NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Why is is when I click on an arrow in the CG gallery, instead of going to the next image, it instead goes to different image. One that I didn't unlock.
Bugs, bugs everywhere. I fixed it yesterday and it's going to be working properly in the next build.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aredelya

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Poor Eleanor has a fair amount of competion lately for face time, it's true. While she's gaining the knighthood, growing sorta as a person, and steadily becoming more skilled, but it almost feels like she's steadily wandering into the background accidentally compared to some of the other cast members, despite being integral and a constant part of the plot. ..Which is confusing.

Good, even great with a sword, sure, but there are several other martial inclined characters that, despite their baggage, can have a great more appeal. Her wild magic angle hasn't had too much face time, and when she does pop up now and then it's mostly to say something a bit short sighted, occasionaly racist, or just a but.. euuugh. On the flip side, she *is* courageous, and is absolutely willing to have Catherine's back 100%. And for the record, you can absolutely have derp characters that still have buckets and buckets of charisma. Dunno if Eli is there yet, though. But if anything it is super important to have that contrast in smart/clever/wise between 'em, otherwise they all start feeling the same.

Really, she's almost a backdrop for a different standard protagonist setting (the plucky sword slinger).

It may also be due to the sudden shift in setting, come to think of it. The adventuring duo of El and Cath was a pretty brief affair, or so it seems. Routed the kobolds as a prologue, fought the orks, got the magic bits, did a little traveling, then boom, big battle in the town and they are split up, Cath is now a rising master mage, has part ownership of the tavern, and El is even further removed from interacting with her on the regular. Cath is trying unsuccessfully to retire, and even has a sexy half orc writing a litteral ballad about her.

Not saying these aren't deserved or likely results from what they have been doing (they *have* almost been killed.. five? six times now?), but it does seem like the adventuring speed dial was overclocked. We barely had much in the way of interaction with their handler, for example. Where are all the sexy shortstacks at?

For contrast of other martial inclined types, you have a beserking tsundere assassin with an eyepatch, a sexy squid hair plot/thot device, a stalwart horned guard captain that is on the wrong end of the race war (whom is just as ripped if not more, should that be your thing), and most recently a level headed, mostly immortal being deft with a halberd (as well as other large, blunt lances we assume) and possessing possibly a literal heart of gold, whom also can give us insight and lore into factions and magical races barely even mentioned before now.

The Seraphs wang aside, that's some stiff competion, Eli. Good luck! Silver lining, she is absolutely going to be involved when everything goes pear shaped back at home, within the courts, knighthood, or whatever.

If she wasn't already in the knighthood, I would have suggested her be the boots on the ground, rump in occasionally in the air type, acting as a part time adventurer, part time waitress for Cath's tavern. Or maybe a waitress/muscle/bouncer combo, because why not. Also, I thought Kyo or somebody had started giving her magic pew pew lessons at the tower-- is that no longer a thing?
Eleanor will have her time to shine in chapter 6. And she is still developing her fighting style, hard to compete when she is being compared to people that are hundreds of years old in some cases... But... I have a feeling she's going to get there at some point.

mcmng

May 19, 2020
If people want Eleanor to take the lead so badly I'd suggest for her to do one or both things that fighters do in order to catch up with wizards: Acquire lots of magic items and multiclass into a magic user (yes I know she has a level or two of sorcerer but that isn't enough, she needs more). Powergaming in DnD is boring tho imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If people want Eleanor to take the lead so badly I'd suggest for her to do one or both things that fighters do in order to catch up with wizards: Acquire lots of magic items and multiclass into a magic user (yes I know she has a level or two of sorcerer but that isn't enough, she needs more). Powerplay in DnD is boring tho imo.
Eleanor is the 2nd person Kyo has agreed to train, Kyo wouldn't train anyone if she didn't think she was worth it.

Considering how easy Ele can access her magic it's only a matter of time before she can compete with most wizards. She'll never be on Cat's level, there aren't many that are but Ele could probably roflstomp most trainees already.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Well Eleanor is also a natural submissive which is probably another incentive for Kyo to "train" her. :p

It will be interesting if/how her knight training and Kyo's training will conflict. If we get to see that at all. Seems like most of that will be happening off screen.

dark0s

Oct 11, 2019
So many characters, so little time. 2 people developing a game with a roster of what, like 10-12 characters now? Very cynical about extensive development of each one of them at this point. Still, hoping for the best.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
So many characters, so little time. 2 people developing a game with a roster of what, like 10-12 characters now? Very cynical about extensive development of each one of them at this point. Still, hoping for the best.
This game has more character development than the marjority of other games around F95Zone, coupled with a really good and detailed story and world building. Plus really beautiful artwork.

I would be cynical about the average "landlady games" that seem to pop here every month. But not this one.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I doubt they will get extensive development, the romance stuff is side content but they still have character development.

The extensive stuff is the main story.

Anyone not involved in the main plot likely won't get many scenes. Their stories are told through questions. Seralli is only seen a couple of times yet still gets her story across during those times she is seen.

The key is use of time not the amount of it. Lena has a massive amount of character growth yet she isn't shown constantly. Those times she is shown there is something going on that shows her grow as a character.

Briwala goes from someone Cat disliked to one of her closest friends yet she doesn't take up massive amounts of time.

Eleanor and Cat didn't get along much at first but through the plot they get so close that Eleanor is willing to stand up to the Emperor, a man she hero worships, just to be able to stay with Cat and protect her.

Good writing and good use of time within the plot and interactions is how it works.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019
Nothing happens when I enter the game, I get moved to a menu of sorts but there are no options. Anybody else got the same problem? I'm on android, my phone is a Redmi note 9s

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Nothing happens when I enter the game, I get moved to a menu of sorts but there are no options. Anybody else got the same problem? I'm on android, my phone is a Redmi note 9s
I'm having trouble getting the game to run on android 11, and in some rare cases on 10. Sorry, but I haven't been able to fix this problem yet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aredelya

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Seems like Android messed with permissions in the newest updates. Better go play the game on pc, at least until Unity makes a workaround update.

edit: ninja'ed.

Twisted peel

Sep 12, 2020
Eleanor is the 2nd person Kyo has agreed to train, Kyo wouldn't train anyone if she didn't think she was worth it.

Considering how easy Ele can access her magic it's only a matter of time before she can compete with most wizards. She'll never be on Cat's level, there aren't many that are but Ele could probably roflstomp most trainees already.
I suspect elly was right when she assumed kyo's reasonings for training her. If elly was even just a little bit stronger, that meant cat would be safer on their adventures

I mean, even after being such a hard ass for 8 years, she has cried and been emotional with cat multiple times since her confession. She really did always love her, in her own twisted way ofcourse

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
If people want Eleanor to take the lead so badly I'd suggest for her to do one or both things that fighters do in order to catch up with wizards: Acquire lots of magic items and multiclass into a magic user (yes I know she has a level or two of sorcerer but that isn't enough, she needs more).
Two words: dragon disciple.

4 levels in give you +4 boost to STR, with +3 effective levels for her sorc class (though another level in it gives Blindsense which is pretty darn nice). You can either put the rest in Fighter for feat-heavy build, or go more magic-oriented with Sorc for combat buff or touch attack setup. Going all in doesn't really pay off, DD is too front-loaded for that.

Now, for feats, you probably want to invest in...

Uh, wait, which forum is this, again?
Powergaming in DnD is boring tho imo.
The power of the Munchkin compels you!

Also, two more words as an irrefutable argument, in the best Bioware tradition: dragon romance.

mcmng

May 19, 2020
Two words: dragon disciple.

4 levels in give you +4 boost to STR, with +3 effective levels for her sorc class (though another level in it gives Blindsense which is pretty darn nice). You can either put the rest in Fighter for feat-heavy build, or go more magic-oriented with Sorc for combat buff or touch attack setup. Going all in doesn't really pay off, DD is too front-loaded for that.

Now, for feats, you probably want to invest in...

Uh, wait, which forum is this, again?

The power of the Munchkin compels you!

Also, two more words as an irrefutable argument, in the best Bioware tradition: dragon romance.
It's all fun and games until the group's mage decides to multiclass into a Mystic Theurge ergo the most antifun prestige class in the core rules of 3.5

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes