RPGM Abandoned Rising Horde [v0.4] [RAKIS]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
The writing is bad. The writing is really, really bad, and considering this has been in development for months and this is the 3rd release, clearly the developer doesn't even consider it an issue. It was so jarring that right after I started a new game, I closed the game as soon as gameplay started and I was able to save because I just HAD to come here and mention how bad the writing is. It's doesn't read like the borderline-incoherent Engrish of someone from a non-English-speaking background doing their best to translate their work into English with the aid of Google Translate, it reads like the sloppy, badly-written work of someone who failed high school English (or possibly even primary school English) because they just don't give a damn. Almost no grammar, absent capitalization, long run-on sentences with no punctuation, it's a MESS.

mrcastor11

Mar 4, 2018
the conversation with mirilel does not change it always tells me : I'm fine but I need more time to think

What I have to do ?

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
So I played some more of the game and... seriously, it's not just the writing, the entire game is just awful. The gameplay flow is clunky as you can't interact with almost anything unless it's what you need to in order to advance the story (your sisters and sometimes even your mother can't even be spoken to), there's no music, no sound other than the menu bleep, and while the hand-made graphics look pretty nice at first glance, it all falls apart when you notice there's a waterfall behind the house which doesn't flow. The way the plot advances is pretty daft, particularly when you wake up in the night to find an elf randomly teleporting into your room to infodump on you (why did she come HERE?). The final straw came after Beth told me I needed to find seeds so she could plant a vegetable garden (no hint given as to where to look for them, natch), so I went outside to see what I could find, only to see the repaired wall had gone and the corpse of the orc I'd killed earlier was back, but now I couldn't interact with anything. After that, I just wrote the game off as a dead loss. I know RPGmaker isn't as easy to program as it likes to present itself as (I gave it a go myself once, but couldn't get the hang of it) but this is just plain amateurish.

Oh and to reiterate my earlier comment about how sloppy the writing is, on the title and load screens the game is called "Rising Hord". They just don't care, do they?

Reactions: Bob Jared

zeroxland

Aug 19, 2017
the conversation with mirilel does not change it always tells me : I'm fine but I need more time to think

What I have to do ?
I have the same issue, according to the walkthrough you need to talk to ava then talk to her, but her line seems to be stuck even after talking to ava

Edit 1: I tried looking on past posts on the thread and found a solution, it involves booting the save you're on on the 0.2 version of the game(apparently the developr has severe issues with event triggers)

Edit 2: While following the walkthrough it will have a part that tells you to workout with ava 3 times, it needs to be done exactly 3 times, counting the first one.

Last edited:

nirakawa

Mar 2, 2018
walkthrough step 34: go outside to test your skills near the wall
i went near all walls and cant find anything even tried using heal but cant work

johnwoo

Apr 13, 2017
I have the same issue, according to the walkthrough you need to talk to ava then talk to her, but her line seems to be stuck even after talking to ava

Edit 1: I tried looking on past posts on the thread and found a solution, it involves booting the save you're on on the 0.2 version of the game(apparently the developr has severe issues with event triggers)

Edit 2: While following the walkthrough it will have a part that tells you to workout with ava 3 times, it needs to be done exactly 3 times, counting the first one.
the 0.2 booting fix did nothing for me, i have all but given up on this game. its so buggy and doesnt have any directions on how to proceed. a quest book or something is need.

mark71

Apr 15, 2019
HELPP, stuck in ´´Go outside and test your new skills near the wall``. I judt have the healing skill and not working.

Mar 14, 2020
Test your new skill near the wall, how ?

Aah yeah I helped myself with others...so yeah fixed

Last edited:

CrimsoN.Dante

Apr 22, 2020
i have a bug that after i met the soldier . i go to talk to miriel and she keep saying i'm need time to think or something like that and i cant go futher :/ help please

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Steps I followed to bypass this issue
> In the current 0.4 version rest until the afternoon and move down to miriel and save there
> Download the 0.2 version off his paetron and unzip it
> Navigate to [DriveName]:\Rising Horde 0.4\www and copy the save folder
> Paste the save folder in the same position in the 0.2 folder [DriveName]:\Rising Horde 0.2\www
> Launch the 0.2 version and speak to her and go through her dialogue
> When she is finished save your game
> Navigate to [DriveName]:\Rising Horde 0.2\www and copy your save folder
> Navigate to [DriveName]:\Rising Horde 0.4\www and paste your save folder
> Walk to your room and sleep until morning and then walk to the wall and you should be able to progress
For those stuck at 34. test your skills it worked for me.

The Butler

May 3, 2017
Heya, I'm working on doing a proper translation of this game. (since the current one was ticking me off)
I will release it as a mod/patch later on.
................................................................................
Patch Anexed.
Consider it a minor patch/mod

Install: Extract in www folder and overwrite when asked (Backup original files first).
Only use it with game v 0.4.

Known issues.

• There might be more that I have missed.
  • In some scenes text might appear behind the body picture (I will solve it later)

Whats reworked...
Intro, many events on forest house, and some other things.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll resume it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbobdon

hathios

May 20, 2017
Before new updates their should be bugfixes like the talking to the elf to get opposite of the wall for step 34.
And I hope the nex 'update' will be a 4.1 bugfix and not a new version.

I did the V0.4 and v0.2 trick it didn't work for me and the spot for jumping over the wall is not seen.

Last edited:

GateC.

Nov 21, 2018
I have the same issues, can't talk to the ELF in bassement after helping the woman soldier and can't exercices near the wall either !!!

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes