Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
whos this meth character
All the character names get short hand. Originally, when I first started this project, I had no way to extract dialogue, so I was typing everything by hand (huge pain in the ass). Most characters got a single letter so I'd have to type less. In the game files morty is just "m" and summer is just "s", "b" for beth, and so on. The full list of characters can be found in the scripts.rpy file (can just open in notepad, and do a search to match up the name), all the character definitions are right at the top.

"meth" is morty and ethan speaking together, I guess they only have one line?

Dec 26, 2022
All the character names get short hand. Originally, when I first started this project, I had no way to extract dialogue, so I was typing everything by hand (huge pain in the ass). Most characters got a single letter so I'd have to type less. In the game files morty is just "m" and summer is just "s", "b" for beth, and so on. The full list of characters can be found in the scripts.rpy file (can just open in notepad, and do a search to match up the name), all the character definitions are right at the top.

Cool

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
It's not for you to add, since you have made it clear that you only are adding whatever is necessary to have the VN make sense, but game needs a meth-addicted Ethan variant now... he can hang out with Heroin Keith!

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7f Progress Report #7 - FEB 10 @ 09:20 UTC (Task List)
I have received the first round of revisions from aaronminus and will start the review process once I finish posting this.

We are closing in on release here and I feel confident in saying we should have it all wrapped up tomorrow (Sunday at the latest if something goes critically wrong). For now, I'm gonna update the release date to Saturday Feb 11th.

I know this update isn't that big (but what can I do?), hopefully Ferdafs will get back on track to the normal size soon(tm), but we'll just have to wait and see. As always, I'll do my best to update with the latest content (no matter how big/small), in as timely a manor as I can.

Thank you everyone for staying awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7f Progress Report #8 - FEB 10 @ 02:35 UTC (Task List)
Alright! I have finished the first round of revisions/additions/corrections, and sent out the new build for review (to make sure I didn't fuck anything else up, and also have a second chance to see the more finalized scene). I'll also give it a couple additional passes on my end as well, trying to squash as many problems as possible.

Scene is looking great! I hope you guys will enjoy it (even if, again, it is just the one scene this update).

We are closing in on release, thanks for staying awesome!

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
r3.7f Progress Report #8 - FEB 10 @ 02:35 UTC (Task List)
Alright! I have finished the first round of revisions/additions/corrections, and sent out the new build for review (to make sure I didn't fuck anything else up, and also have a second chance to see the more finalized scene). I'll also give it a couple additional passes on my end as well, trying to squash as many problems as possible.

Scene is looking great! I hope you guys will enjoy it (even if, again, it is just the one scene this update).

We are closing in on release, thanks for staying awesome!
I have a question:
Will the Rick & Morty controversy stuff be affecting if this game gets finished?

Also, good on you for making this game get almost 5 years in. Most devs would have quit by now. (This isn't an insult, it's praise.)

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I have a question:
Will the Rick & Morty controversy stuff be affecting if this game gets finished?
The only thing that impacts the continued production of this project is Ferdafs. As long as he keeps putting out content, I'll keep adapting it for the Renpy version.

Also, good on you for making this game get almost 5 years in. Most devs would have quit by now. (This isn't an insult, it's praise.)
I have only been working on the Renpy project for ~2 years (holy shit, fucking two years...). I first started putting it together in roughly October of 2020, and published version 1 on Apr 9, 2021.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7f Progress Report #9 - FEB 10 @ 23:35 UTC (Task List)
Alright, I have the round 2 revisions back, and starting in on them. If everything looks good, they go out for the last pass to make sure nothing new has gotten fucked up.

We are closing in here, just a few checks left to do to make sure it is the best it can be. Thanks for staying awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7f Progress Report #10 - FEB 11 @ 03:10 UTC (Task List)
Final editor review is done, project is building now, and once that is done it's upload time! YAY! Woooo almost there!

One last step on our end and that is downloading and testing the final build to make sure we haven't fucked anything up. A lot of the time we are just looking at partial builds or hacking shit together to with moving parts, this will be the first time we give the whole thing a play (well, I mean, really just the new scene... spot check everything else).

If it all goes well, then I flip the build live, and you all get to enjoy! If it goes poorly, then... well, hopefully that isn't the case (I've spent a lot of time code testing to make sure it doesn't go poorly).

A brief reminder (again) that there is no update only this time around, due to the engine upgrade. It doesn't seem to have any save impact, so hopefully the swap should be invisible for most players, and improved for android users.

Anyhow, brain is more than a little fried at the moment and I still have like an hour of uploads... so thanks for staying awesome!

uztgft

May 26, 2018
I just downloaded and went to the new content and when i did i was bombarded wit error screens i counted aboud 25 diffrent exception has occured before i called it quits is just me or does this happen to others

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I just downloaded and went to the new content and when i did i was bombarded wit error screens i counted aboud 25 diffrent exception has occured before i called it quits is just me or does this happen to others
Which version did you get?

uztgft

May 26, 2018
Mac, windows, Linux, Android? Although it sounds like it might be a save issue, try jumping to the newest day from the main menu and of it still has issues, please post the error.
Windows and i did go to the dayselector that is from where the errors come when i tried to load an old save it kicked me to the beginning

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes