bug I came here to show? I can't continue to story. Can't get passed the scene with Emma, shortly after Vivian finds Mia & MC in the yard. I searche dand didn't find anything explaining it in the thread...so...

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 584, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\image.py", line 786, in per_interact
    self.find_target()
  File "C:\Users\shred\Desktop\games\3- Summer With Mia 2 (Returning To Mia) Ep. 10\renpy\display\image.py", line 676, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Returning to Mia
Not sure, it sounds like this problem here. There is a fix in that post.

I've not even started it yet, going to replay the first one anyway, since it's been so long, and waiting on the mod update as well.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Not sure, it sounds like this problem here. There is a fix in that post.

I've not even started it yet, going to replay the first one anyway, since it's been so long, and waiting on the mod update as well.
I'm playing Ep10. That post was for Ep08. It says to make a directory in Story folder Ep08, and put the file in that.
I don't have a folder for Ep08, as I am playing Ep10. I am not screwing with it and breaking the game.
Maybe the devs will fix the bug and put out a bug fix for it.
I'm gonna download the compressed version, too, and see if it works, or if it is also bugged. Never know.

Jerora

Aug 8, 2021
I'm playing Ep10. That post was for Ep08. It says to make a directory in Story folder Ep08, and put the file in that.
I don't have a folder for Ep08, as I am playing Ep10. I am not screwing with it and breaking the game.
I'm gonna download the compressed version, too, and see if it works, or if it is also bugged. Never know.
Hmm used unren4all to latest compressed Returning.to.Mia.2.v1.1-pc-compressed. in folder bg\Story there is 10_2477.jpg but in bg\Blink only 10_2446_full and _half ,next 10_2584 , maybe copy 10_2477 from Story to Blink and reame to _full and _half , hope this help a bit :unsure:(y)

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
I told the Dev about this. It only happened to me when you go to Sabbatian's bar and when walking with Mia by the beach. The first song that plays in the game (not the menu) doesn't have that problem. I don't know if there are more songs that play later on because I stopped playing.

Probably the same model was used with minor differences. I haven't seen her in-game so, don't know.
eh i dont thing ther look like siblings ther is not the same model used if you look at this img's.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the eyes the same maybe yes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
so the working saves from 1-9, dev just wanted to break the saves in the last episode on purpose?
No, lol, this has been called Returning to Mia 2 since it came out, 5 years ago...welcome to the game?

Saves work fine, just copy them over.., it's because save directories got changed, nothing more, if you are a legit Steam user it does automatically..................so no it doesn't break saves, unless you used a mod, then use a savefixer...

Oh, I just seen the blink part and thought yoy were talking about 8. As someone else said, might be a missing image thing.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    display_say(who,
    callback(self)
    self.find_target()
    raise Exception(error)

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Returning to Mia
This is the main image that is borking (disregard the mod UI, it's not included in the fix noted below):
1698837938502.png
It's a dev coding error as Emma does not have any blinking images for this "beach" scene in Ep10.
The fubar is in the line: scene e10_2477 at blink
I've sorted it for you as a patch.
Simply drop the attached content inside the VN's "/game" folder.

This is a temporary fix (it's simply the static image with no blink animation), I'll sort it in the pending mod update.

Oct 10, 2022
maybe ill give it a go, but i didnt enjoy this game much, don't wanna play again, not enough emma :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
More Emma mean more trouble as we see it on the first game.;)
If I think this without Mia, I can understand you but I am somewhat invested in Mia from the first game and with the happy ending she got and even if the chances are slim, leaving an open door for another game or at least a few DLC, I really liked the game. I think this game has genuinely good story and it was top notch at the last chapter. It changed my opinions on Vivian and Sadie, I even can relate to Vivian. So I did enjoyed the game and I can say money well spent. :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Conviction07

Nurben

May 30, 2019
My game bugs and doesnt let me continue in the cruise with isla and sadie anyone knows how to resolve it?

dudeipoop

Sep 17, 2022
More Emma mean more trouble as we see it on the first game.;)
If I think this without Mia, I can understand you but I am somewhat invested in Mia from the first game and with the happy ending she got and even if the chances are slim, leaving an open door for another game or at least a few DLC, I really liked the game. I think this game has genuinely good story and it was top notch at the last chapter. It changed my opinions on Vivian and Sadie, I even can relate to Vivian. So I did enjoyed the game and I can say money well spent. :giggle:
i wish there was more story with the creep, and the story with grace didnt make sense in end, sort of blue balled with grace whole time

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Mia got her happy ending let dogs lay.
i wish there was more story with the creep, and the story with grace didnt make sense in end, sort of blue balled with grace whole time
The creep you mean incest Dexter?

I only missed more shrink cucko action sadly.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My game bugs and doesnt let me continue in the cruise with isla and sadie anyone knows how to resolve it?
Attach your traceback file (don't copy/paste it in the post but actually attach it via this button:
1698840576055.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That particular image blink code was resolved by the dev in Ep10Fix... you must have the first Ep10 installed.

Ep10Fix makes it a static image with no blink. I'm looking at the code now, it has been commented out and not by me:
Python:
    # $ current_scene_name = "e8i3827"
    scene e8i3827# at blink

Oct 10, 2022
I believe you misunderstand the story. It was a story about the MC growing up. We saw whether or not MC grew up and side girls like Cindy, Isla, Grace, Giselle was only there for check it. Grace was represent incest taboo relationship, Isla was another man's wife and another taboo, Giselle was his therapist and professional taboo, Cindy was around his age, everything was okay to have a relationship and she was cheating taboo. Every single girl was represent something for MC. What was the first sin of MC, he was in relationship with his mom who was incest, another man's wife, have medical condition and that costed us Mia in the first game. In this game story checks every mistake you had done, one by one. First checks it with Cindy, was it the cheating MC drawn to cheating. If MC goes there, it is game over for him we learn he did not outgrown his past mistakes. If he rejects Cindy, next target was Grace. We are checking was it incest that drawn MC in, if you refuse. Next checkpoint was Isla another man's wife, a taboo of conquering someone else's wife. It was so important, there is a choice between Mia and her in the game. Then lastly, Giselle ethical taboo. Giselle was ethically bound to not have a relationship with, like as the medical condition of MC's mom. Giselle story escalates too quickly just like his relationship with his mom because of her medical condition. We checked was MC drawn in because what he did was ethical taboo. Then mom shows up at the end, we ask did MC do all of it because who Laura was because we stripped Laura from everything incest with Grace, cheating with Cindy, conquering with Isla, ethical taboo with Giselle. Only thing to check was it Laura all along. There was a reason, she came to MC so strong in that stall. It was his final test. At this point, if he manages to refuse her. That means he repented the sin he committed in the first game. I believe it was fairly obvious with MC's Grace dream when he ask were you testing me, Grace replied no you were testing yourself.
After MC defeated every demon he had, what he left was pure love which was pointed out over and over again. That is the point we are asking, is MC gonna move on or stay? Both option was represents love and nothing else. If he chose to move on story takes us to new place, MC and Sadie buy a new house also Mia was moving on with someone new. If he chose to stay, he can be with Mia only and only for his love. If he was with her because she was his sister, he could have gone for his mom or Grace; if he was with her because she was someone else's gf, he could have gone for his mom or Isla; if he was with her because it was wrong, he could have gone for his mom or Giselle; if he was with her because she was beautiful, he could have gone for his mom or Cindy but he did not, he chose Mia because who she was, only for their love. Going back to their old home, represents they stayed the same but outgrown their demons together.
So any side girl ending could be bad ending because any of them would mean MC succumbed to his old sin. If they ever add endings with side girls, you should expect a sad ending. In either, Sadie&Mia , epilogues everyone have happy endings because they repented. It even shows how Vivian became decent human being, Giselle found right path etc. If MC goes for anyone else we probably will see that they lost the bar, Vivian and Grace split up, Isla and Cindy spiraled out of grief, Giselle probably dead or divorced or lost her license, mom lost her path or stuck in unhappy marriage etc. I also liked reunion ending, even if MC succumbed to his old sin it shows he still will have a chance to repent. He is only incorrigible if he did not change at all and goes for everyone. Then he is destined to be left alone.

I feel like I tried to explain a poem in a literature class

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 75 Votes