RPGM Onhold [RJ290576] 淫魔のトラップアイランド / Succubus Trap Island - Manual English Translation

blblblbl993

Jul 14, 2020
I wonder if Kagura contacted barraged and the release got lost in a possible deal of sorts.
It's odd that it suddenly was lost at completion.

Was really looking forward to it too.
Well, it looks like it's the same situation as with tenkakuru's translation of "Noelle Will Give Her All!", we'll probably hear about official English release soon, it just sucks that (it seems like) they forbid the author to talk about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acerock

barraged1

May 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

Quick update, the previous avenue for release doesn't look like its going to work out. Due to this, I will be doing the polish and release for this myself most likely. I'm fairly busy IRL at the moment, but I'll try to work on it as much as I can. I appreciate the patience, sometimes things just don't go the way you hope!

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

Quick update, the previous avenue for release doesn't look like its going to work out. Due to this, I will be doing the polish and release for this myself most likely. I'm fairly busy IRL at the moment, but I'll try to work on it as much as I can. I appreciate the patience, sometimes things just don't go the way you hope!
Im surprised to see a alert from this thread.
Glad to see you are doing well or so I hope?
And that this translation was not abandoned.

Do you have any ETA for a patch?

Winterfell

Jan 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

As long as KG didnt get to you, that's fine and dandy. Take your time, no rush dude...

BakaBaka121

Mar 20, 2020
I'm happy knowing that the work which had been done didn't end up abandoned. Hope we can play this soon enough!

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Well the only thing the translator said was " I will be doing the polish and release for this myself most likely ".
(something that he been saying more or less since last year if we go according to his posts in this thread.)

I cant really call that a promise that he will finish it at all.
Or that he actually worked on it at all for that matter as it seems theres not even a partial patch from him on this thread.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Nerro

BakaBaka121

Mar 20, 2020
Well the only thing the translator said was " I will be doing the polish and release for this myself most likely ".
(something that he been saying more or less since last year if we go according to his posts in this thread.)

Or that he actually worked on it at all for that matter as it seems theres not even a partial patch from him on this thread.
Given Barraged's history with this circle, they most likely have it almost translated.
My guess is that Kagura or someone else reached out with a possibilty of some monetary incentive, which nobody would want to refuse, hence Barraged was trying to make it work. Most likely it didn't end up working out whatsoever.

The most likely is probably cause of Barraged being busy. Either way if Polish doesn't end up happening I hope we get the unpolished version at least like how Nightmare Girls was released in multiple steps.

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
The most likely is probably cause of Barraged being busy. Either way if Polish doesn't end up happening I hope we get the unpolished version at least like how Nightmare Girls was released in multiple steps.
That game actually had a "creation of thread" partial patch that was indeed constantly updated.

This game one the other hand had the thread created in 2021 and nothing that would say "Im really working on this game".

barraged1

May 23, 2018

You're right, I've been stringing you along just to cuck you right at the end...checkmate~

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Not sure if serious.
I am somewhat serious yes.
As i have seen many FanTranslators with empty promises both here and on ulmf.

Back in october he was and i will quote: "Doing a QA/QC pass and then final polish, after which the game will be ready for release.", you can see his post yourself if you go back a page.

So unless i see any kind of proof of any kind that said translation actually exists i will continue to doubt.

Yall can facepalm all you want but the fact is this: "Not even a partial for this supposed manual english translation exists ever since this thread creation" and you can easily seen when this thread was created.

But what do i know ? Im sure you guys must have acess to some inside info that confirms for sure that hes working on it other that a post he made after 4 + months of silence.

Last edited:
Reactions: JockelSBN

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
I am somewhat serious yes.
As i have seen many FanTranslators with empty promises both here and on ulmf.

Back in october he was and i will quote: "Doing a QA/QC pass and then final polish, after which the game will be ready for release.", you can see his post yourself if you go back a page.

So unless i see any kind of proof of any kind that said translation actually exists i will continue to doubt.

Yall can facepalm all you want but the fact is this: "Not even a partial for this supposed manual english translation exists ever since this thread creation" and you can easily seen when this thread was created.

But what do i know ? Im sure you guys must have acess to some inside info that confirms for sure that hes working on it other that a post he made after 4 + months of silence.
If you really had looked that much at Fan Translations in the past both here and in ULMF; you would know barraged have done at least a few big ones in the past... And they even got links to them in their signature... So there really is no reason to doubt it should be existing...

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
If you really had looked that much at Fan Translations in the past both here and in ULMF; you would know barraged have done at least a few big ones in the past... And they even got links to them in their signature... So there really is no reason to doubt it should be existing...
Saying a few big ones is a overstatement since he only did 2 other translations before this and only one of then was a actual big game. But i do get you point.

Regardless as i previously said in this thread, in said translations he did release partials for people to test and bug report during the length of the translation effort.
So why didnt he do the same for this game in the 2+ year time since the start of this supposed translation?

Even Habisain released a few partials for his Virgin Protection Magic translation in the 7+years he spent translating that game before he decided to give everyone the middle finger and vanishing.( but at least he actually left something for people to work with and complete)

But we will wait and see if this translation will ever show up at all.

Last edited:

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
You're right, I've been stringing you along just to cuck you right at the end...checkmate~
Well I just want to add this, when I translated Lattice SOS it took like 3 months in total, which in context was about 4 hours gameplay (Over 60 H scenes), also each outfit affected NPC and story dialogue so that 4 hour gameplay had like 12+ worth of dialogue :HideThePain: And in that 3 months, it took me like a month to translate, and about 2 months to proofread... So don't underestimate the proofreading process.

Also if you need help with something I can probably help you. I can help fix bugs if there are any or help playtest and proof it

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterSeeker

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
So don't underestimate the proofreading process.
Yeah, im sure a translation for a game of the same size script wise (more or less )as Lattice SOS would take 2+ years to translate and to proofread.

But we will see how many more years will this one take.

On that note thanks for that Lattice SOS TL

Last edited:

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
Yeah , im sure a translation for a game of the same size script wise as Lattice SOS would take 2+ years to translate and to proofread.
Also it should be noted, without all those who helped me it probably would've taken closer to 6 months or so. Me having 3 people help with proofreading really helped a lot. :HideThePain:

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Also it should be noted, without all those who helped me it probably would've taken closer to 6 months or so. Me having 3 people help with proofreading really helped a lot. :HideThePain:
And thats my point.
IF he actually was working on the tl as he claimed on october last year ( Doing a QA/QC pass and then final polish as stated here https://f95zone.to/threads/rj290576...anual-english-translation.100677/post-9236278 ), it wouldnt be hard to actually release a patch and let people here help with proofreading would it?

So forgive me for thinking that this translation is a load of BS and he doesnt actually have anything to proofread and that being the reason why he never showed anything for it. Even people who MTL post partials.

Im sure in a couple months he will be back again saying "sorry guys the hdd i using for the translation blew up so i lost all my work"

Last edited:

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
And thats my point.
IF he actually was working on the tl as he claimed on october last year ( Doing a QA/QC pass and then final polish as stated here https://f95zone.to/threads/rj290576...anual-english-translation.100677/post-9236278 ), it wouldnt be hard to actually release a patch and let people here help with proofreading would it?

So forgive me for thinking that this translation is a load of BS and he doesnt actually have anything to proofread and that being the reason why he never showed anything for it. Even people who MTL post partials.

Im sure in a couple months he will be back again saying "sorry guys the hdd i using for the translation blew up so i lost all my work"
Hmmmm... I honestly doubt it's bullshit. Like why would he lie anyways? I don't see the point in that kind of stuff. I suspect it was more of just an underestimation of how much work was left combined with overestimating the amount of free he expected he would have. As someone who has worked on translating games, I find it hard to believe that he would just drop months and months of work.