VN Ren'Py Rise Again [v0.12] [DirtyDynamics]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
Rise Again 0.11
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Reactions: vegetable

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Win 123 MB/~28 MB (0.12)

Last edited:

XcentY

Jul 15, 2017
Hope you are a dev that will go deep into Ren'Py with coding skills to make this game engine shine :D

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Слишком мало сюжета и слишком много всего в коде. Надеюсь это основа для продолжения и богатого выбора. Кстати насчёт картинок. Они слишком много весят, пока это не заметно, но по добавлению это станет очень ощутимо. Советую перейти с png на jpg, на качество это не повлияет особо, но весить будет раза в три меньше. Картинки png оставить только для тех случаев когда надо будет прозрачность.
Насчёт кода ещё раз. Столько всего выбрано в начале, можно сделать экран с наименованием того что выбрал, что бы не забыть по ходу игры если это важно. Я оставлю ссылку на свою игру там есть экраны с описанием персонажей, в качестве примера для освоения RenPy , там в файле script.rpy в самом начале есть screen simple_screen в которых можно посмотреть как делать простые экраны с информацией. Кстати, там дополнительные скобочки с подчёркиванием (_( , это для того если собираетесь делать перевод своей игры на какой ни будь язык.

Too little plot and too much code. I hope this is the basis for the continuation and a rich choice. Speaking of pictures. They weigh too much, while it is not noticeable, but by the addition it will become very noticeable. I advise you to switch from png to jpg, this will not affect the quality much, but it will weigh three times less. Leave png images only for those cases when transparency is needed.
About the code again. So many things are chosen at the beginning, you can make a screen with the name of what you chose, so as not to forget during the game if this is important. I will leave a link to my game there are screens with character descriptions, as an example for mastering RenPy , there is a screen simple_screen in the script.rpy file at the very beginning in which you can see how to make simple screens with information. By the way, there are additional brackets with an underscore (_( , this is for if you are going to translate your game into any language.

Dirtyboness

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Слишком мало сюжета и слишком много всего в коде. Надеюсь это основа для продолжения и богатого выбора. Кстати насчёт картинок. Они слишком много весят, пока это не заметно, но по добавлению это станет очень ощутимо. Советую перейти с png на jpg, на качество это не повлияет особо, но весить будет раза в три меньше. Картинки png оставить только для тех случаев когда надо будет прозрачность.
Насчёт кода ещё раз. Столько всего выбрано в начале, можно сделать экран с наименованием того что выбрал, что бы не забыть по ходу игры если это важно. Я оставлю ссылку на свою игру там есть экраны с описанием персонажей, в качестве примера для освоения RenPy , там в файле script.rpy в самом начале есть screen simple_screen в которых можно посмотреть как делать простые экраны с информацией. Кстати, там дополнительные скобочки с подчёркиванием (_( , это для того если собираетесь делать перевод своей игры на какой ни будь язык.

Too little plot and too much code. I hope this is the basis for the continuation and a rich choice. Speaking of pictures. They weigh too much, while it is not noticeable, but by the addition it will become very noticeable. I advise you to switch from png to jpg, this will not affect the quality much, but it will weigh three times less. Leave png images only for those cases when transparency is needed.
About the code again. So many things are chosen at the beginning, you can make a screen with the name of what you chose, so as not to forget during the game if this is important. I will leave a link to my game there are screens with character descriptions, as an example for mastering RenPy , there is a screen simple_screen in the script.rpy file at the very beginning in which you can see how to make simple screens with information. By the way, there are additional brackets with an underscore (_( , this is for if you are going to translate your game into any language.

Wow. Thanks a ton for the information. I'll switch over to jpg with the next update. I don't understand what you mean by "when transparency is needed" and would appreciate it if you could explain what that means. As for translation, I unfortunately don't know any other languages and I'm not willing to rely on machine translation. Though since I'm using ren'py it should be easy enough for someone who is willing to put in the work to translate it to their preferred language if they think its worth it right?

No matter what though, thank you for helping me improve!

Reactions: $@~

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Wow. Thanks a ton for the information. I'll switch over to jpg with the next update. I don't understand what you mean by "when transparency is needed" and would appreciate it if you could explain what that means. As for translation, I unfortunately don't know any other languages and I'm not willing to rely on machine translation. Though since I'm using ren'py it should be easy enough for someone who is willing to put in the work to translate it to their preferred language if they think its worth it right?

Прозрачность. Это файлы png могут иметь прозрачный фон и использоваться поверх другой картинки. пример
scene fon
show картинка с прозрачным фоном поверх неё.
Можно к примеру сделать анимированный фон и поверх неё персонажей, или наоборот, фот статичный , а персонаж анимированный. Тем более если надо то HoneySelect 2 есть возможность делать скриншоты с прозрачным фоном. Настройка F1 Screenshot Manager, там же качество картинки можно настроить если надо или убрать если зависает комп. Насчёт перевода, если надо то можно перевести автоматически и уже потом поправить те места которые не совсем точно перевелись.

Transparency. These png files can have a transparent background and be used on top of another image. example
scene background
show an image with a transparent background over it.
For example, you can make an animated background and characters on top of it, or vice versa, the photo is static, and the character is animated. Moreover, if necessary, HoneySelect 2 has the ability to take screenshots with a transparent background. Setting F1 Screenshot Manager, in the same place, the quality of the picture can be adjusted if necessary or removed if the computer freezes. As for the translation, if necessary, you can translate automatically and only then correct those places that are not quite accurately translated.

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018

Насчёт перевода. Я хотел уточнить, (_( это не надо везде добавлять. При обычном написании этого не требуется, только если надо потом будет перевести текс в созданном экране, при добавление текста таким способом show text, это поверх фона. Ну или если надо перевести имя персонажа которое задал. Пример.
define mk = Character("Melia Keinan") у тебя вот так.
define mk = Character(_("Melia Keinan")) вот так будет переведено при создании перевода. Даже если где то не поставишь скобки то ошибки не будет, будет просто без перевода.
Есть ещё пару моментов, но основную игру можешь писать не задумываясь о том если захочешь перевести, в большей части дополнительные скобки не требуются.
Насчёт качества перевода, по ссылки которую я оставил игра переведена автоматически. Вот этим способом.
https://f95zone.to/threads/detektiv-v0-3-voronkov.82794/post-7792420

Ещё дополнения насчёт картинок с прозрачный фоном. Можно сделать фоном видео или как уже сказал зацикленную анимацию. В студии довольно легко записывать видео если надо. Как добавлять видео. Вдруг нужно будет. Код. Вместо точек пробелы.

init:
....image vid = Movie(play="images/video1.webm")
label start:
....scene vid
...."text"

About translation. I wanted to clarify, (_( this does not need to be added everywhere. In normal writing, this is not required, only if you later need to translate the text in the created screen, when adding text in this way show text, this is on top of the background. Well, or if you need to translate the name of the character which you set.Example.
define mk = Character("Melia Keinan") like this.
define mk = Character(_("Melia Keinan")) will be translated like this when creating a translation. Even if you don’t put brackets somewhere, there will be no error, it will just be without translation.
There are a couple more points, but you can write the main game without thinking about if you want to translate, for the most part additional brackets are not required.
As for the quality of the translation, the link that I left the game translated automatically. Here in this way.
https://f95zone.to/threads/detektiv-v0-3-voronkov.82794/post-7792420

More additions about pictures with a transparent background. You can make a video background or, as I said, a looped animation. In the studio, it is quite easy to record video if necessary. How to add video. Suddenly it will be necessary. The code. Spaces instead of dots.

init:
....image vid = Movie(play="images/video1.webm")

label start:
....scene vid
...."text"

XcentY

Jul 15, 2017
Honestly I'm learning Ren'py as I make this game. But I have big ideas and I'm using this as an opportunity to explore some ideas and learn the engine. I hope I eventually meet your expectations :) .
That's always the best :) Learning by yourself. Do your own mistakes and master the tool :D

Reactions: Balloo

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020

Most of the times the webp format can take even less space than jpeg. I suggest you take a look, what works best for you.

OnlyMeme

Mar 31, 2018
That tall girl caught my attention but she's not inside the game yet. :cry:
The mc is tall but I hope that tall girl is much taller than him lol.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
P.S Not all girls will be attainable in a single playthrough.
Harem possible but will not have every girl.
Ok, I guess this answers my previous question:

Does this mean that at some point we are going to have to choose one between several LIs?
I never see more than one ending, so not being able to get all the LIs in one game has killed most of my interest in the game.

In any case, thanks for the game and good luck.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote