Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
At day 36 the screen goes black and then it crashes
Well, currently the game only has 35 days, so that might be your first issue there. What did you do to get to day 36? (that sounds like a bug)

Edit: I haven't been able to reproduce it yet, but a temporary fix should be using chapter select of do over to jump to day 35 (where you were supposed to go anyhow if the day jump hadn't broken).

Last edited:

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Does it have a decent amount of it or is it only a few scenes irrelevant to the plot?
The dildo and bracelet are kind of relevant to the plot, as they help contribute to and explain the Summer and Beth storylines a bit.
P.S. The bracelet can also come into play with Jessica, if you choose to use it.

camdanryeker

Jul 2, 2020
I'm not sure she is a virgin in the original? Or at least I don't recall her mentioning it (very few characters other than Tricia bring it up). I'll be honest that I didn't really give Nancy much thought :unsure:
Yeah, at least when I played through it, she didn't have experience with any guy although the dialogue could have changed since I last played that scene (I can always double check). I do remember that you didn't "break" her virginity, per se (there is no blood).

camdanryeker

Jul 2, 2020
In the OP, under Genre Details, there is a list of all scenes where the "mind control" tag is relevant (along with most other major tags people have asked about)
Yeah, I've got to give you credit and say that the fact that you allow to switch choices you made in the past is a totally awesome feature. I hate having to replay the same thing over and over again to get different options.

pinkandbrown

Oct 27, 2019
Thank you so much for doing this work!!

I completely fail to see the point of having sandbox mechanism in an adult game like this... it just kills the mood, defeating the entire purpose of creating such a game in the first place.

10/10 for converting this, thank you again :-D.

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
I completely fail to see why it's called a sandbox in the first place, this has confused me to no end.

A sandbox to me is something completely different....

But for some people it's the prefered way to play, it adds the illusion of greater control and boosts
anticipation (which can be a greater turnon than the endresult).

Considering how broken the original has been for quite some time, I give you that it had been better
if it had been coded in a more linear fashion.

Consider this though, if the original had been made bug free - we wouldn't have this awesome version ;)

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4 What and When?

It's the time again! The latest version is live, no real game breaking bugs (outside of something strange on android that I can't reproduce... sigh android...). It's time to talk about what's next, and when?!!?!?!

When first. As always, this is a guess. I don't have any insider info here, just what I read on these forums and from past experiences. Ferdafs tends to release new content every two months, so, December is my guess for the next update.

Now, you might be thinking, wait, that's three months, not two. And I would say, yes, but Ferdafs version came out on the 13th, and my update four days later on the 17th. That already puts us about halfway through September, and I think we will most likely have some more slippage into the next update as well. Again, that is all just a guess. It could be November or January for all I really know.

I also have a request for anyone reading this. If you have found spelling/typos/grammatical mistakes or any other issue from ANYWHERE in the game please let me know. Several people have indicated that they have encountered them, but then NOT told me what they are!!! (which has been very frustrating). I'll do my best to fix issues, but I'm just one person and my ability to QC my own work is limited.

I'm gonna get to the "What" in a second, but again, a quick reminder of two things. I am not an artist, and for lots of reasons previously stated (you can do a search in thread if you really want to know), I'm not adding new scenes (at least for now). Edits yes, new scenes no.

The second thing to keep in mind is that the amount of edits I feel can be added to the game is dwindling. This is not a surprise for me (and hopefully not for others). There are a limited number of scenes, and a limited number of those can be edited in a meaningful way. At some point, this project will enter into a maintenance only mode for me, where I just add in the new content.

For the moment, I am still considering what if any of the items from the request list I want to take on. I know that is an unsatisfying answer, but it is the best one I have right now. Remember that again, I am doing this project for fun (and for free), and working on it has to be fun. So, the scenes I'm going to pick are ones that sound like fun or are really easy to slip in (that's what she said).

I do also expect this next month to be very busy for me, limiting the time I can spend on this project.

Don't fret too badly, I do intent to keep this game up to date as quickly as I can when the next burst of content arrives from Ferdafs. But, my own additions to past scenes will be more limited, since I've done pretty much most of what I really wanted to do to them already.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Several people have indicated that they have encountered them, but then NOT told me what they are!!! (which has been very frustrating)
Yea, I'm one of those people. To be honest there are no major text problems, I can only think of a couple of minor ones, and maybe a couple of slight rewordings I'd suggest. I've kind of been too busy enjoying this update to list them. I love the new Beth scenes, and the changes you made.

Here's one that I can remember ... in the cinema, Morty says to Beth "I've try to recreate this feeling ... "

"I've tried to" or "I try to" would be better, I prefer the latter.

I'll try :sneaky: to get back to you with any others soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Yea, I'm one of those people.
Lol, well not just you :p and it's not meant to be a statement towards anyone. It's more like cry for help, this thread is my QC team after all (yay early access!). It's a general trend I've seen (in all my writing, not just here), of people saying: "it's good (or I hate it) except for some typos or grammatical issues." Then not sighting examples, as if just knowing they exist will magically help me find them! :LOL: Spoiler, I always know they exist, if I could find them I would fix them. :giggle:

That being said, thank you very much! I like "I try to..." better as well as it implies he still intends to keep using his mom as masturbation material as opposed to just a one off.

Also, corrected a few lines in Beth's "Comfort" scene I spotted. One of a line duplication around age (when Morty's age is 35) and the other a duplicate word that got left in from editing "I say should say..."

Let me know if you find/have more. It's not super critical any of these get fixed, but I would like to fix them. And you've got some time before the next update, but I would appreciate it if the corrections from this version didn't come in the night before I post the next version (or the day after :p)

Also, also, Beth's "Comfort" scene is my favorite of the update, and I too really like the changes I made. That's uh, cough, how I spotted the typos in the scene from playing it several times now.

Reactions: wibbled

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
"I try to..." better as well as it implies he still intends to keep using his mom as masturbation material as opposed to just a one off.
That's exactly why I prefer "I try too" :)

Also, corrected ... "I say should say..."
I had spotted that one too, but it had slipped my mind. It's so easy to miss ones like that. Our brains often ignore them and see them as they should be, and it's harder to spot them when you're the one working on it. There is a thing artists do where they flip images, to see it from a different perspective, as it helps spot errors, but obviously not possible with text, unless you're a genius like Leonardo da Vinci who could read and write mirrored text.

Also, also, Beth's "Comfort" scene is my favorite of the update, and I too really like the changes I made. That's uh, cough, how I spotted the typos in the scene from playing it several times now.
It's quickly becoming the scene I've watched most, in the whole VN so far. :D If I was writing it, I might have changed a few words that Beth uses, to make her even more slutty, but I know that wouldn't be everyone's choice, and I'm perfectly happy with the way it is just now. Plus, it leaves room for Beth's dirty talk to become more slutty, the more she realises that she wants him, and stops trying to make excuses. I can't wait to see where Ferdaf takes the Morty/Beth relationship next, but I guess that won't be the next update. Hopefully the next update will have some good Summer(s) stuff. We are still to get a scene with Wild Summer watching Morty have sex with someone else, which could be good.

Reactions: Night Mirror
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes