Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Where are the saves? I didn't see them when I started Ch 2, and when I went back to the folder with Ch 1, they were not visible in the executable either. I'm not going to restart the whole game to get to Ch 2.

rateezy

Apr 15, 2018
yo, what the hell caused me to trigger the game over scene lol, is it linear or could i avoid it?

ineedaname555

Jun 14, 2017
yo, what the hell caused me to trigger the game over scene lol, is it linear or could i avoid it?
If you're referring to the slavery game over you need to have over 300 gold iirc before the rent time, the days are mention at the bar top left of the screen.

There is more than enough time to finish all the content before the deadline and the only way to get the game over is to wait it out.

shady31

May 31, 2017
Where are the saves? I didn't see them when I started Ch 2, and when I went back to the folder with Ch 1, they were not visible in the executable either. I'm not going to restart the whole game to get to Ch 2.
They were reset because of new features and whatnot. You can skip text that you've already seen with Ctrl, and all text with Enter on the Numpad. It's pretty quick and it only took me a minute or so get back to Chapter 2.

Reactions: Joe Steel

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I know you probably won't let us leave her corpse in a ditch somewhere or just abandon her entirely, but I do ask that there either be a way to avoid the kidnapping scene, or just let us not be friendly with her from now on. That is an act I would never forgive, so I'd like to just have the option to be a bitch to her for the rest of the game, seeing as I'm stuck with her but still hate her.
No. The developer isn't going to completely write a character out of their game because you don't like their personality, nor are they going to write up a bunch of "You're a bitch" dialogue retorts to everything that character says, nor are they going to allow a player to skip out on a scene that is obviously not intended to be skipped. If you really hate that character so much that you can't even stand the thought of reading Catherine talking to her then you're going to want to find another game. It's fine to have an opinion about a character, but the "dear developer I don't like her please remove her from the game" needs to stop.

RoadGork

Dec 16, 2017
No. The developer isn't going to completely write a character out of their game because you don't like their personality, nor are they going to write up a bunch of "You're a bitch" dialogue retorts to everything that character says, nor are they going to allow a player to skip out on a scene that is obviously not intended to be skipped. If you really hate that character so much that you can't even stand the thought of reading Catherine talking to her then you're going to want to find another game. It's fine to have an opinion about a character, but the "dear developer I don't like her please remove her from the game" needs to stop.
Amount of hate for Eleanor is surprising. I mean that a big chunk of text lol.

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
the "dear developer I don't like her please remove her from the game" needs to stop.
Did you not read the addendum I put at the very top of the reply? I was rather heated when I wrote that part and admitted as such. I even gave a better suggestion too. I think it would be to the benefit of the game if we had some sort of redemption for her, rather than just passing if off like a joke, or didn't happen, or that the player should just automatically forgive this breach of trust. Allowing us to be defiant to Kyo is definitely a step in the right direction, and Kyo feels like an almost entirely different character than she did from the start, which is for the better in my opinion. But, none of this really fixes the issue with Eleanor. I stand by my statement that the dev went too hard on Kyo's constant abuse early in the game, and that it happens right next to Eleanor without her even acknowledging it doesn't paint Eleanor in a favorable light. She does come off as callous because of it, and it would be nice to have a scene of her at the very least trying to make amends for her mistake or trying to get Kyo to not be so harsh to her friend.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
Did you not read the addendum I put at the very top of the reply? I was rather heated when I wrote that part and admitted as such. I even gave a better suggestion too
Yeah I read the appendum, where you said that you're still making all of your points and that you "hope someone takes it to heart". -->
I'm still posting this as-is though, as I hope someone takes it to heart how upsetting such scenes can be to players before adding a scene like that to their own game.
So my post still stands. Not that the appendum really absolves you of any of the opinions anyway. You can't just make an entire post like that and have a short little disclaimer up top and think that no one can say anything about your gigantic message explaining your burning hatred for Eleanor and asking the developer to do something about it.

Last edited:

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Amount of hate for Eleanor is surprising. I mean that a big chunk of text lol.
I don't think anyone wants me to go into detail as to what circumstances could lead to a scene like that making me so upset. So lets just leave it as different lives lead to different perspectives. To someone who might not have had to deal with an abusive authority figure, it might just seem like a fantasy romp with some stereotypically rude people thrown in. From another perspective though, this sounds like the magical equivalent to a school-shooting about to happen. Being constantly treated like garbage for years of your life does things to a person, and finally breaking free of it only to have every opportunity slammed shut by some pompous asshole you barely even know, and then for an intimate 'friend' to quite literally drag you back to your abuser? That isn't very funny, and hits a little too close to home for me.

Yeah I read the appendum, where you said that you're still making all of your points and that you "hope someone takes it to heart". -->

So my post still stands.
"takes it to heart how upsetting such scenes can be" Not the points, the emotion. At least use the full context. You even put the full quote up.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I don't think anyone wants me to go into detail as to what circumstances could lead to a scene like that making me so upset. So lets just leave it as different lives lead to different perspectives. To someone who might not have had to deal with an abusive authority figure, it might just seem like a fantasy romp with some stereotypically rude people thrown in. From another perspective though, this sounds like the magical equivalent to a school-shooting about to happen. Being constantly treated like garbage for years of your life does things to a person, and finally breaking free of it only to have every opportunity slammed shut by some pompous asshole you barely even know, and then for an intimate 'friend' to quite literally drag you back to your abuser? That isn't very funny, and hits a little too close to home for me.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. But this is a game. If you don't like it, if some scenes in the game cause you to relive harsh memories, then go play something else. Don't ask the developer to change it because you're not comfortable with it.

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry you had to go through that. But this is a game. If you don't like it, if some scenes in the game cause you to relive harsh memories, then go play something else. Don't ask the developer to change it because you're not comfortable with it.
After I calmed down, I'm wasn't even asking for a change to what is already in the game. I liked Eleanor, but I'd like, if later on in the game, we finally get that scene that I was hoping for. I just want to see her stand up for her friend.

Meles

Jun 19, 2017
Also, it seems that banks in this world are surprisingly reasonable:

150000 gp loan with 300 gp monthly payment as interest means 2,4% interest rate, which is lower than USA federal student loan interest afaik. This is provided that 300 gp is all interest, without house rent and payments to reduce the base of the debt, which would drop IR even further (And it would be funny if the resulted IR will be lower than the Fed's)

This might be because the slavery counts as a good enough collateral, but still.

I'd like to know more about economics of the world. If it seems that two well-done quests and a side-gig are enough to pay out the interest and then some, she might not have a lot of problems paying it out...

In 30-45 years, if my estimations are correct, unless Emperor suddenly dies and gets replaced by dimension-traveling Bernie Sanders.

However, I doubt that we'll both have to play for 30 years and/or that Sanders will learn plane shift, so I think there will be another way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

Detesteorare

Apr 14, 2018
Was having the same problem as this fellow
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-of-the-white-flower-ch-2-0-necrobunnystudios.48770/post-3599917
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-of-the-white-flower-ch-2-0-necrobunnystudios.48770/post-3600498
where only the hair would show and the rest would be completely white.
Screenshot - 6_5_2020 , 4_32_11 PM.png
If anyone else has this problem I fixed it by moving the folder from a lengthy file hierarchy to a location with a smaller file hierarchy or basically just shortening how long the hierarchy was.

Ex. C:\Users\name\Downloads\examplelongname\toomanyletters\Rise of the White Flower [Ch. 2.0] [NecroBunnyStudios]
into C:\Users\name\Downloads\Rise of the White Flower)

Not exactly versed on the technical aspect but my hypothesis is that the assets (except for hair) all have long names so if a character limit is reached in accessing them then they won't load.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
... I'm lost...
By magic you mean an actual spell we cast manually, an event where it happens automatically or cheats...?

flyingfalcon65

May 11, 2017
Was having the same problem as this fellow
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-of-the-white-flower-ch-2-0-necrobunnystudios.48770/post-3599917
https://f95zone.to/threads/rise-of-the-white-flower-ch-2-0-necrobunnystudios.48770/post-3600498
where only the hair would show and the rest would be completely white.
View attachment 682728
If anyone else has this problem I fixed it by moving the folder from a lengthy file hierarchy to a location with a smaller file hierarchy or basically just shortening how long the hierarchy was.

Ex. C:\Users\name\Downloads\examplelongname\toomanyletters\Rise of the White Flower [Ch. 2.0] [NecroBunnyStudios]
into C:\Users\name\Downloads\Rise of the White Flower)

Not exactly versed on the technical aspect but my hypothesis is that the assets (except for hair) all have long names so if a character limit is reached in accessing them then they won't load.
Verifying that this worked. Thank you for figuring it out.

Reactions: Detesteorare
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes