NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Is joining a brothel practically just a "submissive whore route" ?
I like to be given a choice and this was pretty much just "go there and blow that guy".

I'm just wondering if the brothel is a core part of the main story or if it's just a few extra scenes in exchange for money.
(Honestly, I'd be more interested in visiting a brothel as a customer and not as an attendant.)
I hate games that force me to whore myself out, because it's the only way to continue the story...
Just extra scenes. I think NecroBunny mentioned before they would make it optional in the future for the people who don't want it. :)
It already is optional. It was an experiment that we didn't quite like the result. That line was fully abandoned and we might remove it when we release the final version of the game.

NecroBunnyStudios
Since version 0.97 "STATS" button stopped working.
All I see is a blank screen. This also applies to old save games.
In version 0.95 everything works without problems.
Thanks! I'll see what's going on.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
It already is optional. It was an experiment that we didn't quite like the result. That line was fully abandoned and we might remove it when we release the final version of the game.
Funny you bring that up. I also felt that it was somewhat inconsistent with the main character's overall story. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad, and there are definitely players who like things like that, but it doesn't really fit the main character.

Maybe if you changed a few sentences a bit and added a bit more dominant option like:
"""I agree to your terms, but I will choose my own customers. I won't be "free to use" for everyone."""
And of course the option to reject customers would be welcome.

Personally, I think that working as a girl in a brothel has a future, but not in the current form where the main character is reduced to just fuckmeat.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
NecroBunnyStudios
I'm not sure which way you decided to bend the lore for your world, but isn't it more common that it was devils who used to be angelic beings and not demons/daemons?

I'm a huge D&D fan and when I see something like this, I have to speak up.
;)

photocaseep2cp2mq3.jpg

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Not in this game's lore.
Seraphs and Deamons were all created by Anun, the same deity (think it was a god instead of goddess but not sure right now) who also made their world and later devided it in three realms to stop their infighting from destroy everything.

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Dec 25, 2022 at 11:59 PM
Early Access Build v0.9.6!
Edit: This version is now available for everyone! <3

Download it
Ho ho ho, everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! <3

We hope you've all been having a wonderful holiday season and... oh, what's that?! It seems that Santa Vane and Banshee (The Ghost of Christmas Tiddies) have left a brand new build on your sock! Hooray!

This new build adds a new scene with Evelyn (a.k.a. Mordred), although it's not a sexy encounter... yet. It is still a sizeable scene with tons of vampire lore and the beginning of her dom/sub relationship with Catherine, so we hope it is still a treat to you goth gf lovers out there! (Just please have in mind that you need to have done her first sex scene, and that your Cath is nice and single, otherwise Lena might get some murderous ideas...)
We also planned on having Amelie's scene ready, as well as a preview to Khai's scene, but holiday shenanigans, burnout and Banshee's poor health ended up getting in the way this time...

Still, we hope you all enjoy this new bundle of content we prepared for you all, we'll be sure to get plenty of rest to get those lewd scenes and CGs shiny and ready as soon as we can! <3

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Not in this game's lore.
Seraphs and Deamons were all created by Anun, the same deity (think it was a god instead of goddess but not sure right now) who also made their world and later devided it in three realms to stop their infighting from destroy everything.
That still doesn't rule out a direct connection to the D&D ;)

D&D universe is made up of closed capsules that represent individual worlds. Toril (More than 90% of things always take place here) is only the most famous of them. There are many other and also alternate timelines where many things are similar but some are fundamentally different.

Although many things may differ, demons and angels are fundamentally unchanging things, given their origin. It is similar to, say, the elemental sphere of fire. Elementals simply cannot exist if this realm does not exist and even the existence of fire magic is then questionable.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
That still doesn't rule out a direct connection to the D&D ;)

D&D universe is made up of closed capsules that represent individual worlds. Toril (More than 90% of things always take place here) is only the most famous of them. There are many other and also alternate timelines where many things are similar but some are fundamentally different.

Although many things may differ, demons and angels are fundamentally unchanging things, given their origin. It is similar to, say, the elemental sphere of fire. Elementals simply cannot exist if this realm does not exist and even the existence of fire magic is then questionable.
The game is inspired by D&D not set in the D&D universe. Although, what's beyond Valarien is a mystery even to me. The god that created everything has left, implying that there is more in the cosmos, but nobody know where he went, or what is there beyond. Daemons and Celestials in my world are just names for an ancient race of immortals created by this god. They're not divine in any way, but they have created the races of the world by using their advanced technology and magic. So ancient aliens stuff.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
The game is inspired by D&D not set in the D&D universe. Although, what's beyond Valarien is a mystery even to me. The god that created everything has left, implying that there is more in the cosmos, but nobody know where he went, or what is there beyond. Daemons and Celestials in my world are just names for an ancient race of immortals created by this god. They're not divine in any way, but they have created the races of the world by using their advanced technology and magic. So ancient aliens stuff.
I don't know how familiar you are with how the D&D universe works, but you can afford to do some pretty wild stuff. Although things like the elemental sphere of fire are common to all worlds, each world has its own races, its own gods, and its own level of technology. So far, I haven't seen much that directly contradicts what is commonly found on these worlds.

I guess I should actually take back my original objection as well, because the people of your world can just use different terminology ;)

P.S.
Since you're in a chatty mood, may I ask what exactly is a Veil ?

Is it just a layer that envelops the world and separates it from pure magical energy, or is it more complex? Mages in your world can summon spirits, so there are other realms and probably other worlds, so everything outside of your world can't be pure magic. Or is all the emptiness of the universe filled with magic? Considering the main character's profession, I dare say that something so important should have been explained a little better in the game.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
P.S.
Since you're in a chatty mood, may I ask what exactly is a Veil ?

Is it just a layer that envelops the world and separates it from pure magical energy, or is it more complex? Mages in your world can summon spirits, so there are other realms and probably other worlds, so everything outside of your world can't be pure magic. Or is all the emptiness of the universe filled with magic? Considering the main character's profession, I dare say that something so important should have been explained a little better in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
And Catherine is using a sieve as one. :LOL:

ps: Strange the mods didn't updated the thread yet. Unless i dreamed everything pretty sure i reported my post with the news and the link for the public V0.9.6. :unsure:
Let me try it.

v0.9.6 is now free to play! You can get it !

This one was a little shorter than usual as it was our release at the end of last year. Still, we added a new scene with our vampire Evelyn that is also the start of her romance route. There has been a lot of request for a sub route for Catherine and we have aimed to deliver! Evelyn route is a fully dom route where she seeks to unleash Catherine's submissive side. We hope you enjoy it!

1 New Scene
10k words added.

CrazyDriver

May 7, 2020
did you guys had any idea that Kyo would be this famous of a character? everytime i see a popularity pool she is almost always at the top!

not complaining, she is my favorite aswell.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hehehe Murder Waifu being jealous of Mordred/Evelyn was fun, even more after Lena poke Catherine about her being submissive. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ps: Noticed some new entries on the codex. Not sure when they were put there but nice. :geek:

did you guys had any idea that Kyo would be this famous of a character? everytime i see a popularity pool she is almost always at the top!

not complaining, she is my favorite aswell.
Not at all, in fact I remember a lot of people complaining about her.
People used to mostly hate her(myself included) for how she treated Cat. At least until Kyo opened her heart to Catherine, trying to make amends.

heellothere

Jun 20, 2021

Thanks! I'll see what's going on.
I hope you keep it on with some more options for people who either prefer going a more submissive route and whore themselves out but also options for people to take more control or even go there as a customer.

Reactions: wowlol_ and Ressxd
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes