VN Ren'Py Abandoned Rising Son [v0.2] [Masterlordflame]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
The guys new, he's figuring his shit out and if you'd read through old posts you'd know why it's a small update with not much content.

Either be constructive or don't post, simple as.

You may say "How can I be constructive, there is nothing here", well, then don't post, simple.
Thanks Ping

Reactions: PingPanda

Gwb2006

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks Ping
The secret to creating anything is simply to create something you enjoy first. No matter what you do, people are gonna talk shit, so create for yourself first. If you don't love what you're creating, you're going to burn yourself out and not want to do it anymore. Beyond that, listen to criticism and input at your own discretion, but follow your vision. As far as the game goes, it looks good for a start. I look forward to seeing what it becomes. Keep your head up and ignore the bullshit.

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
The secret to creating anything is simply to create something you enjoy first. No matter what you do, people are gonna talk shit, so create for yourself first. If you don't love what you're creating, you're going to burn yourself out and not want to do it anymore. Beyond that, listen to criticism and input at your own discretion, but follow your vision. As far as the game goes, it looks good for a start. I look forward to seeing what it becomes. Keep your head up and ignore the bullshit.
Thank you for the positivity.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
The guys new, he's figuring his shit out and if you'd read through old posts you'd know why it's a small update with not much content.

Either be constructive or don't post, simple as.

You may say "How can I be constructive, there is nothing here", well, then don't post, simple.
oh come on please..
they are rules about that ,that say to not post simple shit like "good game" or else and make a constructive comment.
but that doesnt block peoples to give their opinion freely.
as long its not insulting or else, i dont see why he shouldnt be able to post.

as the original post say :
"This game has like 10 renders at most, WTF ????? why it has 96k views ??? It's terrible"
i dont see where this is not a constructive critisism, as he ask why the game have much view and mentionned what he think about the game.
for me, that constructive in a sens.

no need to fight for that. peoples free to speak their own mind/opinion as long its not insulting.

if not, then why dont you blame KLX for his comment too ?
"Ribbed for your pleasure when jacking off don't you know anything about life!"

do you find this constructive critisism ? but not the other comment ? thats make non sens to me...

anyway, i not defend anybody here, i just say that as long its respectful minimum and not isulting, peoples are free to give their opinion, specifically when its relative to the game itself. i m not a moderator or admin, but come on , no rules are broken here and its aint north korea.

ps : showing the game have 96K views mean its not that bad game :) , but i dont know how that views are counted sooo, i cant certify anything about that lol

exy

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
From my experience with this forum I'd say that it's better for the new developers to not defend their games or insult the ones who are criticizing their games.
Although the developers also have the rights to defend themselves and their games but if you do that you'll start to get even more hate from the 'critics'.
If the developers don't interact to the critics, the critics will slowly start to disappear, if you defend your game you'll start a 'war' with them.
Most of the critics I've read in this topic don't seem harsh but neither constructive.

"This game has like 10 renders at most, WTF ????? why it has 96k views ??? It's terrible"
Half of this comment is constructive, half is offtopic.
This comment should have sound like this:
"Try to render more frames before releasing a new version, create more content."
Wouldn't be nicer this way ? I think it would.

People are abusing of this right of constructive critiques.
Most of them are posting something that sounds constructive and then they show their frustration on developer because they're disappointed of the game and they attack the developer in the same post.

Reactions: TheMonSun

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
From my experience with this forum I'd say that it's better for the new developers to not defend their games or insult the ones who are criticizing their games.
Although the developers also have the rights to defend themselves and their games but if you do that you'll start to get even more hate from the 'critics'.
If the developers don't interact to the critics, the critics will slowly start to disappear, if you defend your game you'll start a 'war' with them.
Most of the critics I've read in this topic don't seem harsh but neither constructive.

Half of this comment is constructive, half is offtopic.
This comment should have sound like this:
"Try to render more frames before releasing a new version, create more content."
Wouldn't be nicer this way ? I think it would.

People are abusing of this right of constructive critiques.
Most of them are posting something that sounds constructive and then they show their frustration on developer because they're disappointed of the game and they attack the developer in the same post.
adding most of peopls post a critic BEFORE playing the game. and sometime without even playing the game. they just base themself on the OP ( text/description and pictures ) or others peoples comments.
wich is a legit way to be informed about a game, but wont give you a 100% correct description of the game itself.

daphnefan

Apr 30, 2017
I really like the character models! This is a great start.

A couple recommendations for improvement:
-Remove the selection menus when there is only one choice to choose from. It is pointless.
-Change the text color. It is pretty hard to read in some places in the game.

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
I really like the character models! This is a great start.

A couple recommendations for improvement:
-Remove the selection menus when there is only one choice to choose from. It is pointless.
-Change the text color. It is pretty hard to read in some places in the game.
I already Fixed that for the next version

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
if you have trouble with fonts, you can always check for another font.
some are more thicc and so more visible and can give your game a unique style.

here theyare shit tons of them :)

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
if you have trouble with fonts, you can always check for another font.
some are more thicc and so more visible and can give your game a unique style.

here theyare shit tons of them :)
thanks but last time i changed fonts people complained

IE This release

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
thanks but last time i changed fonts people complained

IE This release
you can put multiples fonts and allow peoples to change it ingame. thats what i did in my game. like this, peoples are happy with new fonts, and if they dont like, they can go back to original fonts anytime they want directly ingame via settings.

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
you can put multiples fonts and allow peoples to change it ingame. thats what i did in my game. like this, peoples are happy with new fonts, and if they dont like, they can go back to original fonts anytime they want directly ingame via settings.
Thats true

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Finally, a focused Sonny-Mommy game. Don't try making entourage with multiple girl, or I will haunt you in discord, MLF. :tf:

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
Mother is Rachel model.
cant remember the other two. Victoria 7 and FR Liljia i think

*EDIT* Oh it was Monika not vic 7

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Rising Son v0.2
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )

Last edited:

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
...i dont know what i just played i was so short :disappointed: i got confused. By the way does anyone know if this game will get a new update? abandoned or developing?

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
I'm Writing The Storyline out first which I need to get done so I know how everything will play out. This will take time haha. Also, I'm going to be upgrading my pc at the end of the month so expect an update shortly after

Reactions: heimdal74
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote