Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I loaded my next most previous save on Day 15 with Beth and that immediately broke, so I must've somehow corrupted my save. Not sure how, but I'll start a new save and let you know if I run into more issues. Loaded back a bit further and the movie theatre event with Summer was broken too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is super weird, and I really I wish I had a better handle on why it's happening. I do have an advanced suggestion that might fix it for you, but it also might do nothing.

If you're willing to try, you can enable the console and past the following command:
Code:
tracker_setup(tracker)
This won't reset past choices, it will simply add any missing ones. I don't have super high hopes for it, as this runs every time you transition between days, but it's the only other thing I can think of and sometimes just opening the console window is enough to get stuff like this to fix itself.

thewavyd

Jul 23, 2020
I sped through a new save and haven't been having errors. The only thing I've noticed is Morticia's birth control options seem to change on their own. I chose yes for bc, but in the bathroom she tells Summer I told her no, then next sex encounter she says she's not on it. But then if you click the Actually option you change it back, but then if you scroll back you see the opposite dialogue choice. Not sure if I'm making much sense or if its replicable.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I sped through a new save and haven't been having errors. The only thing I've noticed is Morticia's birth control options seem to change on their own. I chose yes for bc, but in the bathroom she tells Summer I told her no, then next sex encounter she says she's not on it. But then if you click the Actually option you change it back, but then if you scroll back you see the opposite dialogue choice. Not sure if I'm making much sense or if its replicable.
I will go through and double check her birth control flags and see if they got mucked up (likely) somehow. Just to make sure I have the steps right:
  • After her first sex scene, choose BC Yes. (and she tells Summer she isn't on it)
  • After the roleplay scene, she says she isn't on it, Click the "Actually..." option so she is BC Yes
  • Rollback and her dialogue is different?
I'll check it out.

Good news (relatively speaking) I think I found the cause of the error (it is a scoping issue). Bad news, I think the fix requires wiping out everyone's saves... so... I really, really, really, don't want to go that route if I can find a better solution.

Reactions: thewavyd

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
The original game but with a lot of fixes, and some new scenes that, actually would be in the original, but with all the strange bugs the original has, I can't even know if they are new or they were there but I couldn't see them for a bug stoping my progress, this game is what it should be originaly, amazing job, I rater play this instead of the original haha, and I forgot to mention the new dialogue, the ones in the original are good as they are, I started skipping them in this version, but once I noticed they are different but hilarious, I started all over again, really great job, a fan of this haha
Share the sentiment - utterly unexpected Pickle Rick cameo in a scene i had already seen in the original made me laugh so hard.

Reactions: Robert rivers

GRRRam

Nov 12, 2020
this is the log I got, not sure which is the error or the problem hope anyoine can help

thanks

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.31s
Early init took 0.04s
Loader init took 0.22s
Loading error handling took 0.83s
Loading script took 15.10s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.07s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 4, 4)
- Init at renpy/common/00images.rpy:52 took 0.44502 s.
- Init at game/scripts/images_scenes.rpy:2087 took 0.37902 s.
Running init code took 1.85s
Loading analysis data took 0.23s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.24s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.38s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: "Couldn't load nvlib." (can be ignored)
Creating interface object took 0.06s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.63s
Build styles took 0.01s
Load screen analysis took 0.04s
Analyze screens took 0.05s
Save screen analysis took 0.13s
Prepare screens took 0.15s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.30s
Running _start took 0.00s
Performance test:
Interface start took 1.66s

Initializing gl renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1366, 768)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
UGUU couldn't find glBeginTransformFeedback: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glBindBufferBase: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glBindBufferRange: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glBindFramebuffer: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glBindRenderbuffer: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glBindVertexArray: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glClearBufferfi: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glClearBufferfv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glClearBufferiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glClearBufferuiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glDeleteVertexArrays: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glEndTransformFeedback: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glFlushMappedBufferRange: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glFramebufferTextureLayer: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGenVertexArrays: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGetFragDataLocation: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGetIntegeri_v: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGetStringi: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGetTransformFeedbackVarying: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGetUniformuiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGetVertexAttribIiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glGetVertexAttribIuiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glIsVertexArray: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glMapBufferRange: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glRenderbufferStorageMultisample: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glTransformFeedbackVaryings: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform1ui: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform1uiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform2ui: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform2uiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform3ui: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform3uiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform4ui: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glUniform4uiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glVertexAttribI4i: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glVertexAttribI4iv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glVertexAttribI4ui: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glVertexAttribI4uiv: No OpenGL context has been made current
UGUU couldn't find glVertexAttribIPointer: No OpenGL context has been made current
The following gl functions are missing:
- glBindFramebuffer

Initializing angle renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1366, 768)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Vendor: 'Google Inc.'
Renderer: 'ANGLE (Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD Direct3D11 vs_4_0 ps_4_0)'
Version: 'OpenGL ES 2.0.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.a4b21cf26074)'
Display Info: None
Number of texture units: 16
Using shader environment.
Using FBO RTT.
Root FBO is: 0
FBO Maximum Texture Size: 2048
Using angle renderer.
Texture testing:
- Hardware max texture size: 8192
- 64px textures work.
- 128px textures work.
- 256px textures work.
- Incorrect pixel color in 512px texture: (0, 0, 0)
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1184, 666) drawable=(1184, 666)
FBO Maximum Texture Size: 2048
Total time until interface ready: 31.9888300896s
FBO Maximum Texture Size: 0
FBO Maximum Texture Size: 0

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
this is the log I got, not sure which is the error or the problem hope anyoine can help

thanks

That is an OpenGL error, it means you don't have the right dependencies installed to run the game. This is running on Renpy 7.4.4, you'll need to check out their website to see what you need to install. Note that other users that have encountered this issue are on version of windows too old to run the latest renpy version.

Bit of a grammatical issue: It should be 'principal', not 'principle' for the guy that runs the school.
Thanks for the spot, I'm in the middle of fixing a huge number of typos throughout. I'll make this correction as well.

GRRRam

Nov 12, 2020
That is an OpenGL error, it means you don't have the right dependencies installed to run the game. This is running on Renpy 7.4.4, you'll need to check out their website to see what you need to install. Note that other users that have encountered this issue are on version of windows too old to run the latest renpy version.

Thanks for the spot, I'm in the middle of fixing a huge number of typos throughout. I'll make this correction as well.

ok, I will try it, thank you for your time

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
BUGFIX r1.5
Nothing ever goes quite as planned, and this sure didn't. While the bugs haven't been the worst, they've not been great either. Hindsight being what it is, I feel like I should have done at least another week of testing but I was just so excited to be feature complete that I rushed the last step.

So, apologies to everyone that this caused troubles for, I promise I will strive to do much better when we get to r2.0.

Sadly this patch does break saves. I really wanted that not to happen because it drives me crazy when games I play erase my saves every freaking update! (one of the reasons I can't stand sandbox games anymore). Unfortunately, to fix the big issue there just didn't seem to be another way to do it. The saves aren't gone and your game preferences should still be remembered, but there is a very high chance that loading old saves will start throwing (ignorable though irritating) errors.

There is some good-ish news here and that is the saves can be "patched" to work, but with a big drawback. See the spoiler below if you want to know how:
(See the main post for download links and change log notes).

• Red Heart
Reactions: thewavyd

LeonJKennedy

DSO Operative
Donor
Mar 15, 2021
Bam! Fixed! Thank you so much for your continued help with this, it really is huge! It was very unlikely I would have been able to find any of these myself. Spelling... is not my strongest skill, I heavily depend on auto correct to find my mistakes, and that can't tell me when I've totally picked the wrong word.

Looking forward to more if you want to keep helping me with this! Well, I mean, realistically, I wish there were no more and it was all correct, but hahaha that's not remotely the case.
It's my pleasure! :)

Jun 24, 2017
I will go through and double check her birth control flags and see if they got mucked up (likely) somehow. Just to make sure I have the steps right:
  • After her first sex scene, choose BC Yes. (and she tells Summer she isn't on it)
  • After the roleplay scene, she says she isn't on it, Click the "Actually..." option so she is BC Yes
  • Rollback and her dialogue is different?
I'll check it out.

Good news (relatively speaking) I think I found the cause of the error (it is a scoping issue). Bad news, I think the fix requires wiping out everyone's saves... so... I really, really, really, don't want to go that route if I can find a better solution.
You shouldn't worry about that go with what's most efficient this is renpy it doesn't take long to speed through all the dialogue choices until you get to where you were.

Jul 9, 2017
Is there any way to avoid the incest in this game? Its an amazing port, and imo much better than the unity one as its streamlined, but the incest kills it for me man.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Is there any way to avoid the incest in this game? Its an amazing port, and imo much better than the unity one as its streamlined, but the incest kills it for me man.
The original has it too, although I did play it up much more here. In fact, one of the reasons I remade this in the first place was Morty calling his mom "Beth" constantly, drove me crazy. Are you asking if there's a way to lessen it back to the Unity game levels? Such as having more "Beth" and less "Mom"?

At the moment, the answer is no. The only family "name" control currently in the game is the twin stuff (which can be toggled off in game and preferences).

Remember that this is not a sandbox and not a branching game, there is one story. It's more or less a very fancy gallery rip.

I did put in skip menus throughout most of the game that should let you avoid watching any scenes you're not interested in. Although be warned that Beth, Summer, and Morticia make up large portions of the content.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Rick and Morty: Another Way Home [r1.5] [Night Mirror] crunched

Original Size PC (Win/Linux): 939 MB
Original Size Mac: 904 MB

Compressed Size PC (Win/Linux): 581 MB
RMAWH-r1.5-pc-crunched.zip:

Compressed Size Mac: 546 MB
RMAWH-r1.5-pc-crunched.zip:

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v2.1 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
I was reading the FAQ and damn
>how hard can it possibly be to port it over? 6 months later and I'm finally posted version 1.
>I actually never intended to share it, but then I figured, eh, why not? So here it is...

6 MONTHS? That is a hell of a pet project, bless your soul. I was about to hassle the thread with pointless questions like "when it comes 2.0?" "what scenes from the original game are missing?". But I don't care.

I don't even care if you continue to update it, what is here is already golden. I just hope you don't get in trouble with the original creator, from what I read, this came from the heart with no second interests.

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes