Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Quick question for a friend, will this run on an old Windows 7 laptop?
It should according to the Ren'py website, just needs Windows Vista or newer. How well it will run, that I can't say. My win10 laptop does fine with it, it's not exactly graphically intensive.

Reactions: wibbled

Yep_123

Jul 18, 2019
Guys, non-tech person here. I'm getting some sort of error that my computer is using software rendering and renpy doesn't work? Anyone got a solution for me?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Guys, non-tech person here. I'm getting some sort of error that my computer is using software rendering and renpy doesn't work? Anyone got a solution for me?
Do you meet the system requirements of renpy 7.4?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
My system surly meets the requirements, however I am not sure if I have everything needed for the program.. aside from downloading this game, is there any other software I need?
There are no special requirements for this game to run outside of what renpy already requires. I would start here: . If that doesn't help, google search for the specific error message you are seeing.

Apr 1, 2018
Avoidable ntr or no? btw is there patches or game asks you from the start if you want to disable ntr?

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Avoidable ntr or no? btw is there patches or game asks you from the start if you want to disable ntr?
Sort of. This is not a branching game, but it does contain some choices to enhance gameplay. It also contains the option to skip scenes you don't want to watch. But again, not a branching game, skipping only jumps over the scene it isn't a character choice.

You can also look under Genre Details in the OP to get a better idea of how much of what content is in the game.

Jun 24, 2017
Sort of. This is not a branching game, but it does contain some choices to enhance gameplay. It also contains the option to skip scenes you don't want to watch. But again, not a branching game, skipping only jumps over the scene it isn't a character choice.

You can also look under Genre Details in the OP to get a better idea of how much of what content is in the game.
When the game is finished do you intend to make the choices matter instead of just being able to skipping them? Or like the mortica and summer shower scene where she says she slept with you even if she didn't?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
When the game is finished do you intend to make the choices matter instead of just being able to skipping them? Or like the mortica and summer shower scene where she says she slept with you even if she didn't?
Some choices do matter, anything that doesn't say skip is tracked and (most of them at least) impact dialogue later. It will never be a full branching game, that is well beyond the scope of this project. And I am adding more choices to past scenes, it just takes time. As I've already said, multi choices won't work for all scenes due to a number of reasons, but I'm putting them where it makes sense.

The Morticia/Summer shower scene should only show up if you had sex with Morticia the first time (or clicked yes to view if you skipped it). I think auto menu will also trigger the scene, I'll double check the code on it, that might be a bug.

Edit:
Yep, that was a bug. In Full Auto/Original the Morticia/Summer shower scene would automatically play regardless of past actions. It will be corrected in the next update.

Last edited:

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
If you think about it you can't avoid NTR stuf becouse Morty fuck girls in relation ships to , so it is already NTR

ReaperMania

Aug 8, 2020
For the next update, I would love it if Summer (the Survivor one), tries to go fight the monster on her own. Which prompts Morty to go and rescue her. When he does, he tries to be more assertive by taking her to his room, putting her over his lap, and spanks her for being so reckless. But, as it turns out, she likes it but tries to keep it secret. Plus, she then learns that someone actually does care for her :)

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
For the next update, I would love it if Summer (the Survivor one), tries to go fight the monster on her own. Which prompts Morty to go and rescue her. When he does, he tries to be more assertive by taking her to his room, putting her over his lap, and spanks her for being so reckless. But, as it turns out, she likes it but tries to keep it secret. Plus, she then learns that someone actually does care for her :)
Love the idea, but as I've said, I'm not an artist. Pretty much all new scenes are going to come from Ferdafs Unity game. Any new scenes that I do add will be very limited and based on edited existing art. All that being said, I will still add the suggestion to my future content request list and if I figure out a way to do it, I'll try and add it in at some point.

VelocityRyuga

Feb 15, 2020
Love the idea, but as I've said, I'm not an artist. Pretty much all new scenes are going to come from Ferdafs Unity game. Any new scenes that I do add will be very limited and based on edited existing art. All that being said, I will still add the suggestion to my future content request list and if I figure out a way to do it, I'll try and add it in at some point.
Hey Night Mirror.

I've been thinking a lot lately about your game and after playing through it a bunch, different routes and what not, I stumbled across your behind the scenes work in making the game. And jeez the models were hella broken up, putting them back piece by piece is insane, honestly I'm jealous of your dedication. That's gotten me thinking, seriously you have given this so much work already, I understand if you don't want to, but I genuinely think you would be able to create some of your own art too - from scratch. (I'm aware you already have made some)

You've got a few sprites at hand, facial expressions, some poses and drawing some fresh scenes - while is still difficult and requires a skill that time can't necessarily give - seems like a viable option to at least consider. I'm not expecting as good art, I'm happy even if it's just acceptable because that's how much I love playing this game. If you tried, given your dedication and patience I think you could actually come up with some new content that's purely yours. I'm not an artist either but I think I personally could come up something half decent with all the existing material and you could make something even better. Just think about it xD

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey Night Mirror.

I've been thinking a lot lately about your game and after playing through it a bunch, different routes and what not, I stumbled across your behind the scenes work in making the game. And jeez the models were hella broken up, putting them back piece by piece is insane, honestly I'm jealous of your dedication. That's gotten me thinking, seriously you have given this so much work already, I understand if you don't want to, but I genuinely think you would be able to create some of your own art too - from scratch. (I'm aware you already have made some)

You've got a few sprites at hand, facial expressions, some poses and drawing some fresh scenes - while is still difficult and requires a skill that time can't necessarily give - seems like a viable option to at least consider. I'm not expecting as good art, I'm happy even if it's just acceptable because that's how much I love playing this game. If you tried, given your dedication and patience I think you could actually come up with some new content that's purely yours. I'm not an artist either but I think I personally could come up something half decent with all the existing material and you could make something even better. Just think about it xD
TLDR: I'm not good with character proportions, perspective, poses, or style. I want to add more new scenes, but don't think I can without an artist's help.

(sorry, as with all my replies this got long and wordy, and trying to edit it down just made it longer.)

This has been a passion project with no small amount of effort to get it put back together (literally:p). But overall I'm happy with how it turned out. It's not perfect, but people don't seem to hate it (well, most people, I'm sure some people hate it, this is the internet), so that's a win.

Reassembling the sprites (while time consuming) wasn't too bad, like a small puzzle to figure out. And I'd usually use a scaled screen shot from the game to find where the parts go~ish. I did draw in new outfits too, like summer's pajamas, the Dipper/Mabel costumes, lots of underwear for characters, and a bunch more. But, that's still just really editing, not creating new sprites.

The parts for the Live2D were way harder to put back together (so I've done very few of them). A few expanded sequences use them for "new" art, since it was easier than editing a screen cap of the animation. The Live2D animations are spread across 3-6 files depending on complexity and are called things like "texture_00 #30957".

Which if you are wondering looks like this (1 of 4 files, can you guess the animation?):
texture_00 #36180.jpg

I spent a lot of time (and still do) searching and re-searching through these 470~ish files, trying to spot little details such as does that part of a foot match this scene? Honestly, it's still kinda fun. Like putting together a puzzle that has it pieces mixed in with other puzzles, but it's also very slow.

The parts files do help me pull together some of the edited art (mostly when building Morty into a scene, or his dick... this project has made me draw way more dicks than I though I ever would). They also help as a general guide if I do have to draw in something not in an original scene (again, usually dicks, and also arms/hands).

But, it's a big jump from editing existing art to making it from scratch. When I can find poses that work, I re-used them (with varying degrees of success). You can see an example of this with the Morty/Morticia scene during the pumpkin dance event, which is an edited image from the Morty/Morticia towel sex scene.
example0.jpg
The right image looks a little funky because the parts are in separate layered files and posed in renpy. I draw things in, but the base poses are the same.

So, why not make my own art? (holy shit, I finally got around to answering the question!)

I want to, I really do, there are LOTS of scenes I want to add in, but I'm also aware of my own limitation and ability (or lack there of). There are just somethings I simply suck at.

First up is proportions. Even when scaling things with a resize tool, I still get sizes and proportions wrong with existing art! Once I start drawing, hands are too small, heads are too big, eyes are a funky shape, you name it, I can screw it up, or down. (because scaling, get it?)

Not getting the the scale right leads into the second issue, perspective. I just don't have a great handle on drawing in perspective. Some of the edits I put in I know are wrong, but it's the best I can do, and I hope they don't distract too much.

Then there are poses. I'm not good with coming up with interesting positions for characters, I can barely manage to draw them in profile without messing that up, let alone an interesting sex position. Yeah, there is a lot of material out there to inspire me, but then I'm just back to editing/tracing people's art, and that hasn't really helped me improve.

Lastly there is style. I think Ferdafs has done an amazing job duplicating and adapting the show style to this game (even if there are some design choices I personal would change). Even if I could do the first 3, I have no hope of drawing characters to match the existing game. I think it would be a detrimental player experience to have a jarring shift in style. I personally cringe whenever I'm playing and I see one of my attempts at matching the style pop up. Morticia's hug/kiss image on vampire night still haunts my nightmares and it's one I want to redo as soon as I think I can do better.

So, is that a never for new scenes? As I've said before, at least for now, new sex scenes are going to be very limited (hey, there is one in the next update! It's not complex and uses a lot of edited art, but it's a short original scene!). But I still think new art for scenes in general is beyond my reach without the help of an actual artist.

I'll keep trying to improve, but I've literally been trying all my life and I'm still not very good.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes