RPGM Completed Complete [RJ155863] - Sarah of the Rotation Cut v2.2.1 - Translation v2.3.5

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
What does it have to do with locale?
It can be played fine with english locale using the "RGSS104E.dll".
That is exactly the problem.
People like you who think they're the smartest and won't listen at all.

Just because it seems to work, it doesn't mean it won't cause any errors along the way.

I'm done responding to this issue.
I specifically said how the game should be played.
If you refuse not to, don't expect any support from me for whatever errors you get.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
That is exactly the problem.
People like you who think they're the smartest and won't listen at all.

Just because it seems to work, it doesn't mean it won't cause any errors along the way.

I'm done responding to this issue.
I specifically said how the game should be played.
If you refuse not to, don't expect any support from me for whatever errors you get.
Instead of attacking people, and blaming system locale, maybe you should fix the bugs you introduced in the script code e.g.
https://f95zone.to/threads/rj155863...t-v2-2-1-translation-v2-3-1.7676/post-2620014
at least study a bit ruby 1.8 before modifying randomly the code.
Another example is on the map (guard scenes -> village map) Map134.rxdata EV001 that it was reported here
how to fix this missing?
anyone have same problom?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Yes, the error you mentioned was caused by me like I sad few posts above and it has nothing do to with "randomly changing ruby code" (not like someone like you would ever understand) but rather me calling a script function for a body pose (like some of the other body poses do) that doesn't have a face for the number I called. This happens because I copy/paste a lot of functions calling to do things faster and sometimes I make a mistake. If you ever coded a line in your life then you would probably understand that these things happen no matter how much knowledge about a programming language you have.

Since you're such a smartass and have this amazing knowledge about ruby code, why don't you go and fix that actual error he's having, namely this one and not a stupid one caused by simple mistake I did that has nothing to do with ruby script code?
https://f95zone.to/threads/rj155863...t-v2-2-1-translation-v2-3-1.7676/post-2619391

I'm waiting for your magical ruby skills to work here and expect you to tell us what's the problem.
If you can't explain what's causing it, for what reasons and how to fix it, then please shut up and go share your amazing ruby knowledge somewhere else.

Thanks
Wish you all the best.

Reactions: vampash

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Yes, the error you mentioned was caused by me like I sad few posts above and it has nothing do to with "randomly changing ruby code" (not like someone like you would ever understand) but rather me calling a script function for a body pose (like some of the other body poses do) that doesn't have a face for the number I called. This happens because I copy/paste a lot of functions calling to do things faster and sometimes I make a mistake. If you ever coded a line in your life then you would probably understand that these things happen no matter how much knowledge about a programming language you have.

Since you're such a smartass and have this amazing knowledge about ruby code, why don't you go and fix that actual error he's having, namely this one and not a stupid one caused by simple mistake I did that has nothing to do with ruby script code?
https://f95zone.to/threads/rj155863...t-v2-2-1-translation-v2-3-1.7676/post-2619391

I'm waiting for your magical ruby skills to work here and expect you to tell us what's the problem.
If you can't explain what's causing it, for what reasons and how to fix it, then please shut up and go share your amazing ruby knowledge somewhere else.

Thanks
Wish you all the best.
Yes, these things happen. Especially when you copy paste. And if you step down from your almighty coding attitude you may identify them sooner.
I already explained that his error is probably caused by folder depth/long path.
ps. rubby skills cannot cure everything and certainly not arrogance like yours.
Good luck with your project.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I don't have an "almighty coding attitude" (whatever that is) and I've never claimed I was a coder or that I know ruby that good. At best, I'm a beginner when it comes to ruby although I dare to say that I understand quite a lot of it since the base logic is the same/(almost the same) in every programming language.

This error has nothing to do with "folder depth/long path" since it never happens to me or anyone else (to my knowledge) that listens and uses Locale Emulator set on Japan or set their own windows locale to Japan. The folder structure is the same for everyone but it only happens to certain people and the one thing everyone that complained about that problem in this thread has is that they don't use Japanese locale. This game was made in a Japanese version of RPG Maker and some of the scripts(only a few) actually use Japanese characters inside them for comparison or to call another function. Because the game isn't run in Japanese, the engine can't "understand" Japanese characters, and the file that in his case in located inside the folder, the game engine returns an error that it can't find it. To a user/player, it looks the same but the engine interprets it differently. To the engine, the file name and the name of the file it's looking for is not equal and it returns the error that it can't find the file even though the file the engine is looking for is inside the right folder and it's named correctly.

Maybe just installing the support for Japanese characters inside the windows instead of changing the whole locale to Japanese would also fix the problem but I can't test that since my PC is already set to Japanese locale and I've downloaded and installed all the files for the support of Japanese characters.

EDIT: To further illustrate what the problem actually is if you don't understand from reading the text is this:

On the left side is how the engine sees Japanese characters if you don't have your locale set to Japan and on the right is the same windows that shows how the engine sees the Japanese text with support. On the bottom are the files inside the folder and you can see how they're actually named.

In first case, where you don't have support for Japanese characters, the engine tries to find a file with that "Gibbrish" but it can't find it and returns the error.
In second case, where you have support for Japanese characters, the engine find the file and runs correctly.

So, everyone, keep telling people to not use locale set to Japanese and keep telling them to just change inside game.ini to 104E when they don't have text in-game. That will really help them in the long run.

Changing the file names to something else that doesn't have Japanese characters would fix the problem but would require finding on every map, on every event tab that calls those pictures with Japanese names and change them manually to call renamed versions of the picture. This is something, I absolutely won't do. It is time consuming and I would probably never find all the events.

I thought telling people to simply change their locale or just use locale emulator would be enough but I guess it isn't.

I hope with this, this whole issue is now solved and people just simply listen and do what they're told.

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
To understand what "folder depth/long path" error is, create a folder with a name with 180-190 carracters put your game in there and launch it. It will cause the errors that he is having no matter the local.
e.g.
D:\11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111\Sarah of Rotation Cut 2.2.1\
It is a common problem that exists since windows 3.1.

In rpgmaker XP/VX/VX ACE the local does not matter if you change the dll and the name of the game to english in the ini.
It matters only and will give an error, if you have the name of the game in japanese carracters in the ini.
The only problems that are caused is that some specific carracters will be displayed as squares (e.g. instead of hearts) and that they are thinner since it reverts to the default gamefont instead of using the one of the game.

edit: If that was the case then you would have the exact same problems editing the game with a non japanese version of rpgmaker.

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Ah... Well, whatever.
What a waste of time this was.
In any case...

Expect the newest version as soon as I finish the ending for the bandits which I think will be maybe the middle of next week or next weekend.

After that, I'll probably make a pool to see (since I'm really curious) which characters you'd like the next scenes to be with.

Goodnight.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So, everyone, keep telling people to not use locale set to Japanese and keep telling them to just change inside game.ini to 104E when they don't have text in-game. That will really help them in the long run.
I really think you should add "*sarcasm*" or something to that part, bc I'm pretty sure at least a few people will take that...literally. lol
edit: If that was the case then you would have the exact same problems editing the game with a non japanese version of rpgmaker.
UNLESS. *drumroll*
He was doing it in Japanese locale, which he had actually mentioned a few times? Oh wait. Quite a few times...
I mean, ffs, just in the post above yours he explains what the problem exactly is, in depth! To reiterate: the author created the file "モンスター128_128.png", and that asset was called in the scripts themselves. So this "モンスター128_128.png" is in the actual effing code itself.
So what does a proud RPGM XP/VX/VX ACE engine do when it gets to that part in the code?
Well, it depends.

If it's run in a non-Japanese locale, and comes to that part, it will say to itself

"What the fuck is this?! "モンスター128_128.png"?? All I can see is *insert mojibake from the illustrative post above*!! Oh well, I guess I should be looking for [*insert mojibake from the illustrative post above*]....
SHIIIIIT! I cannot find [*insert mojibake from the illustrative post above*]!!
E-...ERR-...
ERROOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! *sadfaceemoji*".

If it's run in Japanese locale (or emulated Japanese locale (like, you know, what Locale Emulator emulates)), it will say to itself

"Cool. Found it. Let's proceed with the fucking code. I'm happy. I'm not a robot. The cake was a lie. Whatevs... Let's just proceed and take a secret video in the meantime of my user fapping to inflating belly/huge anal insertion/monster rape/demon tentacle through body/guro/lol-[SYSTEM_OVERRIDE]/sweet-sweet vanilla incest zombie reverse rape ryona/etc. for later use!"

Makes sense now?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
I really think you should add "*sarcasm*" or something to that part, bc I'm pretty sure at least a few people will take that...literally. lol
UNLESS. *drumroll*
He was doing it in Japanese locale, which he had actually mentioned a few times? Oh wait. Quite a few times...
I mean, ffs, just in the post above yours he explains what the problem exactly is, in depth! To reiterate: the author created the file "モンスター128_128.png", and that asset was called in the scripts themselves. So this "モンスター128_128.png" is in the actual effing code itself.
So what does a proud RPGM XP/VX/VX ACE engine do when it gets to that part in the code?
Well, it depends.

If it's run in a non-Japanese locale, and comes to that part, it will say to itself

"What the fuck is this?! "モンスター128_128.png"?? All I can see is *insert mojibake from the illustrative post above*!! Oh well, I guess I should be looking for [*insert mojibake from the illustrative post above*]....
E-...ERR-...

If it's run in Japanese locale (or emulated Japanese locale (like, you know, what Locale Emulator emulates)), it will say to itself

"Cool. Found it. Let's proceed with the fucking code. I'm happy. I'm not a robot. The cake was a lie. Whatevs... Let's just proceed and take a secret video in the meantime of my user fapping to inflating belly/huge anal insertion/monster rape/demon tentacle through body/guro/lol-[SYSTEM_OVERRIDE]/sweet-sweet vanilla incest zombie reverse rape ryona/etc. for later use!"

Makes sense now?
No kidding! :rolleyes:
And if you compare the two windows, you will see that even though the files are displayed with gibberish carracters (when used with the english local) the program.... Wow... finds and displays the same image...:oops::)

The code executed and the code visualized on the screen are two entirely different things.

Last edited:

DjKillerDev

Jul 19, 2018
UNLESS. *drumroll*
Well, it depends.

E-...ERR-...

Makes sense now?
I Quit Playing This Game Man ...
I still didn't Understand What Is Japanese Locale And how to do that
But I try All
As They Said...
Moved Game to C or D Drive and Changed GAME.ini game Running but Just after the Morgan's House When I going Out It's Saying
Some Character Missing It's Didn't Found
But That File Is Still Exist There

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I Quit Playing This Game Man ...
I still didn't Understand What Is Japanese Locale And how to do that
But I try All
As They Said...
Moved Game to C or D Drive and Changed GAME.ini game Running but Just after the Morgan's House When I going Out It's Saying
Some Character Missing It's Didn't Found
But That File Is Still Exist There
Keep listening to him and copy your game from C drive to D drive. That's sure going to solve your problem. And there's nothing I can do when you don't understand English at all. Yes, I'm an asshole, a big one for saying that.

EDIT:
In any case, because you're all started to piss me off with your incompetence to start a game in a Japanese locale, I've edited all the maps and changed all the events to now display a renamed file now. Hopefully, I didn't miss any of the events and this is the last time I hear about this crap.

To apply these changes:

1 -
2 - Copy the files inside game root folder and overwrite
3 - Play game

Reactions: DjKillerDev

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
And if you compare the two windows, you will see that even though the files are displayed with gibberish carracters (when used with the english local) the program.... Wow... finds and displays the same image...:oops:
Satisfied now?
Japanese_XP.png Non-Japanese.png
RPGM XP run in Japanese vs non-Japanese locale, with the very same project, very same files.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Satisfied now?
View attachment 455209 View attachment 455211
RPGM XP run in Japanese vs non-Japanese locale, with the very same project, very same files.
Dude, he's trolling so badly...
If he isn't, then, I really, from the bottom of my heart, feel sad and sorry for him.

This shouldn't be an issue anymore since I've edited all the maps to call a different file that only has standard alphabet characters in it.

DjKillerDev

Jul 19, 2018
Now I Can Play This Game Without Any Bug And Crash ...
I just Installed a Japanese Emulator It's Changing Locale While Playing Japanese Games...

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Uh...

You download the game from the link in the first post, apply the bug fix and play the game.

Endings are triggered by Sarah getting pregnant with certain characters while normal scenes I added are triggered by progressing story with certain characters.

Reactions: blasterexile

Sbogo

Aug 16, 2017
Uh...

You download the game from the link in the first post, apply the bug fix and play the game.

Endings are triggered by Sarah getting pregnant with certain characters while normal scenes I added are triggered by progressing story with certain characters.
Do I copy also the file "Updated-10.11.2019" in the main folder of the game ?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote