Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.5 Progress Report #5 - MAR 23 @ 22:00 UTC (Task List)
Slicing is chugging along (Chudily-Duddily-Done-Done-Done!). Just finished up images for scene two (also a pain in the butt, one character has elaborate eyelids that just take so much extra effort to make). Moving right along into the next scene, have a feeling today is going to be very long...

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey @Night Mirror, it's been awhile since I did a scene edit request. So if you have time, would you kindly do an Anal option for Morticia's Towel Fuck scene?
Added to the Request List, but there is a big asterisk on it. Not for this update (already too much other stuff) and this is an animated scene, so I'll have to review it and make sure it can fit (that's what she said). But off the top of my head, I think it could work.

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
r3.5 Progress Report #4 - MAR 23 @ 12:30 UTC (Task List)
In the unlikely event I finish all the image prep, I'll start in on the scene work tomorrow (haha, no likely). A good average is about 100 lines of text every two hours, this update is about 2,600 lines so 26 * 2 = 52ish hrs of programming work ahead of me (once the images are ready (and my monkey math says if I can keep pace that is about 40ish images an hour, 730ish scene images to go (not counting character work, that is WAY longer), so about 18ish hours of slicing tomorrow... yay, I can't wait...)).
Dude, i dod not know how BIG thx i wanna say tou you! ♥
You are realy going is amyzing WORK alone!
Unity is Fucking Shit to crearte VN like this game and very hardly to Translete,
cus it need have knowlege how-to-do-it and RenPy have many tools to crateate Translete very fast....

Plus, only you have RePlay room what not have original game
and if i wanna somothing re-edit for this game or just make Mod in Unity i need have IO 200+ to know how-to-do-it LOL :)

Reactions: Night Mirror

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
Added to the Request List, but there is a big asterisk on it. Not for this update (already too much other stuff) and this is an animated scene, so I'll have to review it and make sure it can fit (that's what she said). But off the top of my head, I think it could work.
Excuse me NightMirror but would it be possible to add an option to actually cum inside the CHUD princess? I know Morty not is somewhat part of the story of the entire event but i acutally rather enjoyed the scene and felt it was just missing that little option to make it really great you could say.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Excuse me NightMirror but would it be possible to add an option to actually cum inside the CHUD princess? I know Morty not is somewhat part of the story of the entire event but i acutally rather enjoyed the scene and felt it was just missing that little option to make it really great you could say.
Should be a pretty easy edit to make. I'll see if I can get it in when I start working on the scene (that's what she said)

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
BTW, can you add somothing like *new* tag in replay room, soo we can see new scenes fastly if brain too old to remamaba last seen? :D

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
BTW, can you add somothing like *new* tag in replay room, soo we can see new scenes fastly if brain too old to remamaba last seen? :D
I'll think about a new tag to the gallery (too big a change this time around, but adapt use the Do Over new tag system).

I don't quite understand this dialogue. What do you mean, add? Do you personally add or redraw scenes?
Yeah, I have added a bunch of stuff to this game, mostly in alternate endings to scenes. Almost any time you have a choice as how to finish a scene, that's me adding it in. In this case I'll most likely use a still of the last image in the animation and add some cum. It's nothing fancy, just get's the idea across.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.5 Progress Report #6 - MAR 24 @ 02:55 UTC (Task List)
Scene 3 slicing done! Just past the halfway point now for getting all the images ready! It has been a lot more effort than I was thinking it would be, but the benefits are well worth it. Before slicing, scene 3 was almost 200mbs (180~ish something I didn't write it down like a dumb numb), after slicing and without compression, it's 27mbs. Also, all the blinks!

That second thing is actually what is taking the most time (the slicing and exporting part is actually pretty darn fast). Previously, in the last update, adding blinks wasn't too bad since the characters didn't have lashes (except for Beth). This time every scene so far has had lashes in it! So it's not just click, fill, draw a half closed line, erase, bam done. It lots of extra little detail that is just wrecking me. Still... worth it imo, it makes the game feel so much more alive for really just a few extra hours of effort.

Anyhow... On to the next scene. I'm pretty sure slicing is going to take the rest of my day here (I've been at it for 10hrs so far, and I expect at least another 6).

Jayman69

Sep 21, 2017
r3.5 Progress Report #6 - MAR 24 @ 02:55 UTC (Task List)
Scene 3 slicing done! Just past the halfway point now for getting all the images ready! It has been a lot more effort than I was thinking it would be, but the benefits are well worth it. Before slicing, scene 3 was almost 200mbs (180~ish something I didn't write it down like a dumb numb), after slicing and without compression, it's 27mbs. Also, all the blinks!

That second thing is actually what is taking the most time (the slicing and exporting part is actually pretty darn fast). Previously, in the last update, adding blinks wasn't too bad since the characters didn't have lashes (except for Beth). This time every scene so far has had lashes in it! So it's not just click, fill, draw a half closed line, erase, bam done. It lots of extra little detail that is just wrecking me. Still... worth it imo, it makes the game feel so much more alive for really just a few extra hours of effort.

Anyhow... On to the next scene. I'm pretty sure slicing is going to take the rest of my day here (I've been at it for 10hrs so far, and I expect at least another 6).
Dude, I'm not lying when I say you fricken awesome! You took a cool game and turned it into an amazing game. I was really getting frustrated with the original cause it was just all over the place. Then I came across your version and holy shit what a difference. At first I was confused as to why there was a fucked up version and then a kick ass version. I thought it was from the same creator. Then I realized what you were doing and damn, this is one my favorite Ren'py games now. I'm not about Patreon and all that other subscription BS, but I'd love to "buy you a 12 pack of beer" or coffee or whatever to show my appreciation. do you have a donate button somewhere?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Dude, I'm not lying when I say you fricken awesome! You took a cool game and turned it into an amazing game. I was really getting frustrated with the original cause it was just all over the place. Then I came across your version and holy shit what a difference. At first I was confused as to why there was a fucked up version and then a kick ass version. I thought it was from the same creator. Then I realized what you were doing and damn, this is one my favorite Ren'py games now. I'm not about Patreon and all that other subscription BS, but I'd love to "buy you a 12 pack of beer" or coffee or whatever to show my appreciation. do you have a donate button somewhere?
I'm glad you're enjoying it! Always great to hear when someone likes my work! (not as great to hear when people hate my work, but I mean, it is the internet, so there will always be someone).

Unfortunately, I am not accepting donations for this project (for a number of reasons). The very short version is, even with the effort I'm putting in, at the end of the day it is still someone else's game and it feels super scrummy profit off it (also, then it is a job, instead a fun side project)).

If you really want to donate, I would ask you consider a sub to Ferdafs pateron instead. It dose seem counter intuitive, but my version would not, and cannot continue to exist without the work Ferdafs does. So in a way, you are helping me, it just takes some time to get back.

Apr 29, 2017
Unfortunately, I am not accepting donations for this project (for a number of reasons). The very short version is, even with the effort I'm putting in, at the end of the day it is still someone else's game and it feels super scrummy profit off it (also, then it is a job, instead a fun side project)).

If you really want to donate, I would ask you consider a sub to Ferdafs pateron instead. It dose seem counter intuitive, but my version would not, and cannot continue to exist without the work Ferdafs does. So in a way, you are helping me, it just takes some time to get back.
Yet another reason why a lot of us think you are amazingly awesome. If you didn't already have my respect, those humble sentiments alone would have earned it regardless. Thank you for the time, effort, and everything else you put into this fan-remake.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.5 Progress Report #7 - MAR 24 @ 06:10 UTC (Task List)
Scene 4 of 5 image slicing done! I did cheat a bit here, the original had a bunch of talkie images with different Mortys. Instead of using the images I'm going to use models instead to recreate that part of the scene (since I have all the costumes). This cut out a whole bunch of redundant images, but the end result should be the same. It is more work for me as I now have to "animate" five characters instead of just say, show next image, but its minor. And big space saving! From 94mb down to 9mb, again, without compression!

Also did a bit of costume work. Put together all the side characters and one main characters new outfits (Beth), but still a more to go.

Anyhow... On to the last scene, it's the biggest of them, so I expect it to take a while. Will put out another progress report when I finish that up, then tomorrow onto actual scene work! Yay!

Last edited:

monopz

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah this version is the ideal one, I could see what the original was going for but that version is buggier and it does feel a bit disjointed at times.

I have completely given up on playing the original and just now wait for updates on this version. Keep up the good work Night Mirror it's amazing that you do all this without any compensation or donations.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.5 Progress Report #8 - MAR 24 @ 10:05 UTC (Task List)
Okay image slicing completed, YAY! Technically there is a bit more to go, I stopped doing blinks about halfway through the last scene just because it was slowing me down so much. It's ANOTHER character with stupidly complex eyelids in almost every image. There just had to be one in every scene this time around, what a pain!

For now, I'll leave it as an issue for future me to sort out, cuze fuck that guy. What has future me ever done for current me?! Nothing (yet), that's right!

In the process of making a project backup (after all I just spent 30hrs slicing images, not risking losing that...) and duplicating it onsite and off as the last thing before I call it a night.

Unfortunately, the new few days are pretty busy for me, so I'm not sure how much time I can give to the project (that is why I switched the date into TBD). I'll do my best to squeeze time in when I can, but sadly, real work takes priority. I wish the update had arrived sooner as I had a bunch of free time earlier this month... But what can I do...

All I can really say is I think it is highly unlikely I'll have it done by March 30th, as much as I'd like to. I will keep you guys updated as I make progress, and give you as much info as I have.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes