wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
One bit of worrying news for fans of the show is that a news item that I saw the other day said that the guy who provides the voices for both Rick And Morty (and IIRC is also an executive producer) has been sacked because he's been convicted of domestic abuse, I think it was. Obviously I don't condone that, but I don't see how the show can continue without him.
Charged, not convicted. The US court system works on the principle of innocent until proven guilty. I admit the charges are serious and if guilty, he deserves the full weight of the law. I'm pretty sure the show will survive without him. I was more worried that Ferdafs was going to quit, and we'd lose any updates to this wonderful game/VN.

Also, this thread is specifically about "Another Way Home", and we should refrain from talking about unrelated stuff.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
The biggest crime ever is that this dimension probably does not have space Beth. So many possibilities with two moms.
IT DOES NOW!!!!!

It will be added on as the last event on the current day (after returning from the Water Park).
I get it, where else it gonna go? But summer water park to Christmas... what did Rick invent a time weather machine?

Seem the people who keeps track of these things have named 'Wild Summer' - Summer Prime.
She's definitely Autumn, the wiki doesn't know what the fuck it's talking about.

One bit of worrying news for fans of the show is that a news item that I saw the other day said that the guy who provides the voices for both Rick And Morty (and IIRC is also an executive producer) has been sacked because he's been convicted of domestic abuse, I think it was. Obviously I don't condone that, but I don't see how the show can continue without him.
It's animated, recasting voices is easy. Now casting voices that can improv like Justin, prolly not (although some of that improv was from drinking and pretty clear now that Roiland prolly has a drinking problem, among other issues). Show will survive, but will probably have at least some of it's edges shaved down... otherwise see immediately below regarding legal issue commentary

Charged, not convicted. The US court system works on the principle of innocent until proven guilty. I admit the charges are serious and if guilty, he deserves the full weight of the law.
Very true, but since he can afford good legal representation that is apparently in the process of negotiating a plea deal, he both prolly did it AND won't get hit with the full weight of the law if plea deal is accepted by court. Doesn't make it right, just how US legal system works... but at least he's getting due process!

bell10

Sep 18, 2017
Dan Harmon will just continue to write the show with the writers he likes. He did a great job running and writing for prior shows and has been writing rick and morty since the start. Really the only reason why Justin got the deal with adult swim was due to Dan loving the show and giving Justin ideas on how to make the show popular to the masses. The most notable was Justin wanted earth to be destroyed after every single episode. He Hated any overarching story, but Dan explained to him that joke would get old fast. You'll notice in Season 1, Justin came in with all his original ideas (and some reskins of shows he tried to start in the past that he never got the funding for cough cough dog world) and that there really is nothing linking the episodes together. As the show progressed into adultswims number 1 show, Dan and other writers started getting more involved and actually did full story boards with planning which resulted in some overarching story to link everything together. long story short expect more of the later season stuff.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Dan Harmon will just continue to write the show with the writers he likes. He did a great job running and writing for prior shows and has been writing rick and morty since the start. Really the only reason why Justin got the deal with adult swim was due to Dan loving the show and giving Justin ideas on how to make the show popular to the masses. The most notable was Justin wanted earth to be destroyed after every single episode. He Hated any overarching story, but Dan explained to him that joke would get old fast. You'll notice in Season 1, Justin came in with all his original ideas (and some reskins of shows he tried to start in the past that he never got the funding for cough cough dog world) and that there really is nothing linking the episodes together. As the show progressed into adultswims number 1 show, Dan and other writers started getting more involved and actually did full story boards with planning which resulted in some overarching story to link everything together. long story short expect more of the later season stuff.
All I know is I’ve watched Solar Opposites, so I know Justin ain’t the secret sauce.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
She's definitely Autumn, the wiki doesn't know what the fuck it's talking about.
^This. It might be a bit on the nose, but Autumn is a perfect name for a more rugged/experienced version of Summer.
There was an bonus scene with Wild Summer at the water park that I started work on with an artist. The scene is fully written and some of the art was in the first phases, but unfortunately the artist vanished on me, so the scene is very incomplete, and unlikely to ever make it into the game (which is disappointing, but happens).

Part of the scene was about Wild Summer not being happy to keep being compared to Summer, and thinking about changing her name. While the game provided some suggestions (Autumn and Rose were two of them), it also let the player enter a new name as well.

While this might return in future (the rename part), I have no immediate plans to put it anywhere else in the game.

That being said, this is also why there is a rename option on the Do Over menu (and the first time you met Wild Summer), so that if players would like her to have a less confusing name, they can, although the game (mostly) won't acknowledge the different name.

So is it worth doing the 3.7F unity to 3.7 renp'y or is it too small of an update. What was it anyway?
Yeah, I'm working on it right now. No matter how small the content is (not bug fixes, or mindblower only updates, because those don't apply), I always work as quickly as I can to bring it over. The new scene is Beth focused, introducing Space Beth (but not sex with her yet, just an into), and some late night sexy time with Normal Beth.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7f Progress Report #5 - FEB 7 @ 14:50 UTC (Task List)
Scene is implemented, video is finished, do over is updated, and Mindblowers are updated, and most of the extra art is done (two more parts I need to add/modify (Morticia missing from one image I need to add her into)) but I've run out of time again today. So this is where I have to stop.

Next step is to put together the beta build to go out for editing (an hour~ish of work), then do some of the other steps while aaronminus fixes all the mistakes I've added in!

We are closing in on having a build soon(tm). Thanks everyone for staying awesome!

Edit: 16:10 UTC
Beta build sent out for testing!

Last edited:

SnowbunnyLiz

Aug 22, 2022
Hey, just a small request. Can we please change the ages of Beth, Summer, and well everyone? And can you add the ages next to their names in the dialogue box?

HueJass123

Jun 13, 2022
r3.7f Progress Report #5 - FEB 7 @ 14:50 UTC (Task List)
Scene is implemented, video is finished, do over is updated, and Mindblowers are updated, and most of the extra art is done (two more parts I need to add/modify (Morticia missing from one image I need to add her into)) but I've run out of time again today. So this is where I have to stop.

Next step is to put together the beta build to go out for editing (an hour~ish of work), then do some of the other steps while aaronminus fixes all the mistakes I've added in!

We are closing in on having a build soon(tm). Thanks everyone for staying awesome!

Edit: 16:10 UTC
Beta build sent out for testing!
Where can we access the beta build? Not seeing it in the first page

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7f Progress Report #6 - FEB 8 @ 13:25 UTC (Task List)
All the (fucking) blinks are done. Did some more minor art edits today (such as fixing Space Beth's hair/face/ring+scar, because she is asymmetrical, when she turns all those things have to flip sides otherwise her features jump from one side of her body to the other). Also just correcting some slicing issues (I'll give it a dozen more passes looking for artifacting that slipped through and fix as many as I can find).

I sent out the first beta build for review yesterday. aaronminus will go over it as time permits and get back to me with the first round of changes. The first round is usually the most extensive and includes suggestions, edits, changes, and corrections. Once I've gone over it and implemented them, then it's off for round two of review, where we fine tune any lingering issues, or debate any big changes the scene needs.

After round two of changes we start moving into the final steps, where the full build of the game goes out for testing (we didn't make many changes across the game since the last update, so I don't expect this to be that time intensive, it's just the one scene this time). Once we are both happy, we move on to the last step the RC, and if there are no problems there, I can flip it live.

As a reminder, there won't be a patch only update this time, just the whole game. This is because the engine is being updated from Renpy 4.7.11 to Renpy 8.0.3, to hopefully address the issue android users are constantly having (I'm not hopeful, because android just doesn't seem to want to work with Renpy...). While you shouldn't see any noticeable changes in the game (saves and such should all be fine, and it's still using the old renderer), it does mean that the 32.exe file will no longer be included.

Anyhow, gonna go play it a couple more times looking for mistakes. Thanks for staying awesome!

Blutregen

May 25, 2017
r3.7f Progress Report #6 - FEB 8 @ 13:25 UTC (Task List)
All the (fucking) blinks are done. Did some more minor art edits today (such as fixing Space Beth's hair/face/ring+scar, because she is asymmetrical, when she turns all those things have to flip sides otherwise her features jump from one side of her body to the other). Also just correcting some slicing issues (I'll give it a dozen more passes looking for artifacting that slipped through and fix as many as I can find).

I sent out the first beta build for review yesterday. aaronminus will go over it as time permits and get back to me with the first round of changes. The first round is usually the most extensive and includes suggestions, edits, changes, and corrections. Once I've gone over it and implemented them, then it's off for round two of review, where we fine tune any lingering issues, or debate any big changes the scene needs.

After round two of changes we start moving into the final steps, where the full build of the game goes out for testing (we didn't make many changes across the game since the last update, so I don't expect this to be that time intensive, it's just the one scene this time). Once we are both happy, we move on to the last step the RC, and if there are no problems there, I can flip it live.

As a reminder, there won't be a patch only update this time, just the whole game. This is because the engine is being updated from Renpy 4.7.11 to Renpy 8.0.3, to hopefully address the issue android users are constantly having (I'm not hopeful, because android just doesn't seem to want to work with Renpy...). While you shouldn't see any noticeable changes in the game (saves and such should all be fine, and it's still using the old renderer), it does mean that the 32.exe file will no longer be included.

Anyhow, gonna go play it a couple more times looking for mistakes. Thanks for staying awesome!
It looks kind of strange when an asymmetrical-looking character like Space Beth is simply mirrored, especially when the character switches from side to side in a scene. It's really nice that you're correcting that in your port of the original game.

Last edited:

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
It looks kind of strange when an asymmetrical-looking character like Space Beth is simply mirrored, especially when the character switches from side to side in a scene.
The first rule of game development is re-use your assets DON'T TALK ABOUT GAME DEVELOPMENT!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
No new big updates yet to report (still chipping away at stuff, and pending first round of revisions) but one of today's tests was to run the script check for obvious game errors I've overlooked. While it came back clean, it did share this fun static with me, which I'll now pass onto you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes