RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm at that very point myself. I froze for a moment, unable to move on. I've saved the decision point, so it is now time to mourn the Skyler/Jessica threesome that will never happen and move forward with one of the two paths.
This is exactly me... I just freeze there for minute and posted that picture and that comment of mine...

Reactions: Abagofbabies

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This is exactly me... I just freeze there for minute and posted that picture and that comment of mine...
Based upon the discussions here, I knew it was coming, so it wasn't a big surprise. But when it did actually happen (with no green option) it was still a bit jarring.

Without available labels, I'm now saving Skylar path on the top row, Jessica path on the bottom.

Last edited:

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
New Update

Downloads

-Links moved to OP

Changelog:
-Bugs/errors have been fixed.
-More typos have been fixed.
-A certain choice has been altered or reworded.

NO NEW CONTENT

Here is a new updated version of 0.3.5 with some fixes for errors and a bunch of more typos have been fixed.
Also, the choice that everyone has disliked has been slightly changed. I don't want to scare you guys too much.
Thanks for all the input on the game.

Last edited:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Awesome update! Even if I usually don't put much emphasis on animation in visual novels, I couldn't help but enjoy every single frame. It's really amazing what can be squeezed out of HS models. As always, I can't wait for the next update. Thank you for the wonderful game Jestur.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Awesome update! Even if I usually don't put much emphasis on animation in visual novels, I couldn't help but enjoy every single frame. It's really amazing what can be squeezed out of HS models. As always, I can't wait for the next update. Thank you for the wonderful game Jestur.
Thanks Thorin!
I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yeah, us devs are pushing HS to the absolute limit. :LOL:
I bet Illusion never thought HS would be used in such a way.

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
What surprise me more is the composition of the background and environment. It's obviously been kit bashed and assembled on their own, creating customs environments instead of using the pre-made ones. It's obvious how many are using the same pre-made rooms and interiors and seeing someone actually try and make their own decoration is fantastic. It's the same method i'm planning to use on my own VN project.

This spark a question to Jestur: Do you have experience or background in video games? The well-thought-out design aspect of Ripples is obviously not from an unexperienced hand. I can recognize many important aspects in 3D environment design, character design and writing. And the quality of the animation is definitely much better than usual, especially for custom animations.

I wished there was more experienced game dev in general in the lewd genre. Many mistakes and oversight i see in other games are quite basic

Also: Pretty sure that's Modular Houses from QuadArt, haha. Excellent pack, i used the same one a long time ago.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Gibson59 and Jestur

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Jestur Thanks for amazing update (y) I told this months ago in my rewiew when i first play this game but honestly some of girls realy can use some hair changes. Some girls like Krystal looks little bit unattractive with their current/original hairs. Honestly i wasnt interested that much with her until this update but with this cosplay hair i realy love her. She looks amazing. I hope you will change her original hair to someting like that, because its suits her a lot more than her original one.

Screenshot_2-horz.jpg

And secondly i think Jessica's hair could use some changes aswell. Her hair is not that much bad like Krystal's hair. But still she can use some change for her hair aswell. Overrall thanks for update and your efforts <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jestur

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
What surprise me more is the composition of the background and environment. It's obviously been kit bashed and assembled on their own, creating customs environments instead of using the pre-made ones. It's obvious how many are using the same pre-made rooms and interiors and seeing someone actually try and make their own decoration is fantastic. It's the same method i'm planning to use on my own VN project.

This spark a question to Jestur: Do you have experience or background in video games? The well-thought-out design aspect of Ripples is obviously not from an unexperienced hand. I can recognize many important aspects in 3D environment design, character design and writing. And the quality of the animation is definitely much better than usual, especially for custom animations.

I wished there was more experienced game dev in general in the lewd genre. Many mistakes and oversight i see in other games are quite basic

Also: Pretty sure that's Modular Houses from QuadArt, haha. Excellent pack, i used the same one a long time ago.
First, thank you for the kinds words and for recognizing the effort I have put into Ripples.

Your first question: No, I don't have any experience in video game design. I used to work in IT, though. So I'm pretty good with computers. I'm glad you recognized the customization I put into Ripples. A lot of people don't realize I have gone out of the way to mod my own items and maps. Of course, not all maps and items in Ripples are stuff I modded/ported or created from scratch. When I created the first update, I knew I wanted the MC's house to be custom and not the same house lots of other devs are using. So I found some tutorials and starting learning basic Unity skills to create the MC house from scratch. Other maps I created or modded into HS were the school, mobile store, the inside of Darci's/Jackie's house, Alyssa/Scarletts house and I can't remember what else. A couple of those were ported from Daz too.
One thing I learned pretty quickly, was that no HS modders modded items from the '90s. So I had to search 3d modeling sites looking for old laptops, nokia phones, CRT TVs, and whatever else and mod them myself.

Anyways, I am just blabbing on now. Thanks for playing Ripples.

Jestur Thanks for amazing update (y) I told this months ago in my rewiew when i first play this game but honestly some of girls realy can use some hair changes. Some girls like Krystal looks little bit unattractive with their current/original hairs. Honestly i wasnt interested that much with her until this update but with this cosplay hair i realy love her. She looks amazing. I hope you will change her original hair to someting like that, because its suits her a lot more than her original one.

View attachment 1292961

And secondly i think Jessica's hair could use some changes aswell. Her hair is not that much bad like Krystal's hair. But still she can use some change for her hair aswell. Overrall thanks for update and your efforts <3
Haha, yeah I agree about the hairstyles. I made some terrible choices when I first started. Girls change their hairstyles all the time so I don't mind changing some of them in the game. And I agree about Jessica, still playing around and looking to possibly change hers too. I just want to find one I think fits that won't change her appearance too much.

Last edited:

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
First, thank you for the kinds words and for recognizing the effort I have put into Ripples.

Your first question: No, I don't have any experience in video game design. I used to work in IT, though. So I'm pretty good with computers. I'm glad you recognized the customization I put into Ripples. A lot of people don't realize I have gone out of the way to mod my own items and maps. Of course, not all maps and items in Ripples are stuff I modded/ported or created from scratch. When I created the first update, I knew I wanted the MC to be custom and not the same house lots of other devs are using. So I found some tutorials and starting learning basic Unity skills to create the MC house from scratch. Other maps I created or modded into HS were the school, mobile store, the inside of Darci's/Jackies house, Alyssa/Scarletts house and I can't remember what else. A couple of those were ported from Daz too.
One thing I learned people quickly, was that no HS modders modded items from the '90s. So I had to search 3d modeling sites looking for old laptops, nokia phones, CRT TVs and whatever else and mod them myself.

Anyways, I am just blabbing on now. Thanks for playing Ripples.
That's awesome. Honestly, you could have fooled me. I guess that IT experience you had made you at least aware of the complexity (And the necessity) of the custom assets and many other major parts of Ripples. Now of course you can't make everything from scratch (That's never been a realistic course of action for small projects anyway) but the important aspect is to be original about their implementation. Most pre-made assets are meant to be re-used and mashed together in a larger picture, with a pre-made example being demonstrated purely for reference. But almost everyone goes the lazy way and just use the example scene.

Something as simple as moving stuff around in a pre-made interior and changing some colors can make all the difference in making your game distinguishable from the others.

I've made a review on your game, that i think present fairly all the wonderful things you did right. There is a few flaws too, but i understand their uses and well, something tells me you already knew about them.

On a ending note: I genuinely hope your project continue to succeed. You're already on a very solid track. Cheers.

P.S: Just throwing it out there, if you want advice and tips, I'll be happy to oblige, since I have experience in indie games. No obligations, of course.

Reactions: Jestur

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It was a surprise the first time I saw the bedroom I'd associated with SLF used in other games. I've come to believe that the park that so many use is actually a nexus point between all the games that use it. I'd love it if developers had an other game character cameo there.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Got through the (now almost) latest version earlier today. I enjoyed this update. Some disappointment over not having more content BUT it needs to be understood the game was already up to day 3 part 1 when I first played, so my perspective is skewed. The update was not short.

I'm intrigued by Luna (also, hot hot hot! Now I'm imaging Luna and Skylar together with the MC.)
Yoga session was super sexy. More Valerie!
I'm still having fun with Krystal even though she's my least favourite of all the girls; I have a feeling being with her will lead to more hot stuff like the scene with Daphne.
Darci is still adorable but ... dare I say I'm a little bored of her. Hope her dropping the Sensei thing and starting to be open about her feelings changes that. But since this isn't a harem game and I doubt we'll end up with lots of different girls, I'm okay with her not being end game.
The scene with Janelle, oh my!

I wish the story of his dad and the power plant and the time traveling could have advanced more. I'd have taken that over the cosplay scene. I hope the next update will focus more on this (with at least one or two good sexy scenes.) Waiting in anticipation!

On to the controversial part of the update: the Choice!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I understand some people want all content. And some people want all girls. And in some games I like that. But I don't see why every game has to cater for people who only want that. I enjoy having to make choices. I may feel a little sad that I don't get everyone, but it makes the character(s) I choose more important. And if it will become possible to have everyone (or certain combinations of more than one, but not all) only if you make the right choices, I'm good with that. In the meantime, it seems I can, for the most part, play around with just about everyone.

I wrote most of this post before I went to watch the football. Since then a new version has been posted which makes a change to that choice. I prefer the old wording, but it's not a big deal. Maybe this wording will make some people happier. It's still the same choice, from what I can tell.

Last edited:

antianti

Oct 1, 2020
I've decided to discontinue this Walkthrough because it just seems like not very many people are using it, and I need to cut some content so my workload it more manageable. If someone else wants to pick it up feel free.

Edit: Updated to Ep. 3 Part 1

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
since Zoey Raven felt that "not very many people are using" the walkthrough and has decided to abandon it, are there any people out there who would be interested in creating a new written walkthrough? i think a lot of people avoid wt mods just in case they break saves, so a written walkthrough is often preferable imo.

Reactions: _808 and UrchinHank

UrchinHank

Oct 21, 2017
since Zoey Raven felt that "not very many people are using" the walkthrough and has decided to abandon it, are there any people out there who would be interested in creating a new written walkthrough? i think a lot of people avoid wt mods just in case they break saves, so a written walkthrough is often preferable imo.
Me. I prefer to read about the consequences of my actions, and play blind first before even glancing at any kind of walkthrough, and sometimes I don't want what others might consider the best ending.
A text walkthrough gives me more options, I feel.
I am not, however, the correct person to create said walkthrough, mainly because of time constraints.

Reactions: _808 and antianti

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Awww fuckwaffles you're right, no harem tag. I hate choices. Very indecisive . Imma toss a coin...sister it is.
You know... that is a bit surprising. Cuz sister hasn't had too much development yet but Skylar has auqite a bit. I like Skylar a lot, but the sister, looking so vulnerable sold her for me. That said, I'll probably play through for skylar or hack my game for it.

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes