5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Adson123

Jun 29, 2020
The fact that a lot of people got butthurt over that piece of dialogue is pathetic.
if people are petty enough to complete change a dialog in an anime to suit their agenda bullshit imagine what they would do with history books, besides ,the author didnt like either and the localizer called him an asshole for it and they lost the license so yeah deserve the hate

Hake25

Nov 27, 2022
if people are petty enough to complete change a dialog in an anime to suit their agenda bullshit imagine what they would do with history books, besides ,the author didnt like either and the localizer called him an asshole for it and they lost the license so yeah deserve the hate
I really do think you need to step away from the computer and go outside if you think that translators inserting a throwaway one-line joke into an anime for whatever "agenda" you think they have is even remotely the same as altering history books. Never mind the fact that these wouldn't be the same people writing or editing history books. Or more simply, "The fact that a lot of people got butthurt over that piece of dialogue is pathetic."

Adson123

Jun 29, 2020
I really do think you need to step away from the computer and go outside if you think that translators inserting a throwaway one-line joke into an anime for whatever "agenda" you think they have is even remotely the same as altering history books. Never mind the fact that these wouldn't be the same people writing or editing history books. Or more simply, "The fact that a lot of people got butthurt over that piece of dialogue is pathetic."
That would be true, but it became a problem when the author himself said he didnt like it, and they were disrespectful and unprofessional with him, if i am a writer, and you translate my work and i ask you to change it because i didnt like the way you did it and you tell me to "fuck off", you deserve the hate you get, and if you dont see a problem with that, you must be part of It, no wonder America is know for shitty translators and the famous "americanized versions", people got butthurt because its no longer being published in US

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
> its just a joke bruh

they literally say it isn't a joke in their social media posts.
they literally made the argument that "everything is political anyways. so replacing the authors politics with my politics makes no difference" in defense of their changes.

the only pathetic thing is that people actually defend those vandals.
however, justice if finally here. new shows are starting to dual release with AI made translations. And people are celebrating.

Yaminomizu

Nov 26, 2020
1: It wasn't a one-off situation, that season was riddled with unnecessary changes made to the dialogue
2: Its the job of the translator to translate, not to re-write the script
3:You don't have to go out of your way to assume an "agenda" the translation changes were proof enough
Why you seem so hellbent on demonizing people for being upset at sloppy translation work is honestly beyond me

Last edited:

Panfarer

Oct 10, 2017
Im not too convinced on this new EDI model, differs a lot form the original and it looks way too human on the chest skin tecture in my opinion, but we shall see how ti looks in other angles.

As for the whole translation debate thing, I hold no horses in it, as I am from an european country in wich the streaming service isn't even avaliable, but that kind of thing wouldn't fly here, basically because less than 40 years ago we were in a dictatorship wich very heavily changed scripts and dialogue of foreign movies, to the point they didn't even resemble the original because "the public will like it better this way" (and censorship any radical ideas that might change the status quo). Having that in recent collective memory, the only changes that are allowed now are those wich keep in line with the perceived intention of the author.

JAV4Life

Aug 27, 2018
let me go full retard for a second, i know some creators do image sets or one-off pinups whatever as well as animations but since this is the "animation & loops" section, at what point is it okay to post non-animated stuff they're making or is it per creator or does it depend on who updates the thread.

nedo_021

Jan 8, 2024
Any reason why Rigid decided to go for non canon faces for Mass Effect girls like Femshep and Miranda? They look odd.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes