2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

RoladNix224

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
One issue I noticed with the artwork, and it's a minor one, is every character seems to have the exact same height. Kakashi looks really small compared to everyone else. My only recommendation is maybe scale them slightly different to make the tall characters actually tall in comparison to the short characters. :)
Yeah that is fair, the thing is when I draw them in CSP they are at 5000 x 5000 and they look fine to me, but then I have to scale them in Pixlr to accommodate with renpy's 1920 x 1280 screen size and that is to make sure the characters don't have easy to see pixels. Sorry if that is a problem I will try to fix it in the next build :)

Reactions: ArcAngel

luloser

Mar 12, 2017
There are issues with the art yes (proportions and such mostly). But a lot of these issues are just a lack of fundamental skill that will be fixed over time with practice. I suggest heavier use of reference points as you start and use less as you get the hang of it.
Yeah I know it's basic 101 advice with the arts, but trust me when I say it can honestly go a very long way.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just a heads up, the Mega one still has the v0.1 in it on PC. I just notice it myself, until I tried moving it to my game folder, and it told me that the file was already in there.

Reactions: RoladNix224

RoladNix224

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Just a heads up, the Mega one still has the v0.1 in it on PC. I just notice it myself, until I tried moving it to my game folder, and it told me that the file was already in there.
Thanks, I didn't notice that myself but the others do have the 0.2 build so sorry about that

Reactions: JenMistress

RoladNix224

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Hey guys, I know the game isn't to everyone's liking. Yes I am aware the art is not the greatest thing, but I am trying my best. This is only the start. Let's keep things positive here, I am willing to answer any questions about the game itself because I want to give you a product worth supporting. Thank you for the genuine support.

IrisCandy/RoladNix224

Reactions: Nixi~

Arroba5

Apr 15, 2018
Hey guys, I know the game isn't to everyone's liking. Yes I am aware the art is not the greatest thing, but I am trying my best. This is only the start. Let's keep things positive here, I am willing to answer any questions about the game itself because I want to give you a product worth supporting. Thank you for the genuine support.

IrisCandy/RoladNix224
You should pay a little more attention to the comments, yesterday when I comment on the problem that I currently have, I mentioned that in Mega there was still version 1.
Regarding art, I like it, I think the criticisms are somewhat unfair, not everyone can draw the same as Kishimoto or his assistants did, I think what you offer is more than decent, without forgetting that you may just be starting so possibly with the passage of time you can improve. There are people who draw much worse and others have not tried to be able to criticize with fundamentals. They should emphasize that you are doing the drawings yourself, while others simply take the Koikatsu and concentrate on animating (which is not bad either) but it is less work than you are doing.
If you could guide me to see what my problem could be, I would appreciate it, I detail it yesterday is the next to last message on page 2.
Good luck and encouragement that you are well on your way.

RoladNix224

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
You should pay a little more attention to the comments, yesterday when I comment on the problem that I currently have, I mentioned that in Mega there was still version 1.
Regarding art, I like it, I think the criticisms are somewhat unfair, not everyone can draw the same as Kishimoto or his assistants did, I think what you offer is more than decent, without forgetting that you may just be starting so possibly with the passage of time you can improve. There are people who draw much worse and others have not tried to be able to criticize with fundamentals. They should emphasize that you are doing the drawings yourself, while others simply take the Koikatsu and concentrate on animating (which is not bad either) but it is less work than you are doing.
If you could guide me to see what my problem could be, I would appreciate it, I detail it yesterday is the next to last message on page 2.
Good luck and encouragement that you are well on your way.
Thank you, I definitely agree. So first I do pay attention to the comments, some I can answer some I can't. I saw your comment about the Mega problem and when someone else mentioned it that's when I saw the problem myself so sorry for not replying, I can only send the links and someone sets them up for me, I didn't use Nopy cause it was private and the other one was also one I wasn't able to upload to, I didn't expect so much pressure when posting my game here. I have been here since 2018 and it all seemed so simple, I just wanted to express my love for Naruto as a series. The art I am aware needs more time in the oven when seeing the comments it felt more like it wasn't good enough so I had to say something.

I will try fixing the links but with this version you aren't missing anything just the art being redone.

Reactions: Tunak23

Arroba5

Apr 15, 2018
Thank you, I definitely agree. So first I do pay attention to the comments, some I can answer some I can't. I saw your comment about the Mega problem and when someone else mentioned it that's when I saw the problem myself so sorry for not replying, I can only send the links and someone sets them up for me, I didn't use Nopy cause it was private and the other one was also one I wasn't able to upload to, I didn't expect so much pressure when posting my game here. I have been here since 2018 and it all seemed so simple, I just wanted to express my love for Naruto as a series. The art I am aware needs more time in the oven when seeing the comments it felt more like it wasn't good enough so I had to say something.

I will try fixing the links but with this version you aren't missing anything just the art being redone.
Quiet, for my part there are no pressures, just comment that maybe you skipped my previous comment.

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
I'm going to give some constructive criticism of your new art. All the parts I liked and disliked.

Sakura
  • What I liked about version 2 art
    • Her Bust looks better detailed in version 2
    • Her shorts and spats look better in version 2
    • The coloring overhaul works better in version 2. The close-up feels more impactful.
  • What I disliked about version 2 art
    • Her face and stance in version 1 work better than the one in version 2.
    • Her arms feel like they could use a little bit more thickness.
    • Her hands could be a bit bigger.
Naruto
    • His stance in version 2 looks more neutral, which is good considering he isn't in conflict.
    • His torso in version 2 is actually really good, you should aim to have a similar-sized torso for Sakura as well.
    • His legs look better in version 2 as well as his bottom tracksuit.
    • His head looks better positioned in version 1
    • The shadow to the left of his cheek brings out more detail in his face in version 1 than his face in version 2.
    • His arms on both versions, like sakura's, could use a bit more thickness.
    • The coloring of the top of the tracksuit could use some work. It's missing a bit of black that connects the sipper's black line to the top black shape.
    • His headband in version 2 looks unnatural as compared to his version 1 counterpart.
Minato
    • Though I prefer his face in version 1, it looks too young, which version 2 fixes by making him look more mature.
    • Skin coloring looks more natural in version 2 which displays his facial features better.
    • His cape isn't shown properly. You forgot to do the back of it between his legs.
    • The coloring of his green jacket is a bit too dark version 1 works better for him since it displays the shadows of his cape better.
    • His height could be a bit bigger compared to Sakura and Naruto since he would be 41 years old by the time of Shippuden.
Overall it could use a bit of work but I'm not here for the art, I'm here more for the story. And the art does its job for me. Hope this comment helps.

RoladNix224

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I'm going to give some constructive criticism of your new art. All the parts I liked and disliked.

Sakura
    • Her Bust looks better detailed in version 2
    • Her shorts and spats look better in version 2
    • The coloring overhaul works better in version 2. The close-up feels more impactful.
    • Her face and stance in version 1 work better than the one in version 2.
    • Her arms feel like they could use a little bit more thickness.
    • Her hands could be a bit bigger.
Naruto
    • His stance in version 2 looks more neutral, which is good considering he isn't in conflict.
    • His torso in version 2 is actually really good, you should aim to have a similar-sized torso for Sakura as well.
    • His legs look better in version 2 as well as his bottom tracksuit.
    • His head looks better positioned in version 1
    • The shadow to the left of his cheek brings out more detail in his face in version 1 than his face in version 2.
    • His arms on both versions, like sakura's, could use a bit more thickness.
    • The coloring of the top of the tracksuit could use some work. It's missing a bit of black that connects the sipper's black line to the top black shape.
    • His headband in version 2 looks unnatural as compared to his version 1 counterpart.
Minato
    • Though I prefer his face in version 1, it looks too young, which version 2 fixes by making him look more mature.
    • Skin coloring looks more natural in version 2 which displays his facial features better.
    • His cape isn't shown properly. You forgot to do the back of it between his legs.
    • The coloring of his green jacket is a bit too dark version 1 works better for him since it displays the shadows of his cape better.
    • His height could be a bit bigger compared to Sakura and Naruto since he would be 41 years old by the time of Shippuden.
Overall it could use a bit of work but I'm not here for the art, I'm here more for the story. And the art does its job for me. Hope this comment helps.
This does help I appreciate the feedback on what you think needs improvement, I also hope that you enjoy the story as it unfolds :)

Reactions: Tunak23 and Nixi~

RoladNix224

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I have a question, would people prefer a chapter select system? Choices are important but I would imagine people would want to focus on one main character than another

aaaammar

Jan 11, 2021
I have a question, would people prefer a chapter select system? Choices are important but I would imagine people would want to focus on one main character than another
I think that'd be dope, but would that mean that you would need to start a new game for each character?

RoladNix224

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I think that'd be dope, but would that mean that you would need to start a new game for each character?
Well, yes and no. What I mean is right now each character gets an Introduction chapter and there are four in total, then once those are done you can follow whoever you want. I have been thinking a lot on how to make this as make this the most enjoyable experience for people.

aaaammar

Jan 11, 2021
Well, yes and no. What I mean is right now each character gets an Introduction chapter and there are four in total, then once those are done you can follow whoever you want. I have been thinking a lot on how to make this as make this the most enjoyable experience for people.
Yea man, do whatever u think is best, looking forward to the next update

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes