m3lee

Aug 27, 2017
No spoilers but I am up to a scene with a character named stabby mike and I laughed so fucking hard lmao. not sure what happens after that but yeah fucking almost cried I laughed so hard
Stabby Mike is a character from Caribdis' games, a reoccurring character in Once in a Lifetime and also briefly appears in Eternum. You should check those out as well, they have similarly great vibes as Ripples (y)

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
No spoilers but I am up to a scene with a character named stabby mike and I laughed so fucking hard lmao. not sure what happens after that but yeah fucking almost cried I laughed so hard
For some reason im thinking stabby mike is the convict from Once in a Lifetime the MC lets out of prison when he escapes, that subsequently keeps showing up the most opportune moments to help save the day. Be a cool cameo if its the same character. But could easily be mistaken, its been a long time since the i played that game and last Ripples update feels like a liftime ago(not a complaint just a feeling). either way, now imma be waiting for this scene to find out. lol

Reactions: Ludvinae

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Has anyone played the game without ipatch? I has just seen the beginning that MC is adopted by Tiffany after his father disappearing. And does the whole story change without incest?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Stabby Mike is a character from Caribdis' games, a reoccurring character in Once in a Lifetime and also briefly appears in Eternum. You should check those out as well, they have similarly great vibes as Ripples (y)
He was namedropped in Eternum, but he hasn't appeared throughout the story at all...

...Unless you think Chop-Chop is Mike, in which case no, they are not the same person. At all.

m3lee

Aug 27, 2017
He was namedropped in Eternum, but he hasn't appeared throughout the story at all...

...Unless you think Chop-Chop is Mike, in which case no, they are not the same person. At all.
Yes but isn't he shown briefly in the backgrounds like on the TV or something? Thought that was his small appearance so far and was planned to be referenced again? Felt like I've seen that somewhere in the Eternum discourse since I've been a patron since early in OiaL. Either way, I'm happy that we get to see the Caribdis characters referenced in Ripples. They're both such high quality games and I'm happy to support both.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Yes but isn't he shown briefly in the backgrounds like on the TV or something? Thought that was his small appearance so far and was planned to be referenced again? Felt like I've seen that somewhere in the Eternum discourse since I've been a patron since early in OiaL. Either way, I'm happy that we get to see the Caribdis characters referenced in Ripples. They're both such high quality games and I'm happy to support both.
As far as I remember, Mike Stabby is mentioned at the beginning of the Eternum game, like he is the president or was the president of something like that, if I'm not confused. but he does not appear there.

Reactions: m3lee

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
As I said, he was namedropped by Orion (Eternum's MC) as "Ex-President Stabb" in his intro monologue. There has been no appearance or sighting of him in person in the game, (likely because you can't port HS1 models to HS2, and because Eternum takes place more than a decade after OIAL so Cari will have to recreate his model AND age him up if he's going to have a cameo there).

Which is also why it's easier for Ripples to have cameos from OIAL since they're both using HS1 renders (although Ripples is a lot more modded than OIAL was).

Reactions: MAGO-DAG

somedude0190

May 9, 2020
I haven't tried Once in a Lifetime but I love eternum it's the only game I would put above ripple imo.

Already finished the update. Was amazing but sad I went through it already :(

Can someone cryogeniclly freeze me for a few years so I can play this all the way through start to finish again. Such a fun game with a great story and beautiful women.

Reactions: m3lee

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
Best to wait for full release ( wow that sounded dirty ), waited this long a few weeks more is nothing. Then the mods and patch should be out as well so.
The fact that some are putting malware in games recently is rather off putting, I will wait for clean uploads. Why risk it because of impatience.

4.80 star(s) 299 Votes