2.30 star(s) 8 Votes

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
You can be both.
Male protagonist is still missing as a tag, then.

Why is the min requirements listing 28GB while the downloads are ~6GB at most?
It might be because the game takes up 22 GB. 6 GB for the download expanding to 22.
I don't remember as I removed the game again. But most Unreal games are MUCH larger than they need to be. Read my post a bit above this one where I explain why UE is such a shitty tool to use if you don't know how (or if you choose to not optimize what you release). Assets are completely uncompressed, is my best bet. Something that Unity will usually do.

bluestar60

Nov 30, 2018
If it is not possible to optimize as you go, that is another point for Unity and another demerit for UE. Cause Unity has no problem with optimizing during development, if you know how.

The general problem with UE and UE games in here is that 90% of the games developed with UE are developed by people who seriously should have chosen Unity, because it is just a bit easier to grasp. And, with the right assets and graphical choices, Unity can technically supersede Unreal simply because it is much more flexible - you can install other rendering engines, fx Octane, which UE did support in 4.22 but likely not in 5.x, also it is tedious because the plugin must be compiled for that specific Unreal Engine version, and it is a bitch to get to work, while in Unity you just install the asset. You can extend such functionality

That they decided to fundamentally change the engine for Unreal engine 5 is another idiotic move that makes a lot of stuff incompatible. I directly compare this with being totally disrespectful and disregarding the userbase. Generally, no issues arise when moving to a newer Unity version, so there's also that which they understand how to do.

Unreal is a great tool, no doubt, if you have the manpower and funds to actually use it as it is meant to be used. The problem is that most small-time developers aren't aware of this, which is why most of the games we see in here (including the bigger ones) are awfully unoptimized. For example, there is a game taking up 6 GB but everything in it is stylized and almost without textures. That game shouldn't take up more than 1-1.5 GB. Another example is a game with one house and a few characters, it is bigger than 10 GB.

And if those textures, models etc. cannot be properly optimized when importing them, and the game files aren't optimized and compressed, it tells a lot about Unreal Engine.

It doesn't help that a game usually looks better if it's not really worth playing, which is the issue with two out of three Unreal games in here. Being both 2D and 3D, Unity wins the flexibility battle too. (Check out professional review where Unity gets 10 pros and two cons, Unreal gets four pros and 15 cons!)

I could never get on with unity, and iv not personally been impressed with unity games
But that is nothing more then my opinion and limited exposure to unity, i think unity and unreal are both just as good as one another each having there own merits and demerits ect

I never said you cant optimise in unreal as you go im saying devs often dont worry too much about and instead prioritize other things first. So its more about what man power they have what is t here task list and who dose want. How many hours people spend doing what, if they like many prefer to get the core foundation mechanics in then work on these mechanics bugs and issues then usually optimisation comes after. And im talking fill indepth optimisation where one or a few people look over scripts and materials under a microscope and try to find finds to change and optimise. Not to say that they would not do some light optimisation as they go for things they notice at the time that can quickly fix and improve.

Regardless both our opinions are just speculation as we no nothing about how the dev team is or isnt doing things and what they prioritize. Ofcorse we both have out own set of standards and its easy to se some ones work and judge it with our standards but the experience is alot different when your actually working on the project spend the long hours

I get that this site is a hub of many many alpha games all with varying quality, many falling into a a barley limping stage. so its easy to get board or disenchanted of seeing the same level all the time. But its important to remember to be encouraging to developers otherwise you run the risk of disenchanting them to not want to continue the project.

By all means give your feedback and be honest about it its not about protecting feelings but you can also offer encouragement alongside your feedback. Otherwise it starts to become a bombardment of negativity that just demotivates developers
Developers give there hard work and players take it, but players need to give positivity for the devs to take back.
So both sides is a give and take not just a one sided thing. Its an easy thing to expect and even demand but its not as easy to provide, with all the hours involved to make and fix and test ect.

Adult games are not super high market so its a good thing that people/teams still try to make games for this market otherwise it would be extremely slim pickings. Relying on bigger companies to make these games is more of a rarity, Japanese game companies are the exception as they take the adult game market much more seriously.

Wamuu

Feb 26, 2019
Oh my god I activate the telescope elivator and the game keeps crashing, jesus christ. this game is a mess

Syybeat

Feb 27, 2018
It might be because the game takes up 22 GB. 6 GB for the download expanding to 22.
I don't remember as I removed the game again. But most Unreal games are MUCH larger than they need to be. Read my post a bit above this one where I explain why UE is such a shitty tool to use if you don't know how (or if you choose to not optimize what you release). Assets are completely uncompressed, is my best bet. Something that Unity will usually do.
It seems to be compressed now, since it didn't expand to 22 but stayed at 6GB.

But what the fuck are these keybinds?
1677249762451.png

• Haha
Reactions: Tomoushie and Gabaw

Bjørn Hansen

Apr 1, 2018
a woman can be straight gay and bi.
but a man only straight or gay.
edit :
my good man... if you suck a dick one time you are a gay.
xD if you are man gay it's because you like dicks...
You can't say you dont or do like something without trying it...
So you are a vegetarian because you never tasted meat???
No you are a vegetarian because you tasted it and did'nt like it...
You can suck one time and if you like it yea you are gay or bi. if dont like it you just found that you are straight!!.

Bjørn Hansen

Apr 1, 2018
Anyone else got this problem where you just suddenly die like randomly? full HP nothing blinking just suddenly you look like your head exploding and dead screen comes up...

Dickkkkon

Aug 9, 2019
xD if you are man gay it's because you like dicks...
You can't say you dont or do like something without trying it...
So you are a vegetarian because you never tasted meat???
No you are a vegetarian because you tasted it and did'nt like it...
You can suck one time and if you like it yea you are gay or bi. if dont like it you just found that you are straight!!.
did you suck a dick !!!

Bjørn Hansen

Apr 1, 2018
did you suck a dick !!!
actualy i did once in kindergarden.. call it children that experimenting what that thing is for...
i dont recall much of it but i know i did it and we got cought doing it...
Can also say i do prefer woman so what does that make me? straight cause i prefer a woman or Bi because did that thing one time and dont even recall if it was something i enjoyed or am i still just a gay living with a woman that i love???

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Syybeat

Kryptark

Sep 19, 2017
Does the game actually have a menu when you press the Escape button or does it just crash? Couldn't tell cause the game froze for so long I decided to force close the game.

Dickkkkon

Aug 9, 2019
actualy i did once in kindergarden.. call it children that experimenting what that thing is for...
i dont recall much of it but i know i did it and we got cought doing it...
Can also say i do prefer woman so what does that make me? straight cause i prefer a woman or Bi because did that thing one time and dont even recall if it was something i enjoyed or am i still just a gay living with a woman that i love???
sorry but my kindergarden teacher saw our chat and told me not to talk to you ...
she told me and i quote: (did i not tell you to not talk to people like him ..... send him one reply and stop this now or sit in the corner and put the stupid hat on ) so sorry but this is my last replay.

• Angry
Reactions: Syybeat

Bjørn Hansen

Apr 1, 2018
sorry but my kindergarden teacher saw our chat and told me not to talk to you ...
she told me and i quote: (did i not tell you to not talk to people like him ..... send him one reply and stop this now or sit in the corner and put the stupid hat on ) so sorry but this is my last replay.
And now you are taking me for a pedo? How old was i when i was in kindergarden???... Moron troll.....

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
Is the Character Creator locked or bugged?
When i press P to open it, nothing happens.
Says that's they key in the controls menu.

darkarivs

Aug 27, 2019
aint no way i can run cyberpunk but not this, can someone tell me why it runs like absolute garbage?????

2.30 star(s) 8 Votes