madolche

May 14, 2021
Wanted to post just to say im damn impressed with the writing for this, i dont know how much of it is original and how much is just lifted from the other version but after binging the game over a few days, at this point i dont even really care about the sex and am just invested in whats gonna happen between morty and morticia. I went in expecting to not give a shit about her since shes basically an OC and now I want nothing more then for morty to ultimately end up with her.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Wanted to post just to say im damn impressed with the writing for this, i dont know how much of it is original and how much is just lifted from the other version but after binging the game over a few days, at this point i dont even really care about the sex and am just invested in whats gonna happen between morty and morticia. I went in expecting to not give a shit about her since shes basically an OC and now I want nothing more then for morty to ultimately end up with her.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

Morticia is a character I have spent a lot of time and effort expanding for the renpy version. In the Unity game, she is very much a side character character. Here, I've included her in scenes she wasn't before (such as the Halloween event), and given her new scenes not in the original.

While it's hard to say how much has changed (I've been at this for years now, and everything is all mixed together in my brain at this point), the majority of her dialogue and personality have been re-written from the original.

She is certainly one of my favorite characters as well, and while I always hope Ferdafs will give us more scenes with her, I always sort of dread what his plans for her might be.

MalkavianVamp

Feb 22, 2023

Morticia is a character I have spent a lot of time and effort expanding for the renpy version. In the Unity game, she is very much a side character character. Here, I've included her in scenes she wasn't before (such as the Halloween event), and given her new scenes not in the original.

While it's hard to say how much has changed (I've been at this for years now, and everything is all mixed together in my brain at this point), the majority of her dialogue and personality have been re-written from the original.

She is certainly one of my favorite characters as well, and while I always hope Ferdafs will give us more scenes with her, I always sort of dread what his plans for her might be.
Love Morticia too she's cute.....

madolche

May 14, 2021

Admire the dedication to keeping with the source, but I really hope even if Ferdafs like has her killed off or something you at least add an alternate happy ending. From what Ive seen I believe youve already decided to branch off to provide an actual ending anyway yes? Cant wait to see what the eventual ending is and hoping for the best.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Admire the dedication to keeping with the source, but I really hope even if Ferdafs like has her killed off or something you at least add an alternate happy ending. From what Ive seen I believe youve already decided to branch off to provide an actual ending anyway yes? Cant wait to see what the eventual ending is and hoping for the best.
We are doing the conclusion due to Ferdafs vanishing for 9 months without a word, and no one was sure if he was done. I didn't want to just abandon the game and leave players hanging either, so, conclusion. Now that he is back, things are more~ tricky. The conclusion will move forward (slower than before), but I still plan to complete it (stopping would be worse than never having done it).

This does have the HUGE risk of possible contradictions, plot holes, and other issues, but I'm... somewhat confident we can work around them without having to change too much of the ending itself (I largely want to avoid plot re-writes where possible).

If Ferdafs ever did conclude the game (not likely), that would be a different ending path in addition to the conclusion we're working on now, not a replacement.

Really, my big worry isn't Ferdafs killing her off (I very much doubt he is going to kill off any characters). It's more putting her in scenes that don't work well with the version of her character in the renpy game. Or scenes players wouldn't want for her. The Meesex scene is such an example, with the intent seeming to make her the "share/NTR" character.

We'll do our best to make it enjoyable, but by the nature of what the project is, there are limitation on the kinds of changes I can make (without having to make a fuck ton of art).

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
Really, my big worry isn't Ferdafs killing her off (I very much doubt he is going to kill off any characters). It's more putting her in scenes that don't work well with the version of her character in the renpy game. Or scenes players wouldn't want for her. The Meesex scene is such an example, with the intent seeming to make her the "share/NTR" character.

We'll do our best to make it enjoyable, but by the nature of what the project is, there are limitation on the kinds of changes I can make (without having to make a fuck ton of art).
I see the logic of you wanting to keep it close to the original but if you've come this far with improved content then in for a penny, in for a pounding wirh Morticia :p Really an option for no NTR or avoidable NTR is much more preferred than this happens, even if you skip it, so move along...

Godofwar12

Aug 26, 2023
We are doing the conclusion due to Ferdafs vanishing for 9 months without a word, and no one was sure if he was done. I didn't want to just abandon the game and leave players hanging either, so, conclusion. Now that he is back, things are more~ tricky. The conclusion will move forward (slower than before), but I still plan to complete it (stopping would be worse than never having done it).

This does have the HUGE risk of possible contradictions, plot holes, and other issues, but I'm... somewhat confident we can work around them without having to change too much of the ending itself (I largely want to avoid plot re-writes where possible).

If Ferdafs ever did conclude the game (not likely), that would be a different ending path in addition to the conclusion we're working on now, not a replacement.

Why not label the new updates as an alternate dimension and fit parts of ferdafs story as you please into yours and leave ferdafs plot until he finishes it or abandons it again and if there are parts you dont like like if they kill morticia make it so she survives or something

Godofwar12

Aug 26, 2023
Why not label the new updates as a alternate dimension and fit parts of ferdafs story as you please into yours and leave ferdafs plot until he finishes it or abandons it again and if there are parts you dont like like if they kill morticia make it so she survives or something
I dont think i explained it quite as i wanted to but good enough so like c-324 and c324-b

• Haha
Reactions: vilewe7570

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
I think part of morticas big appeal in this Version of the game is simple. She has a great bond and connection to Morty. They build each other up and understand each other and are open about their intentions and interests because well. They ARE each other.

This result in them acting frankly more like twins with strong and meaningful bonds. That happen to be sexual. It makes them very enjoyable to see interactions with especially because they encourage each other and help one another even exploring their kinks.

Plus it helps she clearly wants to be with Morty and doesn’t need a push in this version. Unlike the other girls it’s practically her idea to start experimenting with each other. which makes her stand out.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Why not label the new updates as an alternate dimension and fit parts of ferdafs story as you please into yours and leave ferdafs plot until he finishes it or abandons it again and if there are parts you dont like like if they kill morticia make it so she survives or something
The process of adapting story-wise has pretty much stayed the same since I started helping with editing. First and foremost is preserving content, so CGs and scenarios don’t fall by the wayside. Keeping the general story of updates hasn’t really been a problem so far.

BUT

We’ve had to be creative sometimes in fitting stuff in. Sometimes it’s obvious and can slide right in a timeslot (new updates don’t necessarily go at the end of the story), sometimes there needs to be a little (or a lot of) massaging to make it work, but we get it there. One of my favorites to come out of this adaptation style is the Beth sex-ed scene, which was altered to be a better first time for Beth and Morty. The random Ferdafs grab bag has a little tension to it, but it can also be a lot of fun! While it can be extra work, I enjoy how stuff that goes in older days can echo into the game later. Stuff like Morticia and Tricia’s mall scenario established a new connection that becomes another tool on the toolbelt for banter and informed all the characters involved. That’s probably my favorite creative aspect of this whole thing, discovering more and more to these characters one update at a time, on the fly.

We’ve discussed a few nightmare Ferdafs scenarios for us, but with a little problem solving I think pretty much whatever comes our way can find a home. If Ferdafs does something completely unhinged, we’ll take it as it comes, and handle it in a way that doesn’t compromise NM’s vision for this game (y)

I think part of morticas big appeal in this Version of the game is simple. She has a great bond and connection to Morty. They build each other up and understand each other and are open about their intentions and interests because well. They ARE each other.

This result in them acting frankly more like twins with strong and meaningful bonds. That happen to be sexual. It makes them very enjoyable to see interactions with especially because they encourage each other and help one another even exploring their kinks.

Plus it helps she clearly wants to be with Morty and doesn’t need a push in this version. Unlike the other girls it’s practically her idea to start experimenting with each other. which makes her stand out.
I don’t play favorites but I have a soft spot for Tricia, Wild Summer, and Morticia.

I think Tricia is my favorite character on her own (Morty himself actually comes close), she’s got contrasting, almost contradictory layers to her that are fun to explore. Her arc with Morty has range and she’s the character that has surprised me the most as we’ve explored her.

Wild Summer has my favorite backstory and I like how she fits in with the family as sort of “the sixth ranger”. I think she’s given some life to Summer’s character as well.

Morticia is so much fun to play with, her dynamic with Morty is fun and cute and comes very easily, a scene with the two of them is always a good time. I’m happy to hear that NM’s version of her has connected with people!

Thanks for the excuse to take a breather, but, back to work!

Last edited:

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
WHen itt comes to wild summer, honeslty i think the reason she's so much fun and likeable is that she's summer if she was simply better. It ties into something the creators once said about Summer from the comics that are semi-offical. Most Summers lack self confidence and are very insecure about themsleves and try to bury their true selves and be what the wolrd around them expects them to be.

This translates in game with in paritcualr this games version of summer, constnatly trying to deny how much she acutally likes Morty and how much she enjoys her time with him,trying to make excuses or go into denial fo most of her story. Her walls are slowly broken down by all the sex acts the two get up to but she still hestiates to just accept what's obvious.

Which is contrasted by Wild Summer who is complelty unfilitered and very self confident. She likes Morty and deicides to just go for it with him very quickly and doens't really hide her body or herself from anyone. She's direct, a bit blunt and more willing to just speak her mind and not dance around stuff. She pretty much just says what we know SUmmer is thinking and is more than happy to do it with Morty if she's in the mood.

It makes her fit in very nicely and she balances out normal Summer. Who Morty tends to have to give a push to do stuff with. By being similar to Mortica in that she's practically the one that starts stuff up between them and enjoys it alot.

Plus it's just fun to see her tease and mess with normal Summer too.

madolche

May 14, 2021
WHen itt comes to wild summer, honeslty i think the reason she's so much fun and likeable is that she's summer if she was simply better. It ties into something the creators once said about Summer from the comics that are semi-offical. Most Summers lack self confidence and are very insecure about themsleves and try to bury their true selves and be what the wolrd around them expects them to be.

This translates in game with in paritcualr this games version of summer, constnatly trying to deny how much she acutally likes Morty and how much she enjoys her time with him,trying to make excuses or go into denial fo most of her story. Her walls are slowly broken down by all the sex acts the two get up to but she still hestiates to just accept what's obvious.

Which is contrasted by Wild Summer who is complelty unfilitered and very self confident. She likes Morty and deicides to just go for it with him very quickly and doens't really hide her body or herself from anyone. She's direct, a bit blunt and more willing to just speak her mind and not dance around stuff. She pretty much just says what we know SUmmer is thinking and is more than happy to do it with Morty if she's in the mood.

It makes her fit in very nicely and she balances out normal Summer. Who Morty tends to have to give a push to do stuff with. By being similar to Mortica in that she's practically the one that starts stuff up between them and enjoys it alot.

Plus it's just fun to see her tease and mess with normal Summer too.
To be fair to regular summer, wild summer has the luxury of knowing for a fact that morty isnt her actual brother. So she can more easily disassociate their relation in her mind. We know that regular summer and morty arent from the same universe either but summer doesnt so her confusion and reluctance is normal, regardless of what her canon personality traits may be.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #7 JUL 08 @ 09:45 UTC:
Alright! I have the main revisions I've been waiting on, and have put them into the game! I still need to do some pose work for the changes, as well as some additional play testing for the new dialogue, but we are getting super-duper closer now!

While I would love to say "today" is the release day, there is still a bunch to do. So... today/tomorrow is most likely the release window? Soon(tm). When I start the final steps, I'll post new progress reports for them.

As always, thanks for staying awesome!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #8 JUL 08 @ 19:25 UTC:
Home stretch! We are in the last steps of prep work right now. aaronminus is working on the final round of revisions (and can speak more to that process if desired).

I've done pretty much all the last things I need/want/can stomach to do again, on my end. I've played, and re-played, and re-re-re-re-re-(you get the idea)-played the new content, looking for typos, mistakes, plot holes, plot-halves, and anything else I can think to look for. While not guaranteed to be a problem free experience, I've spent as much time as I can trying to make it the best it can be.

Last thing pending is the final round of revisions/corrections, once they're in (and checked), I'll move into the final steps: Build, Upload, Download, Test, and (if no major bugs) Release! While I still don't have an exact time (again, waiting on a delivery), a release is planned no later than the 9th of July, possibly the 8th, depending on your time zone.

As always, thanks for being awesome!

Punisher8001

Jul 3, 2024
Oh god I picked this up on Wednesday and couldn't have picked a more perfect timing! Just hit the end of content, thank god I'm on vacation I've been glued to this thing... Now I read there's going to be an update soon. Thank you Night Mirror :love:

I'm so invested on Morticia and Morty <3

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes