• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Mar 7, 2018
Not sure if this has been fixed already in another build but Morticia's mindblower "Deep End" seems to load the scene that occurs after the scene rather than the scene itself.

shalom123

Mar 1, 2020
I mean, I know of him, and have subbed to his patreon in the past, but beyond that, nope. I don't know him any better than anyone else on this site and have never directly communicated with him outside of maybe comments on his patreon years ago (long before I started this project)?
Damn that's sucks. Anyway, thank you for answering and I really appreciate your version of the game

Renrut

Mar 6, 2020
Still waiting on Unity game update (and the plan right now is to keep waiting, so, sorry, no time window on new stuff yet), but I do have two other minor update related items I want to touch on (to keep those that care in the loop).

First up is a new minor feature (change). With the last release (r3.8) I introduced the ability to see what scene updates were added in which version of the game, from the Day Selector menu. In the next update (r3.9) this will go a step further into the Scene Selector menu as well. So that if the Version View is set to say: r3.4 (still on the day selector), then the new/update badge will also show up on the Scene Selector menu, making it easier to see when days have multiple updates in them. Again, minor.

The second item contains spoilers, so only read the spoiler section below if that don't bother you. It has to do with one of the two expanded options for past scenes (the one for Tricia) coming in the next update. The short version is that while it is still coming, it will be a non-canon, replay only option. See why in the spoiler below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyhow, slowly losing my mind as I wait for the Unity release... thanks for staying awesome!
So I see federaf's thread shows abandoned :/ Any credibility?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So I see federaf's thread shows abandoned :/ Any credibility?
None that I'm aware of.

The only things that matters to me is: Ferdafs himself says he is done (not some randos claiming he is done), or we hit the 6 month mark without any word.

That being said, I have started on the work needed for the ending (not ready to say much else about it yet). Either way it will take some time to have "content" for the next update, so waiting is still currently my plan.

l_i_m_e

Apr 7, 2019
None that I'm aware of.

The only things that matters to me is: Ferdafs himself says he is done (not some randos claiming he is done), or we hit the 6 month mark without any word.

That being said, I have started on the work needed for the ending (not ready to say much else about it yet). Either way it will take some time to have "content" for the next update, so waiting is still currently my plan.
It's amazing you still have interest for work that isn't yours simply because you love it. it's pretty inspiring

TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
Damn. The guy, that did the game, is done? Shit. So much potential. All that is just wasted talent....
No-no, Night was just saying he's only concerned if Ferdafs says it himself that he's done with the game and not some random moderator or thread host.

That past update we got from Ferdafs was in May and before that February so there's a 4 month delay period in between updates. The thread mentioned above has a rule that threads that aren't updated regularly after 3 months on the forums are labeled "Abandoned" by the Moderators. As far as anyone knows, that thread is hosted by a proxy and not the actual creator. So unless Ferdafs actively shows up here, I doubt that particular thread is getting an update anytime soon.

As for the game itself, Ferdafs sucks at communicating his timetable and the best guess we have is 4-6 months per update and it can be longer because of their surgery which can be anything at this point and may require more in the future. So no, the game isn't officially over. NightMirror is preparing a Contingency Plan in the event that should come to pass but it has not so there's no need to worry about it.

Helmut Spargle

Dec 11, 2022
Corrected, thank you!
My pleasure! Here's a few more, including an unhandled exception--all in r3.8:

(struck-through text denotes deleted text, bold text denotes inserted text)

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
My pleasure! Here's a few more, including an unhandled exception--all in r3.8:

(struck-through text denotes deleted text, bold text denotes inserted text)

Fixed! Thanks for the corrections. As for the error, there is a bug fix patch in the first post to correct this issue for r3.8.

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
None that I'm aware of.

hey, if the og is truly done for and someone were to pick it up, would you still work on your own version? or maybe you'd even consider working on it yourself, costs nothing to hope haha.
what if they just needed assets, like the ones you already went through the trouble of converting to the renpy's engine, would you mind just handing over a copy?

i'm just trying to explore whatever options there are in this situation

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
hey, if the og is truly done for and someone were to pick it up, would you still work on your own version? or maybe you'd even consider working on it yourself, costs nothing to hope haha.
what if they just needed assets, like the ones you already went through the trouble of converting to the renpy's engine, would you mind just handing over a copy?

i'm just trying to explore whatever options there are in this situation
I'm going to talk over my full plans soon~ish (next month if we still haven't had any updates) for the future of this project, but sadly, continuation isn't in the cards. I will (at least) conclude the game, but there are many reasons I'm not continuing this project without Ferdafs. For now I'll just hit the two main points here.

The primary reason I'm done when Ferdafs stops (and after I've put an ending on it) is that it just isn't something I really have a lot of interest in doing. Converting assets and script from one game to another is fun, and while it isn't "fast" the time requirement is far less than making those assets from scratch.

Going into full development mode for a game is a full time job, not a fun hobby. I already have a job and I enjoy what I do. It's flexible enough to let me take on fun projects like this one, and makes me enough income that I don't need to charge for my time on things like this. Full time development is FAR less flexible (I'd be on it 10 hours a day 7 days a week), and my income would be based on people donating (rather than charging for my time).

The second reason is art. Look, I'm not a good artist, I'm just not. I can edit, I can trace, I can reuse stuff, but I can't really make new things; a major requirement for, you know, making new art and adding it to the game. The ending is already going to stress my limited ability far more than I would like, continuing is just too far beyond my skill set. Even with a full time artist (which, I don't have), it is still a massive amount of work and time on my end (planning, writing, coordinating, implementing, testing, revision...ing).

Additionally, if I was going to keep creating, I'd choose my own story/game. Then at least I'd feel a lot less bad about monetizing it (to be clear, no plans to do my own game at the moment).

All that being said, while promising the distant future is always an iffy bet, if the Unity game just goes on a long hiatus, I would have interest in resuming my work on it in the future. Who knows what the actual case would be. No idea what future me is going to want, but at the moment it is something I would do.

As to someone else continuing the renpy project, I'm mostly indifferent. If someone want's to make a mod of my mod, go for it, I certainly did. Heck, they don't even need my permission! I'd suggest giving it a different title, and don't be a dick and claim all the works as their own and put it behind a paywall or something, but outside of that, sure, whatever.

The assets are all there in the release, so it's free for anyone to modify and improve on. They don't even need any special tools, the code is just plain text (lots of people already make changes to it in their copies of the game), art is just pngs (for the uncompressed files), nothing really special or encrypted of anything.

Lastly, while I am stopping if Ferdafs does, the "when" I stop is less... defined. The conclusion won't be a fast thing, I expect it to be months of work spread over several releases, but again, I'll talk more details next month if still no update from Ferdafs.

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes