Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror Well done at getting this out so quickly. Cool extra scene too.

I did find, what appears to be, some kind of graphic/script issue.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Found the cause (it's always fucking something...), anyhow, here is the fixed file for it. The image is actually an unused asset for the do over page named "bg" and the standard background uses the name "bg" and because its under the images folder, the game automatically turns it into an image... instead of giving me an error...

I'll wait a few days before doing an official .1 patch, incase their are other issues.

Edit:
Actual, correct file, a post down.

Last edited:

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Found the cause (it's always fucking something...), anyhow, here is the fixed file for it. The image is actually an unused asset for the do over page named "bg" and the standard background uses the name "bg" and because its under the images folder, the game automatically turns it into an image... instead of giving me an error...

I'll wait a few days before doing an official .1 patch, incase their are other issues.
I tried copy and replacing that code in day_0037.rpy, and I am still getting the same bug. It's not a big issue. I can wait till the .1 patch, but thought I'd let you know. Cheers.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I tried copy and replacing that code in day_0037.rpy, and I am still getting the same bug. It's not a big issue. I can wait till the .1 patch, but thought I'd let you know. Cheers.
Ah, see, there is a simple explanation for that, I'm an idiot. I fixed the issue in the master version, then like a fucking dumbass, I grabbed the copy of the old file from the distribution version and uploaded that... Here is the actual, real file this time, sorry, brain is more damaged than I first thought...

day_0037.rpy

Or, if you don't trust me to have not fucked it up again (I wouldn't trust me), in the file go to line 3010 and remove "show bg" from day_0037.rpy

Last edited:

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Ah, see, there is a simple explanation for that, I'm an idiot. I fixed the issue in the master version, then like a fucking dumbass, grabbed the copy of the file you already have from the distribution version and uploaded that... Here is the actual, real file this time, sorry, brain is more damaged than I first thought...

day_0037.rpy

Or, if you don't trust me to have not fucked it up again (I wouldn't trust me), in the file go to line 3010 and remove "show bg" from day_0037.rpy
That fixed it ... the knackered Chud said to Beth. :sneaky: (y)

Venyas

Jan 20, 2018
here I am, middle of a busy week and finding that all the projects I fallow got updated all in the span of 24 hours...well, the night went by fast.

Reactions: badbrad136969

popober

Jun 9, 2017
That Sarah Jessica Parker scene was only slightly less bad than the alien and jerry events.

popober

Jun 9, 2017
How much Rick and Morty knowledge do I need to understand the game beyond fap fap fap
If you care about the incest, not a lot. If you don't care about the incest, still not a lot. Basically just alternate dimensions/worlds/timelines, and those aren't _really_ his mother and sister. The strawberry blonde(?) one, with the headband in the screenshots, is also the "crush" character, I guess. You probably won't get the real depths of things like Planetina and the Life of Roy simulation game, but you don't really have to unless you want to.

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
Somehow, the
didn't turn me on as much as our Beth.

I guess it's the way she acts is so 'un-Beth-like', our Beth usually scolds, complains, is reluctant, and acts more motherly (and that is why she is the best character btw [that is a fact, deal with it]

This isn't a problem with the game writing though, I'm just sharing my opinion.
also,

Wallsfalldown

Jul 20, 2018
If you care about the incest, not a lot. If you don't care about the incest, still not a lot. Basically just alternate dimensions/worlds/timelines, and those aren't _really_ his mother and sister. The strawberry blonde(?) one, with the headband in the screenshots, is also the "crush" character, I guess. You probably won't get the real depths of things like Planetina and the Life of Roy simulation game, but you don't really have to unless you want to.
I know the basics of RaM like the relationships and names of characters but when it comes to specific references then I'd be a lost.

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
I know the basics of RaM like the relationships and names of characters but when it comes to specific references then I'd be a lost.
You are really not losing much. I think what would be the most 'alien' to you is the Citadel of Ricks. Basically, Ricks being the most intelligent being of the multi-verse, got together with other Ricks and created an entire space city where Ricks and Mortys come together, the whole city is made of Ricks and Mortys, from workers to the police force, you can also expect to see slums made of Mortys that lost their Ricks and have nowhere to go, political intrigue and yada yada.

Smudgey

Nov 7, 2017
Excellent job as always Night Mirror, here's a few typos to correct if you feel the need.

"You have *not* idea..."
"Of course I am! After what you went through it's so hard to imagine you ever being *force* back into that life."
"Because they *usualy* do...?"
"Although, you notice that Beth *neglegts* to mention who's car it was that hit you."
"Aw, geez, I *though* I had maxed my sneaking skill!"
"No, no, no! The girls work for themselves, *the* get the money for themselves, and then they give us some of the money too."

Reactions: Night Mirror

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Night Mirror As always a huge thanks for the efforts you have put in.

Just wanted to let you know I Hit a snag when going from 3.4 to the 3.5 version via the update patch.

After the first choice (because i like to start from the beginning after every new release) it threw a couple of script errors then spit me out at day 34.

Going to download the full version and update this post if any further issues are seen from my end.

As Always, Appreciate your work. Cheers

EDIT: Played through till Day 12, no issues so far for the full version

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes