NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Any hope 'outfit' choice will have impact on what's going on in-universe in the future? Like actually being able to go streaking in the city or to mess with Eleanore when she starts on adventuring in the buff again.

Also, after reading the MC's description I seriously expected Eleanore to get fondled by the root while she has to hold still so as to not agitate it more.
Not in the foreseeable future. But, maybe one day.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
oK, I'll keep this short but sweet...

The art is still good... and the story is quite interesting...

With that said, this chapter wasn't really for me; I currently called it a night/morning at the choice where you decide to go to the great forest and the other place. The reason, why this chapter wasn't for me, is simply because unless I missed something so far the only m/f scene was a grope/masturbation in the bar. every other scene was lesbian and dick girls which aren't my cup of tea and I tried to avoid every scene that was going that direction except for the one that was unavoidable.

If those are your interests, then I highly recommend playing the game!

Sep 24, 2017

With that said, this chapter wasn't really for me; I currently called it a night/morning at the choice where you decide to go to the great forest and the other place. The reason, why this chapter wasn't for me, is simply because unless I missed something so far the only m/f scene was a grope/masturbation in the bar. every other scene was lesbian and dick girls which aren't my cup of tea and I tried to avoid every scene that was going that direction except for the one that was unavoidable.

you missed atleast one other m/f scene i know of

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020

There is one more m/f on the Gorge. Also, the game over scene is a m/f.

Reactions: Aredelya

ineedaname555

Jun 14, 2017
Nice game with good art and the story seems alright so far and since the developer is here i wanted to give some feedback:

-Scene replay: Are there any plans about adding scene replayability ? Right now i have to use saves to rewatch them.

-Gallery Structure: I checked the gallery section after opening the game and was amazed by the amount of locked scenes expecting a lot of cgs only to be surprised that it was actually different variants of the same scene, maybe group all the variants of each scene together ? Also it would be a nice addition if there could be tips on how to unlock locked scenes.

-Dialogue Skip: Another nice addition would be a skipping option to skip text so the progress can be faster.

RoadGork

Dec 16, 2017
Nice game with good art and the story seems alright so far and since the developer is here i wanted to give some feedback:

-Scene replay: Are there any plans about adding scene replayability ? Right now i have to use saves to rewatch them.

-Gallery Structure: I checked the gallery section after opening the game and was amazed by the amount of locked scenes expecting a lot of cgs only to be surprised that it was actually different variants of the same scene, maybe group all the variants of each scene together ? Also it would be a nice addition if there could be tips on how to unlock locked scenes.

-Dialogue Skip: Another nice addition would be a skipping option to skip text so the progress can be faster.
Ctrl? Worked for me. Or you mean option like in RenPy skip unseen text?

Meles

Jun 19, 2017
The biggest question of the chapter - How could it take Cath thirty minutes to bake her bread, when it takes the entire bread-eating world a sixty minutes at minimum? Are we to believe that bread rising is going faster in her kitchen... than on any place on the face of the world? Or that the laws of physics cease to exist in her oven? Or was it magic dough? Did she buy it from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

Well, provided she's a wizard, maybe all of the above, but still it's interesting that if magic is involved in bakery, then cooks guild might have the right on the monopoly, if it employs professional wizards as cooks.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

I just added this yesterday in fact!

I'm thinking about ways to solve this, I mean by chapter 10 the gallery will probably be stupidly big as it is right now. And yes, we want to add a few tips, or at the very least make the thumbnails be slightly visible so you can at least have an idea of what each CG is.

You can use 'Ctrl' to skip all text that you have already read, there is also a secret button which is not quite secret anymore, that's the 'enter' on the 'numpad', it skips all text. If you mean just completely jumping to the next part of the story, I'm working on it.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
The biggest question of the chapter - How could it take Cath thirty minutes to bake her bread, when it takes the entire bread-eating world a sixty minutes at minimum? Are we to believe that bread rising is going faster in her kitchen... than on any place on the face of the world? Or that the laws of physics cease to exist in her oven? Or was it magic dough? Did she buy it from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

Well, provided she's a wizard, maybe all of the above, but still it's interesting that if magic is involved in bakery, then cooks guild might have the right on the monopoly, if it employs professional wizards as cooks.
That's the secret of her cooking. Magic ferment, and drugs. ;)

Nightmare799

Nov 27, 2019
I'm thinking about ways to solve this, I mean by chapter 10 the gallery will probably be stupidly big as it is right now. And yes, we want to add a few tips, or at the very least make the thumbnails be slightly visible so you can at least have an idea of what each CG is.
I mean you could simply have a single thumbnail per position rather than every movement and make the movement a slideshow.

Infernite101

Nov 27, 2019
So is the Windows link chapter 1 and 2? The version I have downloaded only says Chapter 1 in the top right corner.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Addendum: This was supposed to be just a post thanking you for letting me defy Kyo and call her bluff, rather than having the PC immediately give in to her threats like just about every other fucking game does, but I got a bit heated about the topic after seeing someone else bring up that damned kidnapping. I've calmed down now though. Somewhat cathartic to just let it all out. I just really hope I don't encounter anything like that again in the game. I do enjoy the game as a whole, but that scene combined with how Eleanor never said anything about how needlessly cruel Kyo is the the player was genuinely upsetting. As a calmer suggestion, I would really like a scene where Eleanor stands up against Kyo for her friend. Just, something to redeem her character. I'm still posting this as-is though, as I hope someone takes it to heart how upsetting such scenes can be to players before adding a scene like that to their own game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree with the harsher takes on the Eleanor kidnapping, which really sucks as I genuinely liked Eleanor as a character up to that point. I think you went too hard on the constant berating of the MC early on. We genuinely have no reason to interact with the "Master" Kyo, our character even says as much, and with how awful she is to the player at every opportunity, I'd accept slavery over her 'help' just to spite her, or run away somewhere far from the empire. As for Eleanor, that scene ruined her character for me. I had gotten her a free roof over her head and took her in as an apprentice before knowing about her potential, yet she immediately betrays me despite constant warnings and stories of how abusive Kyo is, all so she can get taught by a master instead of her friend. Good to know she will betray her 'friends' if she gets a better deal out of it.

To add to this, I kept waiting for the scene of Eleanor stepping in and calling Kyo out for her constant abuse of someone who put herself at risk for her sake numerous times, and it never came. She is perfectly happy to sit there and smile at all the praise she is getting while the player is repeatedly called useless right next to her, still totally ignoring the blatant proof of how abusive Kyo is, despite the player's warnings. It never even crosses her mind that the entire plot of the game revolves around the debt her friend is in, the same one she won't have to deal with because Kyo, the totally not abusive master, is letting her study for free. She doesn't even think about asking for Kyo to help us, the player, out of the same debt she just avoided. And she kidnaps us. Of course I want nothing to do with that witch and said no, and now I want nothing to do with Eleanor either. In my opinion, it wasn't very funny.

I do appreciate that later on Kyo actually seems to simmer down on the abuse and actually starts coming across as the type of character you seem to be implying she is through Eleanor, someone who actually cares but isn't willing to admit it. I also appreciate that in later interactions with Kyo, defying her actually sticks. We aren't forced to sit through our character being a spineless coward anymore, and we get to see Kyo actually be hurt by this decision, hopefully having some remorse and rethinking the way she treats her former student. Very few gameplay decisions anger me as much as having a character like Kyo was early in the game, and giving the player nothing to stop the abuse with. I do not like this character, I do not want to interact with this character, I really don't want to have sex with her, and I'd sooner slit my own throat than be at her mercy or accept her help. Having defiant options that aren't totally ignored anymore helps though. I like having the option to call her out on her bluff and refuse her.

Sadly, as long as there is no way to circumvent the kidnapping scene, whether by talking some sense into her or breaking free, Eleanor as a character is completely ruined for me. I'd even go so far as to say that I like the new Kyo better. I can't see what she did as anything but selling out her friend and lover, the only one in the city her who gave her a chance, for her own personal gain. She comes off as selfish and callous because of the interactions with Kyo. I know you probably won't let us leave her corpse in a ditch somewhere or just abandon her entirely, but I do ask that there either be a way to avoid the kidnapping scene, or just let us not be friendly with her from now on. That is an act I would never forgive, so I'd like to just have the option to be a bitch to her for the rest of the game, seeing as I'm stuck with her but still hate her.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes