ahxjosu

Aug 3, 2019
Love path, submissive path gives less content and is the lamest submissive path I've seen in a VN so don't bother, and for story reasons bribe Keira, otherwise the plot goes out the window and buys a condo in china.
ahhh ty

Synful62

Jun 21, 2018
Finaly got around to giving this one a try,was not dissapointed,well,just a little near the end when i finally get my hands on Linda and reached the end of this update,can't wait to see what happens next!

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
See? You don't know what you are talking about. WebP and Jpeg do not always have compression artifacts, unless you compress too much. You can have the exact same quality with Jpeg or WebP. Every professional photographic camera produces both RAW and Jpeg formats, and none of them use PNGs because that format is suited for other type of images. Do you think we see artifacts in Canon, Sony, Fujifilm Jpegs from camera? You can have small Jpegs using Mozjpeg encode that are not distinguishable from a massive PNG. There are also some tricks to compress Jpegs heavily and still having them perceived as full quality on full screen, the same we web developers (or at least some of us) apply to web sites so you can see a good image in a high resolution monitor without taking ages to load. It's just about learning what you are doing and using the right tools and methods.
What you are talking about are specific variations of Jpegs like JPEG2000 or JPEG-LS arithmetic coding, those are mostly used for medical or scientific applications and can at most get a 2x compression (wishful thinking) to avoid information loss. If you want to talk about cameras they do not use PNGs because the format does not have a standard for EXIF embedding (come on dude you should know this or at least some of you should :KEK: ).

Now talking about this specific VN because otherwise the post will be deleted. The images are compressed by about 80% of their original size but even the developers of the format say it can only be comparable at most with a reduction of 30% size of JPEG or PNG . And that is under laboratory conditions (meaning they chose the best possible setup). By that metric the compressed version of this VN should be no less than 14 GB (more like 16 realistically) for it to be the lossless wonder you think it is. At that size the people that had a problem with the uncompressed VN, would still have a problem. Thus we get this over compressed ass:
1431343_t4.png
Instead of this smooth and defined ass:
1431341_t3.png
If the average user do not mind the loss in quality, hey all the power to them. I will just say that there are some of us that prefer the full quality version even if it is 20 GB.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
What you are talking about are specific variations of Jpegs like JPEG2000 or JPEG-LS arithmetic coding, those are mostly used for medical or scientific applications and can at most get a 2x compression (wishful thinking) to avoid information loss. If you want to talk about cameras they do not use PNGs because the format does not have a standard for EXIF embedding (come on dude you should know this or at least some of you should :KEK: ).
No. Jpeg XL is a new standard, suited for replacing the old and current Jpeg format (but compatible with it). Mozjpeg is just an encoder for old Jpeg that improves the compression method.
PNG is not efficient for photographic images that's why a standard for EXIF data was never implemented. PNG is really good for graphic 2D images, it was made to replace GIF, in a field where Jpeg was not really suitable.
This game could benefit from a Jpeg-mozjpeg treatment, even with a lighter approach that does not compromise on perceived quality. JpegXL on the other hand will greatly improve the situation but it's not a format we can rely on at the moment, as it's scarcely supported.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
No. Jpeg XL is a new standard, suited for replacing the old and current Jpeg format (but compatible with it). Mozjpeg is just an encoder for old Jpeg that improves the compression method.
PNG is not efficient for photographic images that's why a standard for EXIF data was never implemented. PNG is really good for graphic 2D images, it was made to replace GIF, in a field where Jpeg was not really suitable.
This game could benefit from a Jpeg-mozjpeg treatment, even with a lighter approach that does not compromise on perceived quality. JpegXL on the other hand will greatly improve the situation but it's not a format we can rely on at the moment, as it's scarcely supported.
I will give you that, JPEG is indeed a more flexible format than PNG (seeing as you have to convert a PNG to JPEG for a lot of situations). I have never used mozjpeg, but if it does not completely eviscerate the light (luminance?) resolution and contrast of dark scenes, it would be great.

Deleted member 24136

Donor
May 4, 2017
Why no MEGA Link for the uncompressed Version ?!
The three fileshare links are slow af, on one file is missing and the other wont let me download.

xis3

Dec 29, 2020
Great discovery.
Any sugestion on a game similar to this one with a mean stepmother /mother / other, where you can get corrupt by lust ?

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
*Phegor thinks a bit before writing a reply.*
*He takes a gulp from a cup of cheap, and now stale tea.*
*Pondering a bit more, his hand wanders absent-mindedly into his pants.*
*Why is his hand pondering, you might ask? Fuck if I know.*

Lord Jesus Almighty, this VN is a slog. Two-dimensional characters and bland storyline are a cherry on top of this lukewarm pile of mediocrity.

m00nsh1ne

Feb 22, 2020
I deleted my old files a while ago because I honestly thought this game was going the way of the DoDo Bird and was surprised to see it pop back up again (didn't delete the folder with my saves just game files). I downloaded the .45 uncompressed from GOFILE and the .5 update from MEGA and I haven't gotten any of the issues about missing images or broken paths. Strangely enough though it did wipe out my gallery unlocks... all but the first scene from every girl is locked when it used to be unlocked... first time that's happened.

Aug 17, 2019
Tried to download the uncompressed one and I get this at the start of the game:
Either dev renamed files in his directories and forgot to rename the same in the .rpy files or whoever shared the update messed with game files. You'll get a lot of other errors even after getting through this one. My opinion is to wait for a patch or try compressed version (I personally haven't tried compressed one so not sure if it faces same issues or not). That error is quite simple to fix so you can fix it yourselves too. Just go to gui folder, look for the image with that name and rename it to no_smoking1.png. Make sure to rename the hover file too. Hover file should be renamed to no_smoking1_hover.png.

The files are packed in .rpa so you'll need unren to unpack them first and then you can go ahead with the fix I described above. You can do this for other errors you might or might not face in future.

3.40 star(s) 125 Votes