Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It truly is too bad you won't continue this project on your own. Your game has always been better than the ferdafs constantly buggy lower animation quality game. After so many times of just giving up on that game because of the bugs like it not registering choices and events as just one example, I just stopped even looking at the ferdafs version and this is the only one I'm even willing to play. After you quit this one there won't be any good ones out there anymore. Don't even mention that cuck game perviest whatever that's been made, couldn't even stand 5 minutes of that game. I realize it would be useless to convince you but it would also be foolish to not say at all. It would also appear I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
I wish it could keep going too, but sadly just isn't possible. I guess another way to think of it is that Ferdafs is the main artist writer for the project, and I'm the primary programmer (and editing). With him "quitting" now there is no artist, no lead writer. And sadly I just don't have the art skill set (or, really the time) to keep it going on my own.

It isn't quite over yet, the conclusion is going to take some time. And... we'll see how people still feel about this game when it's the, uh- "art" I can make...

raven077

Feb 13, 2022
Don't worry too much about the artwork. Most of us appreciate the effort, especially when stalled games are so prevalent. So take your time, don't fret too much about flaws (for your own sanity) and it'll work out.

Have you tried reaching out here to see if any fans are more artsy? I'm sure someone would chip for free in to help if they are able.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Have you tried reaching out here to see if any fans are more artsy? I'm sure someone would chip for free in to help if they are able.
I've had a number of artist reach out to me, and some of their art has made it in, (and some have not), but none have wanted to fulfill a full time role in the game. I've also looked into hiring an artist (hard to rationalize on a free project, but I've looked into it), and I still don't have an artist, so that tells you how that went.

There are lots of challenges here where art is concerned, but the two big ones are: staying on model (because if it's hugly different, then it's a different game), and creation in a timely manner. Players are willing to wait, but not forever.

Again, I can edit what's already there okay-ish, and reuse existing poses, but making new ones is~ difficult for me.

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
I've had a number of artist reach out to me, and some of their art has made it in, (and some have not), but none have wanted to fulfill a full time role in the game. I've also looked into hiring an artist (hard to rationalize on a free project, but I've looked into it), and I still don't have an artist, so that tells you how that went.

There are lots of challenges here where art is concerned, but the two big ones are: staying on model (because if it's hugly different, then it's a different game), and creation in a timely manner. Players are willing to wait, but not forever.

Again, I can edit what's already there okay-ish, and reuse existing poses, but making new ones is~ difficult for me.
Amazing Effort NM. Looking forward to your Updated. Be it in the 5th, next month or next year.

Cheers and TC

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #6 NOV 4 @ 17:00 UTC:
I know it's been quite a while since I had a progress report to share, but again, the editing process has a lot less "here is the things that got done" and a lot more wait, and revise, and wait.

Well, the wait part is almost over! We are putting the final touches in now, as well as some last minute touch-up and additions. Then pretty much the whole rest of my work session today will be playing this over and over looking for issues (and hopefully not adding issues).

Target is still Nov 5th (depending on your timezone) and barring any major problems, that is looking very likely right now. I expect the next progress report to be that I've uploaded the RC#1 (release candidate #1), either very late today, or more likely early tomorrow (for me). That and the "patch only" will go through one last QC trying to break it, and if no game crashing issues are found, it should be flipped live for everyone shortly after.

I know I did mention also possibly doing a "smaller video" option as well, but it's just too much additional complexity for too little savings.

Anyhow, thanks for staying awesome during this long wait! Hopefully, things should be a bit quicker for the next parts.

Val4nce

Aug 2, 2022
Progress Report #6 NOV 4 @ 17:00 UTC:
I know it's been quite a while since I had a progress report to share, but again, the editing process has a lot less "here is the things that got done" and a lot more wait, and revise, and wait.

Well, the wait part is almost over! We are putting the final touches in now, as well as some last minute touch-up and additions. Then pretty much the whole rest of my work session today will be playing this over and over looking for issues (and hopefully not adding issues).

Target is still Nov 5th (depending on your timezone) and barring any major problems, that is looking very likely right now. I expect the next progress report to be that I've uploaded the RC#1 (release candidate #1), either very late today, or more likely early tomorrow (for me). That and the "patch only" will go through one last QC trying to break it, and if no game crashing issues are found, it should be flipped live for everyone shortly after.

I know I did mention also possibly doing a "smaller video" option as well, but it's just too much additional complexity for too little savings.

Anyhow, thanks for staying awesome during this long wait! Hopefully, things should be a bit quicker for the next parts.
so how late will that be (estimate?) cause i dont have access for 2weeks to my pc starting tommrow noon and it would kinda suck if i cant look into the update before that

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
so how late will that be (estimate?) cause i dont have access for 2weeks to my pc starting tommrow noon and it would kinda suck if i cant look into the update before that
Not sure. Will do my best to have it as early as possible, but it depends on what (if any) major issues arise. I would say "now"~ish this time tomorrow is what I'm hoping for, but honestly won't know.

lunar_walker

Sep 30, 2017
I would like to thank Ferdafs for the game that we got so far (I was a supporter for a short while).
Thank you NM for finishing a great game (still wish you had a tip-jar of some kind) and I hope that everyone both hear and other spots of the web have a good time and stay healthy.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #7 NOV 5 @ 17:05 UTC:
Oh we are getting close! Yesterday was a bit crazy trying to tie up all the last little bits and get it all wrapped up. But it's done! As I type this the RC#1 is building (Window/Linux/Mac) and will shortly after start uploading to the first hosting sites. Then on to building the Android version! "Patch Only" is already up and being tested!

So, how close are we! I don't know! But not that far.

We are in the very last steps here which is testing for game breaking bugs. We'll go through and try and break the game as hard as we can (mostly looking for missing images), and once we have tested everything we can think of, stuff will get flipped live, a new progress report post will go up announcing release, and the first post will get updated.

We are almost there! Thank you again to everyone for staying awesome through this long wait... we really hope you'll enjoy the new content!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #8 NOV 5 @ 19:10 UTC:
r3.8P2 IS NOW LIVE! ENJOY!
(check the first post for links!)

We have done our best find all the bugs, but let us know if you have any issues!

Keep in mind this is only the first part! Part 3 is already pretty far along, and is targeted for early Dec, so you won't have to wait too long!

Thanks for staying awesome!

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017

We can collectively produce the art. AI has lowered the skill bar tremendously. Writing interesting stories is harder though.

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes