Mar 24, 2020
Glad you found it, and hope you enjoy! While it's not a clone of the original, I have put a fair bit of effort into making it the best I can. And, don't worry, you're not the first to miss the similar threads section. But at least it sounds like you had a fun journey getting here :D
Yeah it was quite the journey xD
I tried the Unity version with Wine and got through the Intro, but the game always bugged out.
When I tried your version today I went through the intro again to see if there any changes and I already found it
more hilarious then the original, so I'm glad I found your version ;)

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Is there any point in the birth control factor? I mean, does anything change if they don't take it?
At the moment it is only flavor text (characters will make comments based on if you asked them to take it or not). For now at least, none of the main girls can get pregnant as that isn't in the Unity game yet.

Reactions: Zanehere

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
Night Mirror lol I just noticed you added a scene to day 27.

Anyway. . . I have a weird request.

Could you not add any Morticia scenes for days 29 to 32? I know it sounds weird as fuck, but I'd be fine if you did more scenes for her on other days. I wanna eventually do something, that having Morticia be unavailable on those specific days (amazing coincidence), would add some continuity and depth to kinda.
so consider it please.

Sneak peak of the Sex UI so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror lol I just noticed you added a scene to day 27.

Anyway. . . I have a weird request.

Could you not add any Morticia scenes for days 29 to 32? I know it sounds weird as fuck, but I'd be fine if you did more scenes for her on other days. I wanna eventually do something, that having Morticia be unavailable on those specific days (amazing coincidence), would add some continuity and depth to kinda.
so consider it please.

Sneak peak of the Sex UI so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, the new scene was in my change log :whistle:

At the moment I'm not planning to put any new scenes (for anyone) in days 29-32 (or honestly any past days right now). The new Morticia scene got added to day 27 because the original scene there felt... counter to how Morty would be acting (and more than a few people pointed out they didn't like ditching her right after they finally started sharing a bed).

So... you should be good to do more scenes in that range (or anywhere else) in past days. I'd just say give me a heads up first (here or in PM if you prefer) to make sure we aren't in conflict with content. Although, there isn't really a lot of room for her in most of those days as Morty spends a big part of 3 of them in another universe.

As to rollback, that is indeed a tricky one, since you aren't doing linear progression but animation options. As I haven't really implemented anything of that nature I can't really speak to it, but I'm glad you figured it out. I'm sure it will be fun porting it over...

Also, the UI is looking good!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
???

It should literally just be a drag and drop if I do my job correctly. Or are you talking about the Renpy update? God, I hope that doesn't fuck with the UI. XD
It can't be drag an drop as I'm doing (have mostly done) a fairly major overhaul of the file structure. I will have to make some adjustments to image/animation locations at the very least. Additionally, since I'm doing slicing, much of the code in day 12 is changing (mostly to do with image names and line numbers), which means, while your scene should still work just fine, I won't be able to just copy paste it, I'll have to slip it in (that's what she said).

Mostly, it will be a code merge handled by the VCS I'm using, but I'll still have to review and approve the implementation of the new code.

I doubt that 7.4.11 will have any affect on the UI, but you can upgrade your dev platform to the same version and the project should work just fine.

Just pop this:
Python:
define config.gl2 = False
into the scripts.rpy (I put it as the first line under General Vars) to ensure it doesn't start using the model render.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.6 - What and When?
I realize I forgot to do a "What and When" post about the plans for r3.6 as I normally do a few days after release. I did the whole big post about slicing, and in my brain, it thought those were equivalent. So... Better late than never? Actually, as I have extra info, I guess late is better in this case (also, not sure if any of this is helpful for anyone... but I like doing them, so...)

As always, the "When" first. For the last couple of updates we've fallen into a three month schedule, and I'm guessing it will be similar here. As much as I'd love an update at the end of May (holy shit it's almost May), my guess is most likely the end of June or... mid to late July... Again, that's mostly on Ferdafs, so we just have to wait and see.

Next onto the what, because it's sort of a big "what". I've already talked about slicing a lot (and you can see more of it here if you aren't sick of it (I know I am)), but while there is a lot of work there, it's not exactly exciting news. Slow progress and even with two months, I'm not sure I'll finish it all before the next update. The main goal is to hit the biggest scenes, and that may be good enough for the time being.

If I do manage to finish enough of it, the current plan is to release an optional uncompressed image pack for those who want it. No idea on the size yet, but the main download will still be compressed (and hopefully smaller).

Onto the more interesting stuff! Well, actually the more frustrating part first.

ALL old saves will be delete with the next update.

Yes... I know... I'm sorry... It may not seem like it, but I really don't want to keep having save issues. I am really hoping this is the last time I fuck with your saves at this scale.

The slicing process is pretty much going to ruin all old saves (since files are being moved and renamed, almost no save is safe (the few I have gotten to work were janky and problematic)). So, possibly to much ire, I have rolled the save state folder forward to clear all old saves (so you won't manually have to delete them). Yes, that means once again, you'll have to start a fresh game.

I'm really, really, hoping this is the last time I have to do this (I can't see any more big changes with this sort of impact in the future, no more image reworks, or text overhauls, or shit like that). So, again, sorry in advance. I know it sucks. It always frustrates me when devs wipe out my saves (a lot of the time seemingly for no reason) and force me to restart (in those cases I usually open up the renpy code and just console command my way to scenes). So once more, I do apologize for this major inconvenience.

Hopefully I have included enough tools (like Day Selector and Do Over) to help you quickly get back into the action. Or to get to any day you want to make new saves on.

Which brings us into new features:

First up, a fairly minor quality of life change:
wip_3.6_main_menu.png
Day Selector will now be available right from the main menu! No more need to start a new game or load up a save, the button is there from the start, and you will be able to click on the newest day (or wherever you want to go).

And speaking of tampering with saves:
wip_3.6_saves.png
I have substantially increased the number of save slots per page from 6 to 25. Thumbnails are a bit smaller, but still easily identifiable (at least I think so), and save date and name text have been moved inside the thumbnail to match the astatic of the rest of the game.

(Fun quick aside, I had a huge amount of trouble getting the green boxes to resize correctly. After many wasted hours, I finally realized it was the default green background that was the issue. It had a built in transparent area for the text at the bottom, so when I changed its display size in renpy, it kept shrinking smaller than I expected but still being larger than the actually button! Damn you default assets!)

Lastly, as part of the major systems overhaul, I give you the first look at Do Over 2.0 (just called Do Over in game):
wip_3.6_doover_morty.png wip_3.6_doover_beth.png wip_3.6_doover_wild.png
As with everything, this is still a work in progress. I'm not completely happy with text position, size, functionality, and some layout aspects, but this is the basic concept up and running. I'm also uncertain about the bio blurb. It's a good space filler, but also feels unnecessary. I might make it more story focused and based on the day you are in instead (That's a fuck lot of text to write, so maybe not), I'm not sure yet. Feedback would be great though!

In addition to pages for each character (not all, the game has 55 character models, not counting variants (like other Mortys), and only 22 (mostly fuckable or main) are included here), you will also be able to set and toggle several tracker stats that weren't accessible before. Additionally, you'll also be able to edit age for any of these characters (some ages appear in game if you have ages toggled on, and some (mostly side characters) are just flavor text on this page). You can now also independently set relationship (family wording) values for the variant Beth(s) and Summer(s) (also settable via normal gameplay when you first encounter those characters).

Character specific scenes (really only Wild Summer at the moment) will now go under their variant, and will include a text blurb (still work in progress) to help remind you what the toggle options are for.

Again, I'd love to hear some feedback about this page (and any other changes) and know what you all think.

I do have a few minor scenes already underway (one at the end of day 37 expanding on the previous scene and (at least for the moment) containing a possible major story choice (which will be added to the Do Over page if I keep it)), and some additional requested dialog at the end of "Not the Bees". Mostly though, scenes are going to be scant from me this time again as I power through the slicing work.

Thanks for reading! Thanks for playing! Stay awesome!

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
r3.6 - What and When?
I realize I forgot to do a "What and When" post about the plans for r3.6 as I normally do a few days after release. I did the whole big post about slicing, and in my brain, it thought those were equivalent. So... Better late than never? Actually, as I have extra info, I guess late is better in this case (also, not sure if any of this is helpful for anyone... but I like doing them, so...)

As always, the "When" first. For the last couple of updates we've fallen into a three month schedule, and I'm guessing it will be similar here. As much as I'd love an update at the end of May (holy shit it's almost May), my guess is most likely the end of June or... mid to late July... Again, that's mostly on Ferdafs, so we just have to wait and see.

Next onto the what, because it's sort of a big "what". I've already talked about slicing a lot (and you can see more of it here if you aren't sick of it (I know I am)), but while there is a lot of work there, it's not exactly exciting news. Slow progress and even with two months, I'm not sure I'll finish it all before the next update. The main goal is to hit the biggest scenes, and that may be good enough for the time being.

If I do manage to finish enough of it, the current plan is to release an optional uncompressed image pack for those who want it. No idea on the size yet, but the main download will still be compressed (and hopefully smaller).

Onto the more interesting stuff! Well, actually the more frustrating part first.

ALL old saves will be delete with the next update.

Yes... I know... I'm sorry... It may not seem like it, but I really don't want to keep having save issues. I am really hoping this is the last time I fuck with your saves at this scale.

The slicing process is pretty much going to ruin all old saves (since files are being moved and renamed, almost no save is safe (the few I have gotten to work were janky and problematic)). So, possibly to much ire, I have rolled the save state folder forward to clear all old saves (so you won't manually have to delete them). Yes, that means once again, you'll have to start a fresh game.

I'm really, really, hoping this is the last time I have to do this (I can't see any more big changes with this sort of impact in the future, no more image reworks, or text overhauls, or shit like that). So, again, sorry in advance. I know it sucks. It always frustrates me when devs wipe out my saves (a lot of the time seemingly for no reason) and force me to restart (in those cases I usually open up the renpy code and just console command my way to scenes). So once more, I do apologize for this major inconvenience.

Hopefully I have included enough tools (like Day Selector and Do Over) to help you quickly get back into the action. Or to get to any day you want to make new saves on.

Which brings us into new features:

First up, a fairly minor quality of life change:
View attachment 1770836
Day Selector will now be available right from the main menu! No more need to start a new game or load up a save, the button is there from the start, and you will be able to click on the newest day (or wherever you want to go).

And speaking of tampering with saves:
View attachment 1770837
I have substantially increased the number of save slots per page from 6 to 25. Thumbnails are a bit smaller, but still easily identifiable (at least I think so), and save date and name text have been moved inside the thumbnail to match the astatic of the rest of the game.

(Fun quick aside, I had a huge amount of trouble getting the green boxes to resize correctly. After many wasted hours, I finally realized it was the default green background that was the issue. It had a built in transparent area for the text at the bottom, so when I changed its display size in renpy, it kept shrinking smaller than I expected but still being larger than the actually button! Damn you default assets!)

Lastly, as part of the major systems overhaul, I give you the first look at Do Over 2.0 (just called Do Over in game):
View attachment 1770835 View attachment 1770834 View attachment 1770876
As with everything, this is still a work in progress. I'm not completely happy with text position, size, functionality, and some layout aspects, but this is the basic concept up and running. I'm also uncertain about the bio blurb. It's a good space filler, but also feels unnecessary. I might make it more story focused and based on the day you are in instead (That's a fuck lot of text to write, so maybe not), I'm not sure yet. Feedback would be great though!

In addition to pages for each character (not all, the game has 55 character models, not counting variants (like other Mortys), and only 22 (mostly fuckable or main) are included here), you will also be able to set and toggle several tracker stats that weren't accessible before. Additionally, you'll also be able to edit age for any of these characters (some ages appear in game if you have ages toggled on, and some (mostly side characters) are just flavor text on this page). You can now also independently set relationship (family wording) values for the variant Beth(s) and Summer(s) (also settable via normal gameplay when you first encounter those characters).

Character specific scenes (really only Wild Summer at the moment) will now go under their variant, and will include a text blurb (still work in progress) to help remind you what the toggle options are for.

Again, I'd love to hear some feedback about this page (and any other changes) and know what you all think.

I do have a few minor scenes already underway (one at the end of day 37 expanding on the previous scene and (at least for the moment) containing a possible major story choice (which will be added to the Do Over page if I keep it)), and some additional requested dialog at the end of "Not the Bees". Mostly though, scenes are going to be scant from me this time again as I power through the slicing work.

Thanks for reading! Thanks for playing! Stay awesome!
nice. what new scenes can we exspect?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So, this is another post about slicing (skip it if you want) but I had a huge breakthrough today (and I need to share it). I've been doing slicing mostly by hand, because, well, I'm dumb, that's the short answer.

The longer answer was that it never occurred to me to write a programmatic solution for it until today. A process that should have taken me (well all day, but I wasted that figuring out the code to do it (of course, now I can use it on ALL the scenes I have to slice which will make things SO much faster)), took about 2 minutes to process 300 images.

It's not perfect and some I'll need to give additional work on, but pretty darn close. Additionally, I still need to draw all the eye blinks still (no good way to automate that). But, uh, yeah, holy shit, this is a huge game changer for me.

Anyhow... gonna go play with my new code and slice up the whole game with a few key strokes.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Compressed version please? Couldn't see if there was any
Asked and answered several times:
The game is already using the highest compression level I can. Compressing additional times won't really make it much smaller, but it will significantly reduce image quality for no gains.

Here are the actual sizes of the uncompressed files:
1648748020394.png
1648748056387.png

But, you are in luck (sort of). For the next version r3.6, I do intend to slice the majority of images, which will yield significant size reduction on image file sizes (video can't really be reduced much more). I'm not sure how much yet, but I am expecting a pretty big reduction of at least 200-400mb.

It's a big game, I can only make 16,000 files so small.

MadCat138

Apr 24, 2022
Hello. I must say that I really enjoyed the new 3.5 version of the game and I would like to request if you could update one of the newest scenes in day 37. I am talking about the "shower spy" scene. I think that the scene is a bit pathethic for the potential that it has. I think it should be a great idea to make it animated or atleast move a little because it feels weird that they are just standing there without doing any movement and changing only their facial expression. And I think there could be a "pullout" and "inside" option at the end. I am really looking up for your response and I hope you will agree.

Reactions: Night Mirror
Sep 11, 2021
So, this is another post about slicing (skip it if you want) but I had a huge breakthrough today (and I need to share it). I've been doing slicing mostly by hand, because, well, I'm dumb, that's the short answer.

The longer answer was that it never occurred to me to write a programmatic solution for it until today. A process that should have taken me (well all day, but I wasted that figuring out the code to do it (of course, now I can use it on ALL the scenes I have to slice which will make things SO much faster)), took about 2 minutes to process 300 images.

It's not perfect and some I'll need to give additional work on, but pretty darn close. Additionally, I still need to draw all the eye blinks still (no good way to automate that). But, uh, yeah, holy shit, this is a huge game changer for me.

Anyhow... gonna go play with my new code and slice up the whole game with a few key strokes.
Awesome. Will you be uploading the game in a newer version then? Or will this be for the next update?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hello. I must say that I really enjoyed the new 3.5 version of the game and I would like to request if you could update one of the newest scenes in day 37. I am talking about the "shower spy" scene. I think that the scene is a bit pathethic for the potential that it has. I think it should be a great idea to make it animated or atleast move a little because it feels weird that they are just standing there without doing any movement and changing only their facial expression. And I think there could be a "pullout" and "inside" option at the end. I am really looking up for your response and I hope you will agree.
Sadly, full animation is beyond my ability to make (I was barely able to motivate myself to just do the simple stills for that scene). I do agree it would be way better animated (and with a few additional angles (and a whole sub element where Summer actually joined in)), but, I am limited by my own... well, limited art ability.

While this isn't a no (I am adding it to the request list) it is very unlikely unless I am suddenly really motivated for it. And even then it would be little more than a few frames (up, middle, down, similar to other scenes I've added). Same with the finish choice, if I do come back and work on the scene, I'll add an "in" "out" option.

Awesome. Will you be uploading the game in a newer version then? Or will this be for the next update?
While the script makes 1 part of the process much faster (so much faster...), it is still unlikely I'll fully be able to finish the slicing task before the next unity release. In fact, for the moment, to help speed up the process, I'm forgoing drawing blinks (using transparent empty placeholder images for them with the same name), as they can be added fairly easily later on (it just takes me a lot of time to draw them in some cases).

The only "updates" I really want to do (well, I mean, not want... I'd like it to be right the first time) are bug fixes. Any new content, system changes, etc, will only be part of major releases.

(if you are curious about the full slicing process and the time requirement for it see the list below. If not, skip)
  1. Sort images into folders of matching the images (~5 mins)
  2. Rename some images for processing (~5 mins)
  3. Setup script params and Run (~1 min)
  4. Check images for slicing issues (~10mins)
  5. Adjust/Re-slice any problematic images (~1 hr)
  6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 as needed.
  7. Draw Eyelids for each image (~1-5mins per image group, more complex lids (like Beth's) take longer)
  8. Implement Images into the game (~100imgs per hour (this is a total guess, I haven't actually timed myself yet))
  9. Test scene to ensure slicing implemented correctly (~30mins).
  10. Make fixes to images (~however long that takes, then repeat step 7)
As I do it more and more (that's what she said) with the new script I'm sure some parts will get faster or I'll find other optimizations in the process (I just put in another big-ish one today in fact (automatic the creation of the screen display code at the same time I process the images)). At the moment, the slice script is not perfect and I do get some artifacting I have to remove by hand. But it took a process that was taking me 1 or 2 days of work by hand, down to under a minute.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes